• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Delphiox BREAK / M Mewtwo EX

Micajah

Mewtwo is the best...don't lie to yourself
I'm working on a Delphox BREAK deck for standard. I was thinking about its match ups and realized toad would blow this deck out of the water (pun unintended). So I'm wondering, would playing DCE + Mega Mewtwo Y be a good option? It can put a lot of pressure on toads and it would OHKO a giritna EX. Also you put a bunch of energy on it to power up psycho storm.

Here is my idea for a list:

Pokémon:
  • x4 Fennikin (Does not matter which one.)
  • x2 Braxien (Again doesn't matter)
  • x3 Delphox XY10
  • x1 Delphox XY1
  • x3 Delphox Break
  • x2 Shaymin EX
  • x2 Mewtwo EX (photon wave)
  • x2 M Mewtwo Y
  • x1 Delphox EX or x1 Entei (no trait)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • x3 Professer Sycamore
  • x2 N
  • x2 Lysander
  • x2 Blacksmith
  • x1 Xerosic
  • x2 Bridgette

• x4 VS Seeker
  • x2 Battle Compresser
  • x3 Rare Candy
  • x4 Ultra Ball
  • x1 Level Ball
  • x2 Mewtwo Spirt Link
  • x1 Professer's Letter
Energy:
  • x7 Fire Energy
  • x4 DCE
Strategy:

If you guys have better ideas pls comment. I would like to make this at least semi-competeive.

If you wanna use an ex. I would suggest a big basic. Either Lugia or charizard. Mewtwo mega makes it more clunky

Actually at my leauge i Saw Someone Playing Delphox BREAK with Flareon Ex (Generations) and Theta Entei and it seemed to work good.

I wouldn't use M Mewtwo-EX, it makes the deck more clunky. Maybe try Luigia-EX or Flareon-EX for the same effect. Also, Flareon-EX can move around your Fire Energies, which could come in handy. Also, Scorched Earth and Fiery Torch might help with drawing and getting Energy in the discard for Blaclsmith. (Not that you won't have a hard time getting Energy in the discard.)

Another evolution line does not work well in Delphox decks. Would run a tech Lugia Ex if you are that concerned about the Seismitoad match. That also leaves more room for consistency cards to ensure a turn two Delphox to act as a permanent Shaymin Ex.

@Micajah

Some good Fire-type partners to consider straight away:
  • Charizard-EX (FLF #12)
  • Delphox-EX
  • Flareon-EX
  • Delphox (XY #26)
  • Entei (AOR #14)
  • Entei (AOR #15)
  • Team Magma's Camerupt
This might be the only deck where Delphox-EX finds a niche! It's second attack, Wonder Flare, does 80 damage plus 40 more damage for each Energy card in your opponent's hand. This could work in a Delphox (FAC) deck, where your opponent will be reluctant to put Energy into play at the risk of powering up your Psystorm.

Team Magma's Camerupt is good in theory, as it adds more Energy to the board each turn, but bear in mind the conflict with Delphox BREAK (taking Energy from the discard pile as opposed to the deck). Furthermore, running another evolution line seems a bit clunky.

Also, in regards to your Delphox line, make sure that you are using the best Fennekin and Braixen cards. It may not seem important at first but the little details do add up! In my mind, the best Fennekin card is #10 from Fates Collide. It has 60 HP (joint highest with the one from the XY Starter Set), has a damaging attack that can be used for one Energy and, importantly, has a decent second attack for [C][C] - if you're in a tough patch, a lucky flip on Tail Whip could buy you some time (in the same way Froakie sometimes finds itself using Bubble in Greninja decks).

As for Braixen, the choice is a bit harder to make as they all have the same HP, weakness, resistance and retreat cost. However, two stand out - Braixen XY and Braixen FAC - due to their first attacks. Braixen XY's first attack has the same effect as a single Puzzle of Time, letting you look at and rearrange the top 3 cards of your deck - very useful if you're in top deck mode. Braixen FAC hits 20 damage for a single Fire Energy and discards an Energy from your opponent's active on a heads - this could be a lifesaver against Seismitoad.

Last edited:
@Micajah

Team Magma's Camerupt is good in theory, as it adds more Energy to the board each turn, but bear in mind the conflict with Delphox BREAK (taking Energy from the discard pile as opposed to the deck). Furthermore, running another evolution line seems a bit clunky.

I agree with the rest of your post except for this bit. TMC aand Delphox Break don't conflict with each other. Taking energy out of your deck doesn't prevent you from taking energy out of your discard, and vice versa. Though if TMC is run, a slightly higher than normal basic energy count, along with some energy based draw like Scorched Earth and maybe even Fiery Torch would probably be recommended.

I agree with the rest of your post except for this bit. TMC aand Delphox Break don't conflict with each other. Taking energy out of your deck doesn't prevent you from taking energy out of your discard, and vice versa. Though if TMC is run, a slightly higher than normal basic energy count, along with some energy based draw like Scorched Earth and maybe even Fiery Torch would probably be recommended.

Point taken, though maybe I just worded it badly; what I was trying to say was "don't Battle Compressor all of your Energy away for Blacksmith/Team Magma's Camerupt if you've got Delphox BREAK in play".

You're right though, if you play an extra high count of Energy (which you would want to do in a deck like this anyway) you could probably get the best from both Energy streams. Though I do stand by the comment about multiple evolution lines.

Back