"Deformed" Avatars

Flygon Jedi Master

May get back into the TCG
Just how many shops of those poorly drawn avatars are there gonna be? Noobnerd really started the craze, and I personally don't really like this new style.

These are all of the shops that draw these ugly things;

Noobnerd's Fabulous Avatars
Dark Marc and Lickilicky_Guy's Saliva shop of wonderful avi's
MetaShop: Hand Drawn Avvys
infmach´s and ShadowLugia´s deformed avatars

...and other shops are doing it as well, but I'm not going to through everything.

Why do you all like these "deformed" avvies? I understood it when everyone wanted an Xous avatar, because Xous is a good drawer, but now you all want something that was made poorly deliberately?

It doesn't make sense. If I wanted an avvy that looked like crud, I would draw it myself. I prefer avatars with quality images, from renders or Xous, with nice backgrounds and effects.

What do you people prefer?

And why are hand drawns so great?

I love deformation, because is funny, and epic.You, are an artist, you get to like things that are not funny, in deformed way.

I personally are getting annoyed with it. You want to try and put your best effort into art, not copy off of NN's avis and start making crappy pictures just because it's funny. I'm fine with a couple shops, but not 5+ -_-

Hand drawn is always great(unless people sucks at drawing, then its another case), because basic renders all come down from sketches :)

Like what the mods used to say, ignore them and it will go downs. I think its just a trend that comes and goes, so I don't think there would be a big impact.

What, you think that people seriously think that the bad art is GOOD? lol

People use the bad MS Paint versions because it's funny. Yes, you can draw good pictures in MS Paint, but that's not really the point. If the people using the bad versions wanted a GOOD picture of whatever it is they have an avatar of, they would not go to Noobnerd or whoever does the silly hand-drawn MS Paint stuff. They do it because it's funny. No other reason.

I prefer the good stuff. S'why I haven't gone anywhere asking for a dumb image I could probably draw worse myself.

I think they are terrible. I did notice, though, that it got a lot of business.So I thought "Hey, if people like hand-drawn avatars so much (even if they are poorly done), why wouldn't people like well done hand-drawn avatars?" So I decided to put hand-drawn avatars in my shop, only I try to do them well, with a few exceptions. Sometimes I like making them look goofy, but aside from that, I try to make 'em good.

My sig's sort of a rip-off of the ripoffs-except I made it back when NN was the only one doing that "style". It was enevitable-a mod did it so everyone else does it. Peer pressure children, destroying the quality of our artwork.

Wow you guys take this too seriously. It's just a silly fad. Of course they are terrible: that's the point, and that's what makes them funny.

However... I do agree that there are too many of these shops. It's the fan creations forum, guys; it's all about originality. :p

Lol this happens all the time, somebody gets an idea and several others like to copy it.

But I too am simply AMAZED that so many people actually like these, they look noobish, weird, and too easy to make.

But I do like hand-drawn stuff, that actually takes some time and effort to make, whereas MS paint drawn stuff is absolutely junk.

Too bad people stopped working harder on their avi's =\

NN's art is original. You can't copy an original >_>. NN's art is fine because it's funny. It's sorta its own style. I think he calls it, "5 year old style" ;P

NN's shop is fine as long as people don't copy it, which they have ._.

Back