• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Deck experimentation

varit

kanto region digintary
Shortly after making this decklist I though, F I should have done this with terrakions and groudon's.

2 tornadus
2 tornadus EX
1 mewtwo EX
3 vullaby DE (optional)
2 sableye DE

4 DCE
7 Dark energy

1 catcher
4 energy switch
4 dark patch
4 ultra ball
4 N
3 cilan
3 RR
2 super rod
3 level ball/com, idk
2 exp share
3 enhanced/crushing hammer
3 switch
3 skyarrow

The whole deck is very shaky but the idea is to use dark patch with energy switch to basically get tornadus to deal first turn 100 or 80 or do the same amount of damage with mewtwo.

That's actually a really good idea. I think I'd use Darkrai instead of Vullaby just because more HP and Night Spear (and free retreat). If you add Darkrai, you could probably drop some of the Switches and Skyarrows to make room for more Catchers. Without Junk Arm, most decks should run four. Also, to help you get more energies in the discard, I'd take out the Cilans and a Super Rod for 4 Junipers. One Super Rod should be enough.

The point of this engine is to make the darkrai engine universal, not just get stuck into one fixed idea. Also the cilans are for the ultra ball for precise discarding..

I'm not sure what you meant by that, but I suggested Darkrai because the Vullaby shouldn't matter just so long as you have a {D} Pokemon, right? As for the Cilan, I didn't think of that, but I'd still take it out since you can usually get enough for a Dark Patch in the discard with Juniper. Not to mention the new hand. Juniper should be a staple in just about every deck. Just my two cents.

Please update the title of this thread with the main Pokemon in your deck within the next three days. Thank you.

~ [mod]Nigel[/mod]

I agree with Mora, Vullaby is not nearly as good as darkrai would be in this deck,since darkrai gives room for catchers and Vullaby is a low hp basic with a pretty bad attack, but otherwise the deck seems great :D.

finally someone who realizes the great cilan ultraball synergy! what exactly is the vullaby in here for?

Back