• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Deck Idea #1: Eerie Pulse (Chandegross variant)

Ahiro

Aspiring Trainer
Hi!

Here I am with my first deck idea of this week: a Chandegross deck!

Pokémon:
4-2-4 Chandelure NV (with Teleportation Burst Litwick)
2-2-2 Metagross UL
2-2 Mismagius UL
2 Cleffa GS
Total: 22

Item/Supporter/Stadium:
3 Junk Arm
3 Pokémon Collector
4 Pokémon Communication
4 PONT
4 Rare Candy
4 Switch
3 Pokemon Catcher
Total: 25

Energies:
10 {P}
3 Rescue Energy
Total: 13

Strategy:
Build as many Chandelure as possible, plus one Metagross and Mismagius. With free retreat cost (Metagross' pokebody) and switch, you can put 6 damage counters, plus Chandelure's Eerie Glow (50 + burn + confussion) or Metagross's Double Leg Hammer for continue sniping (or psychic pulse for 60 damage). Metagross doesn't only work for free retreat cost, it is also a main attacker if you're playing against a dark type deck. Mismagius works for moving psychic energies, for free retreat or powering a new chandelure if the active has few hp remaining.

I've testing the deck and it is very good. But maybe it can be better! What do you guys think? Any critic/suggestion would be appreciated!

You can,

-0-1-0 Metagross
-0-2-0 Chandelure
-3 Dunsparce
-1 DCE
-1 Psychic
-1 Rescue

total: -9

+1-0-1 Metagross
+2 Jharachi
+2 Twins
+2 N
+1 Cleffa

I'm gonna say this is going to work better to keep a metagross on the field, give you better draw and search power, and take easy prizes from devolving opponents pokemon.

A side note, Chandelure doesn't have free Retreat:
images

Maybe you could add in a 2-2 line of Dodrio UD so it does?

Metagross lets Chandy retreat for free if it has energy on it, so Dodrio isn't really necessary.

Would probably tech in a Shaymin or energy switch though. Metagross is straight up catcher bait, and to retreat him for free he will need an energy on him, which will become useless once he's back to just sitting on your bench while Chandy is spreading.

@Broken Pokemon EX yeah, i thought the idea of shaymin (or maybe mismagius) i need to make the changes, i was going to test this deck today

If I were you I'd drop the Metagross and switch it with a Dodrio line. Metagross would take too long to set up along with the Chandelure. Dodrio are only Stage 1, so you dont need to waste a Rare Candy. Also, maybe put in 1 to 2 Cleffa just to help with Pokémon Communication and to help get you set up with cards.

@Akamu54 the idea of metagross is to also be a 2nd attacker. it helped me a lot of times when chandelure didn't had the enough energy for attack, so you can do the chandelure ability, then switch (or retreat) and then attack with metagross

@EonEye99 ill keep in mind the defender idea :)

i find very useful in this deck mismagius. even with its low hp, you can switch the psychic energies, plus a decent attack (30 and 10 damage to every opponent pokemon that has damage counters). what do you think?

thanks a lot for the help!

I ran Mismagius in my Gothitelle deck (which seems like forever ago) and I couldn't have been more pleased. It really helps when you know you're going to be knocked out to have another one set up immediately afterward. Honestly though I can't see the Dunsparce working out very well. It's way to easy of a prize and it doesn't even offer the possibility of a stall like the babies do. Minty88 does offer some really good suggestions: There would be almost no reason not to run Jirachi in this deck, especially with the amount of Magnezones and other stage twos we have running around. How has it been testing? And do you really think 17 energy is necessary?

metagross advantage over Dodrio is a simple one, metagross can use its pokebody itself, it also carries nice 130 hp and can contribute to the spread. Id suggest running tropical beach if able, its leet in this deck early on. also i dont believe double colorless is worth it id replace it with a tech or some catchers.can maybe add 1 junkarm and 1 catcher. Ill will also say only use metagross attack when your ahead, or going in for the win.

@jesusaintnodj ive been testing this deck since one week ago. the deck works fine, but i know it can be better. i was thinking for droping the dunsparce line, since it isnt very helpful at all, and add mismagius on it. adding mismagius ill drop the DCE, since they are in the deck for metagross. rescue energies saved me a lot of times, and i fell almost necessary have that amount of psychic energies.

@JayKam i dont have tropical beach (in fact, i thought that card was banned...). and ill replace dunsparce for mismagius, so ill drop the DCEs for some catchers :)

Im going to test this soon however even with 4 PONT I still feel like this lacks draw power now. Maybe drop 1 lampent* and add 1 cleffa?

@TFP i dont see any lanturn, maybe lampent? xD I also thought of cleffa, ill test it later

BUMP and UPDATED DECKLIST

-2 Lampent
+2 Cleffa

for a better draw. nevermind, i'm having some problems with ZPST... any suggestion? (i'll test it again)

Back