• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Deviant LostGar Variant - Southern California Masters

Pokemunkulys

Pokebeach Veteran
23 Pokemon:
3 - 3 - 3 - 1 Gengar LV. X (Prime)
1 - 1 - 1 Metagross SV
2 Absol Prime TR*
2 Smeargle UD
1 - 1 Froslass AR
1 Spiritomb TR
1 - 1 Azelf LV. X LA
1 Uxie LA
2 Unown Q LA

26 Trainers, Supporters, and Stadiums
2 Miasma Valley*
3 Lost World
3 Broken Time Space
3 Rare Candy
4 Seeker
2 Judge
1 Luxury Ball
2 Bebe's Search
2 Pokemon Collector
1 TM Devoluter
1 Palmer's Contribution
2 Twins

11 Energy:
4 Rescue Energy
7 Psychic Energy

Strategy: Against most decks, get out Gengar Prime quickly and use his first attack, putting opponent's Pokemon into the lost zone, then when I've removed 6, place Lost World down. Spiritomb, Judge, and Seeker all help get Pokemon into their hand. Smeargle, Azelf, Unown Q, and Uxie are all support. Absol Prime helps early game, then when combined with Gengar Prime's Pokebody helps get more Pokemon into the Lost Zone, especially when none of my Spiritomb, etc. are available. Against other decks, like Gyarados, which can discard its Pokemon, and mirror match-up, I spread using Absol Prime's Pokebody and Gengar Prime's second attack, then Gengar LV. X's attack. With Gengar Prime's Pokebody, the spreading can still help towards winning with Lost Zone, but it is helpful against some decks where it is just not an option. Metagross' Pokebody is extremely useful, as it makes Pixies go down after two damage from Droplets or Absol Prime and a Compound, and Magikarp die directly from Absol or Droplets. TM Devoluter helps immensely against Gyarados, but is altogether useless against SP's, so I only run one. It can also be helpful against other decks, like any decks that run Rare Candy(I can Devolute one turn, then next turn Hurl into Darkness the Devoluted Pokemon if it was originally Rare Candied). Level Down can also be useful as disruption against any decks that run LV. X's, like activating my Pokebodies against Dialga G LV. X, decreasing damage output against Blaziken FB LV. X, disrupting setup against Uxie LV. X, and preventing 1HKO's against Absol G LV. X.

*One of these two.

Pokemunkulys said:
Deck building should be a discussion. What use is posting decks when all I'm planning on doing is either flatly ignoring or blindly following your advice? When I argue with your suggestions, it isn't because I disagree with them, but because the best way to optimize decks is to work together to find the best solutions we can find for the problem we have at hand. This is why the Forum model works so great for this type of thing.

RE: LostGar

Thanks...edited.

EDIT: Considering a 1 - 1 Espeon UD (Not Prime) for cheap, fast spreading. Thoughts?

RE: LostGar - Southern California Masters

Honestly I dislike the spread idea, no offense. mine is a mix of trainer lock and a mini sp absol g/x engine to counter other Gars..check my list if you want

mlouden03 said:
Honestly I dislike the spread idea, no offense. mine is a mix of trainer lock and a mini sp absol g/x engine to counter other Gars..check my list if you want
I have seen your list, it was a part of my LostGar research. I have decided that in my opinion, from what I have seen of other LostGars, that spread can be successful as an alternative strategy. Although, I don't remember any trainer lock in your deck, aside from two Spiritomb AR.

EDIT: In case of a Beldum start, I can Pit Search for a Lost World.

yeah..sorry should have said Minor t lock. I Do use spread as a possibility mid-late game..but not as a Rule..ya know

mlouden03 said:
yeah..sorry should have said Minor t lock. I Do use spread as a possibility mid-late game..but not as a Rule..ya know
Really the point of this deck is to be a LostGar with less bad match-ups than typical LostGar. Now Gyarados is not a very bad match-up against regular LostGar, but against this deck it's ridiculous. It can also do more against a constantly deafening Dialga G. I don't always need to spread; if you'll notice, only 5 or so cards in the deck are significantly less useful in a game in which I am running typical LostGar.

