• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai/Zoroark For Cities

La_displuke

Pizza enthusiast
Pokemon

3 Darkrai
4 Zoroak
4 Zorua
2 Sableye
1 Mewtwo

Item

3 Ultra ball 2 Communication
2 Evolite 1 Superod
4 Catcher 3 Dark patch
2 Switch 3 Dark claw
3 potion 1 Energy search

Supporters

4 N
4 Cheren
2 Skyla

Energy

12 Dark

The deck seems to work really well when it does. The Zoroaks with brutal bash, dark patch and a full bench of Pokemon does really well as does Darkrai. The sableye do alright but I havent quite worked out how to play them properly yet. Im wanting to get the deck ready for Battle Roads but the problem is consistency! When im having a bad run, I have a REALLY bad run and I havent been playing long enough to understand how to stop that.

Any help would be great guys.
Thanks alot :)

RE: Help me with my deck.

I think you forgot to post Energies :p

Anyway, for what I see... I think a 4th Dark Patch would work wonders, since it is a Dark Pokemon deck. Also, I think you can drop Switch since your Pokemon are going to have free retreat cost and add in a 4th Ultra Ball and the 4th Dark Patch.

It looks really good though.

LOL my bad. There are 12 dark energy.

Ok I will have a run of no switch and more ultra and dark patch.

Its just so inconsistent! I Need something to make me draw what I need which is Darkrai, Energy and dark claw!

-1 Energy Search, 12 Energy is enough
-1 Cheren, Put in some Junipers instead
-1 Super Rod, not really needed outside of a Stage 2 deck
-2 Switch, Darkrai gets stuff moving
-1 Dark Claw, 4 tools is more than enough
-2 Pokemon Communication

+4 Professor Juniper, new hands are great, plus you can discard Dark Energy
+1 Sableye, you'll want them a lot more
+3 Energy Switch, Energy Switch is great because you get the energy moving, and the retreating happening.

Im thinking of trying to fit in a Hydreigon or so for their trance ability?

Thoughts on that or should I just use the energy switch for that?

La_displuke said:
Im thinking of trying to fit in a Hydreigon or so for their trance ability?

Thoughts on that or should I just use the energy switch for that?

Just use Energy switch. Hydreigon takes s much space and need lots of cards to make it consistent.

Could you specify what Zoroarks you are using?

You should run 4 Double Colorless Energy, since it can set up Zoroark turn 2 with a full bench to hit for 120 while still using your first turn for a manual attachment on something else like Darkrai.

Wishwreath said:
Could you specify what Zoroarks you are using?

This. Make sure to specify which sets the cards are from as there are a lot of different Zoruas/Zoroarks.

Also please don't forget to edit your thread title to include the main Pokemon in the title. Thanks.

dmaster out.

Im using 4 Brutal Bash/Dark Rush Zoroak but as soon as I can there will be one of the Foul Play ones in there.

The DCE would be good but Zorua still needs one dark energy to use Ascention anyway, thats why I never put the m in there and because they cant be dark patched out of my discard when Zoroak dies which happens alot because of only 100 HP.

Will change thread name right now :)

RE: Help me with my deck. Darkrai/Zoroak.

I think it's ridiculous not to run 4 DCE with Zoroark, especially considering you have Mewtwo EX in your deck...... but it's your deck.

In my Zoroark/Darkrai deck, I run 3 Brutal Bash Zoroark and 1 Foul Play Zoroark. The only reason I say to run 4 DCE is it let's you fight the Mewtwo war just in case yours gets prized without having to waste a dark patch or trying to find it later in the game if you've used Skylas already.

The last suggestion I have is find room for Computer Search, just to add to consistency.

RE: Help me with my deck. Darkrai/Zoroak.

Wishwreath said:
I think it's ridiculous not to run 4 DCE with Zoroark, especially considering you have Mewtwo EX in your deck.... but it's your deck.

In my Zoroark/Darkrai deck, I run 3 Brutal Bash Zoroark and 1 Foul Play Zoroark. The only reason I say to run 4 DCE is it let's you fight the Mewtwo war just in case yours gets prized without having to waste a dark patch or trying to find it later in the game if you've used Skylas already.

The last suggestion I have is find room for Computer Search, just to add to consistency.

I didnt think the dark patch could be used in the case of Mewtwo?
Also, what do you think I should get rid of to put in the DCE?

RE: Darkrai/Zoroark

next week is cities and its my first, although being in the oldest age group makes me feel old!
I would like as much help with this deck as I can get before then please.

La_displuke said:
Pokemon

3 Darkrai
4 Zoroak
4 Zorua
2 Sableye
1 Mewtwo

Item

3 Ultra ball 2 Communication
2 Evolite 1 Superod
4 Catcher 3 Dark patch
2 Switch 3 Dark claw
3 potion 1 Energy search

Supporters

4 N
4 Cheren
2 Skyla

Energy

12 Dark

I love this deck, and have recently made it myself! It is really refreshing to play in a metagame full of big basics and intense set up decks.

