• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Decidueye x Venusaur

Adrien von Ardel

Aspiring Trainer
As a fan of paralysis as a status and Venusaur being a solid mon, I figured it'd be nice to be able to use him reliably in a deck. I was a bit uncertain at first because of his huge energy costs but I figured with the use of some max elixir's and mega turbo's it shouldn't be too hard to charge him up. I have seen one other deck use him but in an attempt to brainstorm a way to make him as reliable as possible I figured pairing him up with Decidueye would allow him to potentially perma paralysis lock the opponent without even giving them the chance to hit back if they don't have escapes. This is made possible because depending on the health totals of the enemies mons and the amounts of Decidueyes you have up, two rotations of of Decidueye damage plus one attack could leave the enemy dead on your turn and free to punch the new mon they have to throw out and paralysis that without even giving them the chance to strike back. I'm not certain on the numbers for everything or if Decidueye is really worth messing with in combination with Venusaur, but here's what I came up with.

Pokemon: 20
2x Shaymin
4x Rowlet
4x Dartrix
4x Decidueye GX
3x Venusaur EX
3x M Venusaur EX

Trainer: 30
4x Max Elixir
3x Mega Turbo
4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
3x Forest of Giant Plants
2x M Venusaur Spirit Link
3x Professor Sycamore
3x N
1x Olympia
1x Switch
1x Escape Rope
1x Lysandre

Energy: 10
10x Grass

I don't feel Decidueye is really worth the time to set up given the fact that it's likely gonna be very difficult to set up 4 on the bench. I'd recommend using wobbuffet (my apologies if I spelled that wrong) from generations with a float stone to shut down abilities and give you time to set up a mega Venusaur. I'd also recommend adding 3-4 t-mail (trainer's mail) for consistency and adding one more spirit link. Hope this helped!

Back