Why not tech a palkia g and lv. x??? it will definately keep your oponnent from putting pokemon on their bench, and it will lost cyclone pretty quickly?!

also, teching a solrock triumphant, so that you can spread continuously and your opponent wouldn't be able to heal

Hmm, why 2x Unown Q? Just the one is enough in my opinion.

And why would the Absol Prime have a synergy with Gengar Prime?? It's attack forces you tu put one of your OWN pokemon into lz, not your opponent's...

The absol is good so when your oponnent fills his bench, you just add 2 damage counters on each, and then, with gengar lv. x, you spread with compound pain....dont forget that gengar x has everything from his previous level....

also, for mirror matches, why not using azelf x??? people probs are going to tech absols...so it can be usefull

I forgot to mention the possibility of Froslass AR. It has many uses, like grabbing Lost Zone from the deck, as well as supporters like Seeker that can be devastating when used at the right time. Also, since I will constantly be Seekering the opponents' Pokemon, it will give me opportunities to take Froslass back into my hand, and use its Pokepower once again.

EDIT: Made some slight changes to the list.

EDIT #2:
ATS said:
And why would the Absol Prime have a synergy with Gengar Prime?? It's attack forces you tu put one of your OWN pokemon into lz, not your opponent's...

Like Deoxyschomp99 said, the Absol Prime is not used for its attack. If you'll notice, I run no Rainbow or Dark Energy.

I don't think Absol Prime works that well since it has to be active for it's pokebody to work.

I understand that Absol Prime's Pokebody requires Absol being active. Smeargle's Pokepower requires the same thing. They both have benefits, and their drawbacks are neutralized by the same thing: Unown Q. That's why I run two.

Yeah Smeargle has to be active but only active during your turn, then you can retreat him back before the end of your turn. With Absol, he has to be out there at the end of your turn for anything to happen soo if you arent using him to attack his use is going to run very dry very quickly

Good point. Any suggestions for more utilizations for Absol or better solutions to his role?

Miasma valley? Dose the same damage but affects your none psychic/grass pokemon too. It's a stadium so you would have to play it carefully since you play bts and lost world (it's not "lost zone" like you wrote ^^ ).

so if you want to try it then
- 2 absol prime
+ 2 miasma valley

and since you don't need to unown Q anymore take 1 out and put in + 1 azelf lv X (to take away weakness).

Something to think about...problems there are Absol Prime is searchable, Miasma Valley doesn't hit pixies, and I already play 6 Stadiums. I'll stick it in there. I am also going to change the name of Lost World (Whoops) and insert Froslass.

I have finally realized what bugs me so much about Miasma Valley. As a Lost World deck, I need to run Lost World (Naturally) to expedite (And enable) the strategy. Then why do I waste space with another stadium (Broken Time Space)? Because I need the speed. As such, I certainly can't afford to be dropping Miasma Valleys left and right when I am supposed to be setting up. Miasma Valley isn't searchable either, and has just as much if not less late-game value than Absol Prime.

I have finally realized what bugs me so much about Miasma Valley. As a Lost World deck, I need to run Lost World (Naturally) to expedite (And enable) the strategy. Then why do I waste space with another stadium (Broken Time Space)? Because I need the speed. As such, I certainly can't afford to be dropping Miasma Valleys left and right when I am supposed to be setting up. Miasma Valley isn't searchable either, and has just as much if not less late-game value than Absol Prime.
~Pokemunkulys
____________________________________________________________________________________
BTS is a very good option in a LostGar deck, in my opinion. Think about it, if you have BTS out, you can set up Gengar fatser without having to use Rare Candy and worry about being trainer-locked. Also, you DON'T want to have Lost World out until the turn you can win, anyway. That way, no one can get rid of the stadium, nor can they use it to their advantage until it's too late and you have won the game.
**and remember**
Have 4 twins in a LostGar deck. In a LostGar deck, the point is to get pokemon in the Lost Zont to win. If you follow that rule, you will always be losing on prizes in your games. That allows you to take advantage of Twins to search out anything in your deck, thus allowing you to win with an edge that no other competitive deck can work with, unless they are losing.

I see your point, and I realize the reason Twins is such a good idea in this deck. I already run two of them. What do you think I should remove to up the line?

Back