BW/BW2 Denchura as Ariados' Evolution

swimfastray

This right here is my Pretty Boy Swag
oha-suta-new-pokemon-1.jpg

I think Denchura might be an Ariados evolution because it has four legs with sharply-pointed feet, two parts protruding from it's behind, and a similar color scheme.

Serebii.net shows another good screenshot of Denchura.

Hmmm...

This is true. Denchura may be an intesting evo for Ariados. We'll have to wait and see.

I don't think so. The type difference and the colors lead me to believe it won't be any kind of Aridos evolution.

Denchura's name sorta gives them away, if you read the front page. It's name is Electric Tarantula, so it's probably Bug/Electric or something similar.

Oh thank you for pointing that out, however translations can be misleading a lot of the time. Remember when everyone thought Crocodune had the ability Earthquake Spiral (which makes no sense) but it turned out to be Overconfidence? And Zekrom's ability Teravoltage was misinterpreted as Terra Voltage. There is probably an alternative meaning for Denchura that could have something to do with poison.

@peetzaman

Spinarak and Ariados are very differently colored so Denchura could also have different colors.

I don't want it to be Ariados' evo, and I honestly don't think it is.
peetzaman said:
I don't think so. The type difference and the colors lead me to believe it won't be any kind of Aridos evolution.
Because of that.

I really don't think so. I think it's a separate pokemon all together.

It's like seeing a picture of Octillery and thinking it's a Tentalcool split evolution. Really.. just because it looks like a similar pokemon because of the animal it's based on doesn't mean they are in the same evolution line.

Well assuming it is Electric type, I can really only see two partner types with it. (Bug and Poison)
Now I hope it would be Bug because I really don't want a 4x weakness to Ground...

swimfastray said:
@peetzaman

Spinarak and Ariados are very differently colored so Denchura could also have different colors.
That's a good point, I guess I hadn't thought about that.

Lemme say that there are plenty of pokemon that change one type as they evolve:

Onix > Steelix
Scyther > Scizor
Pupitar > Tyranitar
Surskit > Masquerain

the list goes on! I'm just proving that even if Denchura is Electric it could still be an evo of Ariados

Look we can make a safe bet that Denchura will be part electric type due to its name, and Ariados's pokedex entries make no reference towards electric things so it's probably not going to be a relation.

Some pokemon look similar. I said this yesterday, but hell Torterra could be a evo of Torkoal for all I care. So I say no, Denchura & Ariados are not evos.

King Kingdra said:
Torterra could be a evo of Torkoal

That's very different than what we are talking about. Denchura is most likely a primary Bug-type, therefore it would have at least one type in common with Ariados. Torkoal and Torterra have no types in common.

swimfastray said:
That's very different then what we are talking about. Denchura is most likely a primary Bug-type, therefore it would have at least one type in common with Ariados. Torkoal and Torterra have no types in common.

Well my point is that alot of people feel like since they are both spiders that they have to be evos. And i'm saying we have pokemon that are both turtles/mice/birds but they aren't evos of eachother. Not talking about typing, talking about first impressions "they both look like spiders OMGZ they are evos"

swimfastray said:
I think Denchura might be an Ariados evolution because it has four legs with sharply-pointed feet, two parts protruding from it's behind, and a similar color scheme.

I'm not just saying they're both spiders. I'm saying they have very similar appearances. VERY similar!

swimfastray said:
I'm not just saying they're both spiders. I'm saying they have very similar appearances. VERY similar!

Oh definitly, they have an extremely similar body structure however different colorations. They could be, but. time will tell

Yeah, there is a possibility that it might be an evo for ariados, all spidey and stuff. But in my opinion it could very likely be a completely new pokemon, we already have a couple pokemons that look like bees and butterflies, but only one spider. So it would make sense to get another one with some cool typings. =/
And like i said in another thread, i'm probably the only one who thinks it Looks like an evolution for dunsparce lol, similiar colors, but from normal-type landsnake to an (possibly) electric tarantula? In my dreams. :p

But yeah, like King Kingdra and others said, time will tell.

Back