• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dialga GX / Silvally GX

Chimera211

Bottom tier Yugioh duelist
Hello, I just created a profile here so I can try and get some input on a new deck that I want to try out. Sadly I don't own all the cards irl or online yet. I really want to try and use Dialga GX, especially with his GX attack, so I thought to try and use Max Elixirs to boost him.. I'm not sure if I can safely make room for DCE though.

I was thinking of using Volkner to get soem electric energy as well as and item like a Max Elixir, memory, or other item I need. In that case Xurkitree GX looks nice to splash in, though I'm hoping the upcoming electric Kyurem? next set will work well.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Type: Null CIN 89
* 4 Silvally-GX CIN 108
* 3 Dialga-GX UPR 146
* 1 Xurkitree-GX UPR 142
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Volkner UPR 135
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Fire Memory UPR 123
* 1 Psychic Memory CIN 98

##Energy - 13

* 4 Lightning Energy GRI 168
* 9 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is the first pokemon deck I've made from scratch too, aside from having inspiration from a local player that used a similar mon lineup with Dusk Mane instead of Dialga.

Hello, I just created a profile here so I can try and get some input on a new deck that I want to try out. Sadly I don't own all the cards irl or online yet. I really want to try and use Dialga GX, especially with his GX attack, so I thought to try and use Max Elixirs to boost him.. I'm not sure if I can safely make room for DCE though.

I was thinking of using Volkner to get soem electric energy as well as and item like a Max Elixir, memory, or other item I need. In that case Xurkitree GX looks nice to splash in, though I'm hoping the upcoming electric Kyurem? next set will work well.

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Silvally-GX CIN 108
* 3 Dialga-GX UPR 146
* 1 Xurkitree-GX UPR 142
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Volkner UPR 135
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Fire Memory UPR 123

##Energy - 13

* 4 Lightning Energy GRI 168
* 9 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is the first pokemon deck I've made from scratch too, aside from having inspiration from a local player that used a similar mon lineup with Dusk Mane instead of Dialga.

Welcome to Pokebeach @Chimera211! Glad that you could join us! I think that Dialga GX is a great card, along with Silvally GX, but I believe that both are best as backup attackers. Dialga GX is a great draw support card early game, along with its amazing GX attack, but the high amount of Energy required on its attacks aren't something you can do until about turn 4-5. At that point, Dilaga GX has been K.O.ed most likely. Silvally GX is great for charging up a heavy hitter (I know Dialga GX technically is, but you only get to use its GX move once, and Shred does only 80 damage) like Celesteela GX or Dusk Mane Necrozma GX, but it can't really deal enough damage after its GX attack to really keep up with your opponent.

Now, I do like your idea of [L] type Pokémon combined with Volkner and the Memories. Maybe we should focus on that instead (let me know if you would rather focus on your variant and I would gladly do so). The best attacker I could find for the job was Raikou from (BKT) with the Xurkitree GX. Here is a list I've come up with for the job.

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Type: Null CIN 89
* 3 Silvally-GX CIN 108
* 3 Raikou BKT 55
* 1 Xurkitree-GX UPR 142
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Volkner UPR 135
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 140
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 2 Fighting Memory CIN 94
*3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116

##Energy - 12

* 8 Lightning Energy GRI 168
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

So, I don't know if you know what Raikou does, but here is the text on the card just in case.

[L] Type/HP: 120/Raikou

Ability — Shining Body
If this Pokémon has any Lightning Energy attached to it, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[3] Thunder Lance (50+)
This attack does 20 more damage for each Lightning Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Retreat Cost: 1/Weakness: [F]x2/Resistance: [M]-2

Anyways, the goal is to build up Raikou to start taking K.O.s while forcing your opponent to deal with the extra HP and durability of Raikou (combined with all of the other cards like Aether Paradise Conservation Area, Fighting Fury Belt, etc.). Charge them up with Silvally GX (which takes K.Os on Zoroark GX, Buzzwole GX, etc. with the Memories) and blow past your opponent. I know it isn't what your deck is focusing on, but personally, I think that this variant of Silvally GX would do a lot better (just my opinion). This is the only [L] type variant that I can think of, though there may be more, but the main idea is that Silvally GX takes early K.Os with the Memories and charges up a bulky attacker on the bench. This goes for all types, not just [L] or [N]. Anyways, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to Pokebeach @Chimera211! Glad that you could join us! I think that Dialga GX is a great card, along with Silvally GX, but I believe that both are best as backup attackers. Dialga GX is a great draw support card early game, along with its amazing GX attack, but the high amount of Energy required on its attacks aren't something you can do until about turn 4-5. At that point, Dilaga GX has been K.O.ed most likely. Silvally GX is great for charging up a heavy hitter (I know Dialga GX technically is, but you only get to use its GX move once, and Shred does only 80 damage) like Celesteela GX or Dusk Mane Necrozma GX, but it can't really deal enough damage after its GX attack to really keep up with your opponent.

