• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Deoxys-Based Plasma (Deoxys EX / Thundurus EX / Flareon PLF)

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
After leaving Yu-Gi-Oh a while ago, I really felt like coming over to the PTCG; it seemed so much more fun and balanced. I quickly developed a liking for Plasma and how much synergy the cards in the deck have. I also knew that Pyroar is a serious threat for the deck, and wanted to make my first deck one capable of dealing with it a bit easier, along with other threats in the likely upcoming PLS-On format. Here it is:

Pokemon: 16

• 4 Deoxys-EX
    2 Thundurus-EX
    3 Eevee PLF
    3 Flareon PLF
    2 Trubbish LTR
    2 Garbodor LTR
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30

• 3 N
    3 Professor Juniper
    2 Colress
    1 Lysandre

4 Team Plasma Ball
    4 Colress Machine
    3 Muscle Band
    3 Float Stone
    2 Switch
    1 Dowsing Machine
    1 Pal Pad
    1 Startling Megaphone
    2 Frozen City
Energy: 14

• 4 Psychic
    4 Rainbow
    4 Plasma
    2 Double Colorless

Strategy:
Garbodor may seem strange in this deck, but since the only card with an ability is Deoxys, it is much easier to pull off. With Garbotoxin up, Helix Force easily OHKOs Pyroar, but it also hits Mewtwo Ex and Charizard Ex, the deck's usual partners very heavily. Helix Force in general just hits anything that wants to build up lots of energy (Lugia, Keldeo, Rain Dance decks, etc.) quite hard, and will work well against upcoming Rising Fist decks, hitting them for weakness.

The rest of the Pokemon are for coverage: Thundurus hits the aforementioned Lugia for weakness, as well as Yveltal while accelerating energy. Flareon helps immensely against Virizion/Genesect and cleans up whatever Deoxys left behind.

Garbodor has some strategy to it: against Pyroar and opposing Plasma, you want to get Garbotoxin working as quickly as possble, using all tools necessary. However, against Yveltal and VirGen, you can ignore it in order to power up Thundurus and Flareon with Power Connect to deal as much damage as possible. Garbotoxin also obviously helps in the Aromatisse and Rain Dance matchups, but whether Rain Dance remains viable with the possible rotation of Level Ball, Heavy Ball and Tropical Beach is in question.

There it is. Making space for things was rather difficult, 6 tools may not be enough but given that Garbodor isn't needed in every matchup I assumed that it would hopefully suffice. Other weird things were having 2 DCE instead of 3, but I had no idea what to take out to make it work, so I assumed I would simply use a Colress Machine and a manual attach to get it going in case I need to go through 3 Flareon.

Anyways, I would appreciate any suggestions or criticism you have. Thanks for reading.

RE: Deoxys-Based Plasma (Deoxys-EX/Thundurus-EX/Flareon PLF)

I would say if you are against Pyroar throw up your Thundurus once you get Garbodor out. He is the better attacker. Garbodor is a very ballsy pick, but at least you know what you are going to be doing with it.

RE: Deoxys-Based Plasma (Deoxys-EX/Thundurus-EX/Flareon PLF)

It was a tough choice, but it's really either Garbodor, or a gimmicky pick like Glaceon or Umbreon for a Pyroar counter. Those two Eeveelutions just simply take a while to power up, whereas with Garbotoxin I can just use Deoxys or Thundurus who can attack the moment I get them up thanks to easy energy costs.

I currently use Vaporeon which only needs WC energy (and 3 benched Deoxys EX) to 1HKO a Pyroar. I chose this particular Eeveelution since it inflicts additional damage if the defending Pokémon is an EX.

Also, you may want to consider adding a few (1-2) Ultra Balls in order to search for your Eevees.

I've also found Shadow Triad to be very useful in my Team Plasma decks.

Lastly, consider adding a Tool Retriever in order to remove a Tool from your Garbodor when you need to.

Back