• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard decidueye GX/Lurantis GX?

Demosthenes1

Aspiring Trainer
hello Deck Garage, this is my first submission on this site as a whole, and id like to submit my decidueye GX/Lurantis GX decklist. I have been looking for a good heavy hitting attacker to go with Decidueye. I have considered mega sceptile and even mega audino, yet this is probably the most consistent list i have come up with. All help is greatly appreciated!

Pokemon (20)
4 rowlet (SM)
4 dartrix (SM)
4 decidueye GX (SM)
3 fomantis (SM)
3 Lurantis GX (SM)
2 shaymin EX (ROS)

Items (20)
4 ultra ball
2 timer ball
2 level ball
4 trainers mail
4 VS seeker
1 escape rope
1 revitaliser
2 float stone

Supporters (9)
3 ilima/N (SM/FAC)
3 professor sycamore
1 lysandre
1 hex maniac
1 Pokemon ranger

Stadiums (4)
4 forest of giant plants (AOR)

Energy (7)
7 grass energy

EDIT: Appears I submitted this post as a thread, not as a post. Hope I still get some suggestions!

Last edited:
Have you considered Devolution spray to use Feather arrow more than once per pokemon per turn

Have you considered Devolution spray to use Feather arrow more than once per pokemon per turn

Yes, I have considered it. I have been considering espeon GX more atm rather than Lurantis, and with espeon devolution spray works better, so ill most likely utilize it. If i were to put it in the deck, id probably run a full 4 unless you think otherwise?

I have a couple ideas that I've been playing around with. One is that I'd much prefer N to Ilima just cause, with Decidueye in particular, you really need those Rowlet/Dartrix parts early, and you don't want to be stuck with a bad coin flip. One thing I've played with is running 2 N, and 1 Lillie. Lillie is neat if you get it turn one while cycling through cards, and is later-game Shaymin if you've already played them. As far as your deck list, I'd try and fit in a couple Weakness Policy, since you are just bodied by Volcanion, and that at least gives you a chance. I'm not sure what could be dropped for that though; maybe the Trainer's Mail? That would also allow you to run a 4th Sycamore, and leaves one slot open for another tech of some sort. I've pondered using Delinquent to kill off opposing stadiums, or to just use Forest against them once your "garden is grown" on the bench. I don't think you have enough room for Devolution Spray, unless you wanted to do that over TMail instead.

That's my 2 cents. Hope I helped!

Vileplume would seem to fit in this deck, maybe replacing the timer balls and Pokémon ranger with a 1-1-1 line of vileplume would work?

I actually think you have the evolutionary focus backwards for this deck. I think Decidueye is the complementary piece in this deck rather than the focus. Ultimately, I think Lurantis GX will be the card that you want out front ASAP and will win your games for you while Decidueye plays the "back up tank / sniper" role.

I think this makes sense:
-1 Rowlet
-1 Datrix
-1 Decidueye

+1 Fomantis
+1 Lurantis GX
+1 Beedrill EX (effective in negating Garbodor).

I also agree with Seth Vilo regarding N. I think Ilima is a disaster waiting to happen for you and will lose you just as many games as it wins you.

I actually think you have the evolutionary focus backwards for this deck. I think Decidueye is the complementary piece in this deck rather than the focus. Ultimately, I think Lurantis GX will be the card that you want out front ASAP and will win your games for you while Decidueye plays the "back up tank / sniper" role.

I think this makes sense:
-1 Rowlet
-1 Datrix
-1 Decidueye

+1 Fomantis
+1 Lurantis GX
+1 Beedrill EX (effective in negating Garbodor).

I also agree with Seth Vilo regarding N. I think Ilima is a disaster waiting to happen for you and will lose you just as many games as it wins you.

Thank you for the suggestion, ill most likely end up down to a 3-3-3 decidueye line. However, I've been thinking of some new combos for decidueye. Theyre almost all stage ones, some grass some not. Id love anyones thoughts on which would be best?