Now, I do like your idea of [L] type Pokémon combined with Volkner and the Memories. Maybe we should focus on that instead (let me know if you would rather focus on your variant and I would gladly do so). The best attacker I could find for the job was Raikou from (BKT) with the Xurkitree GX. Here is a list I've come up with for the job.

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Type: Null CIN 89
* 3 Silvally-GX CIN 108
* 3 Raikou BKT 55
* 1 Xurkitree-GX UPR 142
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 N FCO 105
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Volkner UPR 135
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 140
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Ultra Ball FCO 113
*3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116

##Energy - 12

* 8 Lightning Energy GRI 168
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

So, I don't know if you know what Raikou does, but here is the text on the card just in case.

[L] Type/HP: 120/Raikou

Ability — Shining Body
If this Pokémon has any Lightning Energy attached to it, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

[3] Thunder Lance (50+)
This attack does 20 more damage for each Lightning Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Retreat Cost: 1/Weakness: [F]x2/Resistance: [M]-2

Anyways, the goal is to build up Raikou to start taking K.O.s while forcing your opponent to deal with the extra HP and durability of Raikou (combined with all of the other cards like Aether Paradise Conservation Area, Fighting Fury Belt, etc.). Charge them up with Silvally GX (which takes K.Os on Zoroark GX, Buzzwole GX, etc. with the Memories) and blow past your opponent. I know it isn't what your deck is focusing on, but personally, I think that this variant of Silvally GX would do a lot better (just my opinion). This is the only [L] type variant that I can think of, though there may be more, but the main idea is that Silvally GX takes early K.Os with the Memories and charges up a bulky attacker on the bench. This goes for all types, not just [L] or [N]. Anyways, let me know what you think. Thanks!
Thanks for the input! I think your idea will work better and I should just leave Dialga GX for another deck with Magnezone and letters. I completely overlooked Raikou when I was scrolling through the [L] pokemon available.

Also your list was over 2 cards when I imported it, so I took out a couple Sycamore for Fighting Fury Belts, though I might take out a Cynthia for a Sycamore. :eek:
I'll have to put it together sometime and see how it does in locals~

Thanks for the input! I think your idea will work better and I should just leave Dialga GX for another deck with Magnezone and letters. I completely overlooked Raikou when I was scrolling through the [L] pokemon available.

Also your list was over 2 cards when I imported it, so I took out a couple Sycamore for Fighting Fury Belts, though I might take out a Cynthia for a Sycamore. :eek:
I'll have to put it together sometime and see how it does in locals~

Great, sounds good! I don't know how the deck was 2 cards over, though I did do it manually (I copy/pasted your list and edited it, then counted it a few times). Actually, I don't remember going up to four Prof. Sycamore, so maybe that was a typo. I would do as you did and go down to two Sycamore, that seems to be the best option (I'll edit my earlier post to have two Sycamore). Anyways, I wish you luck, let me know how it goes for you and if you need anything else!

I have been running something similar online just using a Zoroark draw engine. I love the ability to take big OHKO on most of the meta decks with Silvally's memories. I am still trying to fine tune the amount of each memory in the list. I originally thought Electric Memory was useless, but it comes in clutch against the recently popular Ho-Oh decks and Empoleon decks. Fire Memory has also been huge with some of the new metal decks and of course Golisopod. The only two downsides I have faced in my testing is missing a turn one energy attachment to Type Null, and the fact that both Zoroark and Silvally both share the same weakness.