Lets get into helping you out though:

To be honest, you want to put yourself in the supporter range of 13-15 to really have a fighting chance for consistency in your deck. I would say add a full line of Juniper, and an extra Skyla. Split the Bianca and Cheren 2-2 instead of just 4 cheren. Four N is great and shouldn't be altered in my opinion :)

So, so far:

+1 Skyla
+4 Juniper
-2 Cheren
+2 Bianca

+5 cards. So what should we take out? Well, in having tested a variant of your deck against tier 1 and tier 2 competitive decks, I would say to take out the potion. Most of your stuff is going to be 1-shotted anyways, or a pretty easy 2-shot. Potion, more times than not, won't change the assured KO next turn

-3 potion

Also, drop your switch! You are running Darkrai. There is also a decent chance skyarrow bridge will be in play since many meta decks play it currently.

So, -2 switch.

BAM there is the 5 card slots you need to ensure your deck will run much more consistently!

That was the biggest problem I saw mechanically with your deck, other changes are not as important but could help your deck in small ways. An example of this would be to drop 1 darkrai ex, no ultra ball (sounds crazy but it works!), and run 4 level ball. SInce you are running zoroark and intend to use brutal bash, why not try to get as many basics on your bench as possible? Zorua's ascension attack can evolve it into Zoroark t1, so I favor light ball over ultra ball due to this. You can draw in to your darkrais, or run 3 level ball, and 1 communication. That recipe has worked out great so far in testing!

I would also like to point out energy search is basically worthless in this deck. Why not just skyla for a darkpatch instead? This deck is actually a rather cheap energy cost for damage output deck. You could actually pretty easily get away with 11 energy in this deck since dark patch is just such a good card for dark Pokemon.

Something else you might want to consider. If you follow my advice and are running 2-2 Cheren/Bianca, why not add in pokedex and even a single battle city counter stadium as well? You'll be amazed to see how the pokedex/draw engine can really raise your consistency and also give you insight into tough decisions like whether to N or Juniper your hand away.

In addition, since you are running Sableye, why not throw in some enhanced hammer? Special Energy is pretty popular in the top tier decks now, and will only increase in popularity when Plasma Energy hits the field. Throwing in a couple enhanced hammers might be a great meta play for you.

You are spot on with the three dark claws. It really can assure you of a strong 2HKO on most Ex's. I don't know if 2 eviolite is a good play though. Zoroark does not benefit from it, and that is what you run most of - especially if you take your third Darkrai out. This sounds a bit crazy, but you can actually run Giant cape instead. This helps all of your pokemon, especially zoroark! why? Don't forget about zoroark's second attack! Giant cape makes it even better - making most smart EX players think twice about attacking your zoroark with a Dark clawed Night spear or a Power Blast. Giant cape makes it so you can survive and dish out a 1HKO back! If you do take this route, you might want to hang on to your potions - which I have discussed before in this now novel that I hope is not too long :p

Super rod is great in this deck, as it is in all swarm-style decks. Great card!

Don't forget your ace spec card! This deck style does not HAVE to have the ace-spec to run smooth, but it can always help! Currently, I am torn between comp search and gold potion. I am currently leaning toward comp search since it raises your already now decent consistency and it synergizes well with Dark Patch. Gold potion is great too, and you can abuse it better thanks to Sableye's junk hunt. You would really only use it on your Mewtwo or Zoroark, since most good decks can 1HKO a Zoroark anyways.

Finally, and someone already touched on this - but you have a Mewtwo in your deck, and Brutal Bash only requires CC to go off. Shaving off a few dark energy for 2-3 DCE is a great play in my opinion - especially since you have dark patch to recycle energy for you!

Best of luck with this deck! it really is a blast to play. :)

Thanks man, that was a fantastic response.

I am doing about 90% of what you have suggested to me before I even read your post!!! I have done alot of testing now and I finally feel I have the deck I need for cities.

Thanks guys for all of the help!

it's either that, or a budget plain hammertime deck.
Budget:I

But really turn one zorua ascension to a turn two foul play could really hurt.

Its pretty nasty.

Im throwing an Eviolite on it ASAP to make it last to turn 3 where my Darkrai is either ready to rock with a Dark Claw or very near ready. That part of the strategy depends on how fast I can get Ultra Balls, Dark energy and Dark Patches.

La_displuke said:
No its MIIIIIINE.... That every one else built for me....

I think everyone should have a go at the deck, its so much fun, can be really quick and is hard hitting.

For sure! When you find the right consistency, you can actually hit a T2 140 with a non-ex more times than you would think! What other deck can do that?

Mine has even been running great with 3 catcher. Sounds weird, but has been fine. I have not even have had to junk hunt for catchers, but its always an option

I came in 10th for my first tournament. Im really happy with that result as there was over 20 people in "Masters", and I played against a guy who has been to worlds 3 times and won Nationals 3 times. I lost pretty badly to him but it was still a blast!

Back