Discussion Deck Ideas for Steam Seige Ampharos

Cowcite

Aspiring Trainer
I was looking through the cards for steam siege and i saw that the Ampharos looked really interesting. Does anyone have any fun deck ideas that could include this card in it? I'm not that familar with good cards but I know that Ampharos will probably not be a main attacker. Thanks!

Ampharos – Lightning – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Flaaffy

Ability: Shocking Light
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon-EX and put 3 damage counters on it.

[L][L][C] Giga Bolt: 80+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 40 more damage. If tails, your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 2

Moved from the Deck Garage to the TCG Competitive as the Deck Garage is for getting feedback on 60-card decklists. ~bbninjas

This more of an "annoyer" deck idea, but I can definitely see someone using a combination of Fates Collide Mew and Steam Siege Meowth. They'll go second and continue to spam Meowth's Stall while also having millers included as techs. Sure, it autolosses against Greninja and decks with Energy Keeper Carbink, but if you can avoid both, your opponent is going to be frustrated.

You know what, I bet you that someone at Worlds is going to have the gall to run Meowth with Garbodor and a full playset of Trick Shovels and PoT's just to get everyone's goat.

Last edited:
I love Ampharos. I could see it working with Basic Manectric. Assault Laser+Muscle Band+Amphoros=170. The same could work with Sceptile to hit 180 or 170 with a Belt, although it is weak to fire, which is bad with the new set. It can work with pretty much everything that does 120+

I guess Ampharos could serve as a decent partner for BREAKthrough / Generations Gengar in place of Crobat?

Greninja XY probably serves as a better replacement partner, but after rotation when they're both gone Ampharos could step into the spotlight. Talking particularly about 2017, the loss of Trevenant XY and Seismitoad EX could make the Rare Candy play much easier, although the "OH MY GOD GARBODOR IS GOING TO RUIN OUR LIVES!" clearly applies too as an obstacle, as well as the fact it's useless against non-EX decks...

But honestly, whilst everyone else is freaking the heck out about how to deal with the rise in those 210+HP Megas, and you're just like "Shocking Light + Creep Show = HAHAHAHAAHAH!" That sounds like too much fun to not try (and I think I just might).

Hex Maniac will still exist and getting multiple Ampharos in play might take a while. My best advice would be to run a solely disruption-based deck...maybe with Wobbuffet?

This more of an "annoyer" deck idea, but I can definitely see someone using a combination of Fates Collide Mew and Steam Siege Meowth. They'll go second and continue to spam Meowth's Stall while also having millers included as techs. Sure, it autolosses against Greninja and decks with Energy Keeper Carbink, but if you can avoid both, your opponent is going to be frustrated.

You know what, I bet you that someone at Worlds is going to have the gall to run Meowth with Garbodor and a full playset of Trick Shovels and PoT's just to get everyone's goat.
Umm... What does this have to do with Steam Siege Ampharos?

Back