I have been running something similar online just using a Zoroark draw engine. I love the ability to take big OHKO on most of the meta decks with Silvally's memories. I am still trying to fine tune the amount of each memory in the list. I originally thought Electric Memory was useless, but it comes in clutch against the recently popular Ho-Oh decks and Empoleon decks. Fire Memory has also been huge with some of the new metal decks and of course Golisopod. The only two downsides I have faced in my testing is missing a turn one energy attachment to Type Null, and the fact that both Zoroark and Silvally both share the same weakness.
I meant to play this deck with Oranguru Friday, but I forgot to order him along with the rest of the cards I needed. :O
In that case I'll try using Zoroark in the deck instead, that's fine he's my favorite mon anyways~

If there were a grass memory I'd probably use it for Lycanroc GX, but the psychic memory should help a little hopefully.

I meant to play this deck with Oranguru Friday, but I forgot to order him along with the rest of the cards I needed. :O
In that case I'll try using Zoroark in the deck instead, that's fine he's my favorite mon anyways~

If there were a grass memory I'd probably use it for Lycanroc GX, but the psychic memory should help a little hopefully.

I like having access to Zoroark's GX attack too. I play it with dark energy, so anything I cant hit for weakness using Silvally's memories, I can try and use Trickster GX to copy other attacks for OHKOs. Its so fun to follow up my opponents knock out of Silvally with a Zoroark GX attack knockout

I like having access to Zoroark's GX attack too. I play it with dark energy, so anything I cant hit for weakness using Silvally's memories, I can try and use Trickster GX to copy other attacks for OHKOs. Its so fun to follow up my opponents knock out of Silvally with a Zoroark GX attack knockout
I'd love to try running 2 or 3 dark energies, but with Raikou and Xurkitree being Lightning hungry it probably won't be ideal, oh well. I've only done test draws with my mostly complete deck (waiting on an extra Silvally and 2 memories) and I can get why Max Elixirs are pricey :eek:
I do love being able to use Trade to get 2 cards and attach an energy with Silvally~

May I see your deck list? :eek:

##Pokémon - 16

* 3 Silvally-GX UPR 116
* 3 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 3 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Giratina PR-XY XY184
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Skyla BKP 122
* 2 Psychic Memory CIN 98
* 2 Fire Memory UPR 123
* 1 Electric Memory UPR 121
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 3 N FCO 105
* 1 Mallow GRI 145

##Energy - 13

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69
* 9 Darkness Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

This is what I have been running lately.
Decided that I wanted to go all in with the Zoroark engine and not play any other tech cards or attackers. Ive been having some success with it on the latter lately on PTCGO up against most of the popular meta decks. If I can get a Turn 1 Bridgette and a dark energy on Type Null, I can usually take the win. It does struggle with Volcanion matchups and of course Gardevoir, since you cant hit for weakness. For those matchups I just pray my opponent will load their energy onto one pokemon and fill their bench up. Then I can come in with Silvally's GX attack for the OHKO. The Fighting type weakness is pretty rough sometimes, since all of our pokemon have it. But even with weakness, the Buzzwole matchup is actually pretty good. I am usually faster in setting up then a Buzzwole deck, and with Mallow / Trade and Skyla, I can grab the Psychic Memory and take out the Buzzwole before it casues to much damage.

If I was going to make any changes, I think I would want to add a third Bridgette. Maybe some Evo soda to help get Zoroark and Silvally up and running faster.

Great, sounds good! I don't know how the deck was 2 cards over, though I did do it manually (I copy/pasted your list and edited it, then counted it a few times). Actually, I don't remember going up to four Prof. Sycamore, so maybe that was a typo. I would do as you did and go down to two Sycamore, that seems to be the best option (I'll edit my earlier post to have two Sycamore). Anyways, I wish you luck, let me know how it goes for you and if you need anything else!
Sadly the tournament was cancelled, but I did get to go up against the Garbodor/Salazzle deck my friend was using and I did pretty well. I only bricked once against him when I drew into Lele and kept getting max elixirs, tools, and energy though. My list was just slightly different with one less field blower to use Zoroark since I didn't have Oranguru yet.

I was thinking about trying to swap out Zoroark for Oranguru and a XY - Evo Mewtwo to help against Buzzswole. Maybe even try out Lusamine some time?

Anyways the deck worked out pretty well, thanks for the help. <3
I think I'm gonna try and stick with Silvally GX and and electric deck even when I have to take out Raikou~

I was looking through EX pokemon still legal adn whadd'ya think about trying to use Dragonite EX instead of Mewtwo? :eek:
He doesn't hit for weakness, but he still resists figthing and has a nice ability

Last edited:
Back