Darkrai LV.X

uchihasasuke

Uchiha Sasuke
Hey folks, I bet you've seen Darkrai LV.X scan on Pokebeach. IT has not only a great illustration, I think this card have really great potential and it will bring switches and full-heals back to meta-game.

Poke-Body: Dark Shadow
Too bad it doesn't stack, otherwise we'll be seeing Darkness pokemon dominating the World Championships. Having 10 extra damage for each Basic Darkness energy is extremely useful. With Absol and Honchkrow now getting popular, Darkness pokemon will make a great presence in the World Chmapionships this year. Hopefully, they will make a Tyranitar in Darkness type and we'll start seeing Darkness pwnage!

Endless Darkness Attack
Wow, what can I say? To play against a Darkrai Lv.X and survive? I don't like the odds. This attack is not only extremely powerful on its own, doing 60 damage with 3 energies! It has an effect that is mind boggling. It makes the defending Pokemon become asleep, now thats a pretty nice effect on itself. And thats not enough, your opponent flips 2 coins and only wakes his/her active Pokemon with 2 heads! Whats the chance of that happening? If you did probabilities in school, you should know theres only a 1/4 chance or 25% of hitting that. This effect is phenomenon to a high damage attack. This will certainly bring some special condition remedies back to the meta-game. Thats not all, to add insult to injury this attack gives you a 1/4 or 25% chance of knocking out your opponent's pokemon on each between turns! Thats right, if your opponent flips 2 tails its Ta Da to his active Pokemon! So, now theres a 25% chance of knocking out your opponent and 50% chance of keeping the defending Pokemon asleep, that leaves a 25% chance of survival! How good ae the odds?

With 100HP, 2x Weakness to Fighting Pokemon, a -20 Resistance to Psychic Pokemon and a cheap 1 energy retreat cost this Pokemon will pwn a lot!

With very few Lv. X counters available, this card will do well in this format. But expect many Lv. X counters to appear soon in future sets just like the ex-counters have made their presence in the ex-era.

The Score:
9/10 for the current format, I rarely ever give such high ratings to a card, this one gets it!

Attachments

• 104-darkrai-lv-x[1].jpg
    104-darkrai-lv-x[1].jpg
    111 KB · Views: 22
The x2 weakness is the downfall of this card. With G&G still running rampant, it can OHKO Darkrai LV X. As for its attack effect, Xatu SW can counter that by moving the condition to Darkrai LV X, thats if you manage to stay alive after the Sleep check...
By the way, there is a Darkness type Tyranitar. It's in Mysterious Treasures... :)

Yes, I noticed that Tyranitar, its not good though. GG, Gallade pwns Darkrai easily thats true, but you need to be lucky too :)

Yes, with x2 weakness, it is a downfall to many fighting types.

Only Blastoise {d} would take away its weakness, but they don't combo...

It is resistant to Psychic which is nice, and kills Banette. Bliss Cry will be its best potential deck

i actually beat a darkrai blissy deck with a T2B it was crazy! but yes the downfall is weakness to fighting and a lucario with a pluspower will take it out as well

yea, i really love this card, i cant wait to get it, but then again, so will everyone else. oh well, its still freaking awesome

the best tech to make its weakness disaper is blastoise d. duh and yes darkrai is perfect just for its body.

Back