1. Mega tyranitar-mega alakazam but much, much higher numbers.
2. Mega alakazam-faster than mega tyranitar, and the ability on alakazam is nice.
3. Espeon GX-nice GX attack, high damage attacks as well
4. Umbreon GX-Helps with bench sniping
5. BKT/GEN Gengar- use decidueyes ability and clean up with gengar
6. (new) Golisopod Promo- 150 against EX's and GX's for two attachments is good for a one-prize attacker, especially with FOGP
7. (new) Tapu bulu GX?
8. (new) Tapu Koko (non-GX)?

EDIT: some other ideas i was thinking of included:
Mega audino- great for bench sniping and serves the same purpose as umbreon GX, albeit somewhat slower.
Mega sceptile- huge healing

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestion, ill most likely end up down to a 3-3-3 decidueye line. However, I've been thinking of some new combos for decidueye. Theyre almost all stage ones, some grass some not. Id love anyones thoughts on which would be best?

1. Mega tyranitar-mega alakazam but much, much higher numbers.
2. Mega alakazam-faster than mega tyranitar, and the ability on alakazam is nice.
3. Espeon GX-nice GX attack, high damage attacks as well
4. Umbreon GX-Helps with bench sniping
5. BKT/GEN Gengar- use decidueyes ability and clean up with gengar
6. (new) Golisopod Promo- 150 against EX's and GX's for two attachments is good for a one-prize attacker, especially with FOGP
7. (new) Tapu bulu GX?
8. (new) Tapu Koko (non-GX)?
Thinking about it, Umbreon could be a fun one to try out. Lots of these are evolution cards, as well as 2-prize attackers, but maybe 4 Dark Energy, 4 DCE, and 4 Rainbow might be fun with a 2-2 Umbreon line. Strafe into a full health, no energy, Float Stone Decidueye to tank, switch out and use a Max Potion, and continue the madness. Might be fun to try out.

Thinking about it, Umbreon could be a fun one to try out. Lots of these are evolution cards, as well as 2-prize attackers, but maybe 4 Dark Energy, 4 DCE, and 4 Rainbow might be fun with a 2-2 Umbreon line. Strafe into a full health, no energy, Float Stone Decidueye to tank, switch out and use a Max Potion, and continue the madness. Might be fun to try out.

Would mega audino be too clunky, even though it serves the same purpose?

Would mega audino be too clunky, even though it serves the same purpose?
Just giving quick thought to it, I would think so. Mainly because with Umbreon, it's just a 2-2 line. With Mega Audino, you run the possible 2-2 again, as well as any Spirit Links, which adds another 3 or 4 cards. It also necessitates the use of Supporters, meaning if you draw dead or the opponent has you in some kind of lockdown, it's just the main damage. It also doesn't have the mobility Umbreon has with Strafe to be able to do some damage and let Decid tank it, Max Potioning the turn after. I think Umbreon-Decid is niche as is, and Audino is even clunkier than that.

Just giving quick thought to it, I would think so. Mainly because with Umbreon, it's just a 2-2 line. With Mega Audino, you run the possible 2-2 again, as well as any Spirit Links, which adds another 3 or 4 cards. It also necessitates the use of Supporters, meaning if you draw dead or the opponent has you in some kind of lockdown, it's just the main damage. It also doesn't have the mobility Umbreon has with Strafe to be able to do some damage and let Decid tank it, Max Potioning the turn after. I think Umbreon-Decid is niche as is, and Audino is even clunkier than that.

now heres a bit of an extravagent idea I had today whilst thinking about the deck. Turtonator GX-now obviously there isnt much synergy but here me out. Turtonator GX hits for 20 for a dce, and if attacked on the next turn, places 8 dmg counters on the defending pokemon. Combo that with bursting balloons, and i have a strong attacker that makes my opponent wary to attack- is this strategy right for decidueye? Grass or fire energy? i dont know but its a rudimentary idea.

I think it can work, but you can pair turtonator gx with vileplume to stop opponents vs seekering ranger to remove the effect. Chances are it works as well as vileplume box. Maybe not as well in certain cases. It still can be a fun deck though

Back