Did you hear Ponyo's English theme?

Axel

The Flurry of Dancing Flames
Did you hear that new song 'Ponyo' by Frankie Jonas and Noah Cyrus? It's okay, but the JP version is better.. Disney ruined it. :(

(Frankie = Mini version of Nick, Noah = Mini version of Miley/Hannah..)

RE: Did you hear it?

...What have they done to Ponyo.

I also can't believe Disney is already building up the replacements for their older siblings when they take a dive.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lk-GEhYdY here is the original. It's not even that great, but it is 9001 times better than what Disney has done to it. I liked it better when Miyazaki dubs didn't get a bunch of "famous" people involved.

I like that version better.. Disney just ruined it. :(

I just hate how disney is milking these people's entire families. Another great thing is that you don't have to sing well anymore with technology these days. Just listen to how synthesized the english version is. :V

I hate the English Version, lol. Sounds stupid, and they changed it way to much from the original.

Okay, at first I thought you linked the trailer, and I was like, "Ugh, another weeaboo whining about the dub..." Honestly, I could deal with the actual voice acting in the movie, but after I actually clicked the link.

Jesus, I raged so hard.

Personally, I hate the song, but that shouldn't stop me from seeing the movie.
It's America and it's Disney, it's sort of predictable so there isn't a reason to complain.​

ElectroManiac said:
America=FAIL
Disney=FAIL
Japan=WIN
That's why Disney's animation was miles ahead of the two-or-three-frames-per-minute animation from Japan.

Even though, y'know, Disney started decades before it.

It's pretty sad when animation studios that make cels by hand and frame-by-frame have better animation than studios that have access to computer cel-making programs, tweening programs, and other new technology.

It's a shame that Studio Ghibli can't afford to make their own american company. Disney is like the yankees, they buy all the companies/players who work so hard to be good for their team, and steal them for popularity. I'll see it anyways, since I am addicted to Studio Ghibli movies, but the original is still the best.

Though it looks like it would be very cute in japanese, I'm not going to see it anytime soon. Disney should really stop messing with Miyazaki...

Ugh, never seen the movie but I think Disney is going beat it up pretty badly.

What ever happened to all of Disney's good movies?
(Lion King, Aladin, The Little Mermaid, you know, when they didn't have the whiny Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus)

Its because of EVOLUTION. Kiddin, we teenagers/kids like other 'Hot' teens singers. So they were right in there choices. We are the minority and the 'Others' Like to watch Hannah Montana and the Jonas brothers. Not to mention High school musical

When I heard this was getting released, I was overjoyed. When I saw Disney and their voice actors in it, it made me want to shoot myself. Another franchise ruined...

dmaster out.

The onyl really great voice in this is the dad. He's the same guy as the dad from Fallout 3, so it's funny hearing him talking about a mom again.

He was also Qui-gon and stuff, but Fallout 3 is cooler.

kashmaster said:
Anything that was produced by an affiliation of Disney is rubbish IMO
You either know that's untrue, or you are very, very misinformed.

As someone stated earlier, Disney's downhill tumble into teenage pop idols and the like is a recent thing. However, in its prime, Disney did some great things and produced some wonderful animation with great voices and stories. Every company has its time in the limelight -- Disney's just getting to that point where it's struggling on the edge and trying to fight its way back to being a respectable company that's liked by everyone (not just 12- and 13- year old girls).

Seriously, I'm getting a little sick of all this Disney/America-bashing in this thread. Get your facts straight; Disney has not always been pumping out this sort of hideously mangled bollocks, and Japan isn't the God-country you all make it out to be.

Heck, I'd even venture to say that a lot of American animation companies were good before they started dipping their noses into the Japanese anime style and importing anime to America. If anything, this "anime" has been an excuse to churn out mediocre-quality animation with plots that have been reused 9001 times.

American animation studios made animation more than just an experiment. They breathed life into it and made it something popular and enjoyable. Japan learned to manufacture animation cheaply and in bulk, thus detracting from the quality in excuse for quantity. I dunno about you folks, but I'd rather have one or two really great animated TV shows than have 100 or 200 shows a year with bug-eyed, shrill-voiced girls and next to no animation at all -- not to mention a plot that's been rehashed more times than Romeo and Juliet.

Throughout my younger years Disney was a major part of my life. That is, back when it was associated with Mickey Mouse, the Princesses, and such, not The Jonas Brothers and Zac Efron.
I'll occasionally sit with my niece and nephew and watch the animated movies with them, just to see how much Disney's really changed.
I hope many of you, when you think Disney, you think children watching movies that put a smile on their face and an imaginative sparkle in their eyes, just like Walt Disney himself, rather than a girl in a blonde wig singing songs about being normal and fitting in.

HyorinFrozenSoul said:
Throughout my younger years Disney was a major part of my life. That is, back when it was associated with Mickey Mouse, the Princesses, and such, not The Jonas Brothers and Zac Efron.
I'll occasionally sit with my niece and nephew and watch the animated movies with them, just to see how much Disney's really changed.
I hope many of you, when you think Disney, you think children watching movies that put a smile on their face and an imaginative sparkle in their eyes, just like Walt Disney himself, rather than a girl in a blonde wig singing songs about being normal and fitting in.
Quoted for truth.

Thank you, good sir.

Back