• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Darkrai/Hydreigon Deck

ahg3117

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 13
3 Darkrai EX
3-1-3 Hydreigon (All Dragons Exalted, Hydreigon Dark Trance)
3 Sableye (Junk Hunt)

Trainers: 35

4 N
3 Juniper
2 Cheren
2 Skyla

3 Rare Candy
3 Max Potion
3 Ultra Ball
4 Dark Patch
2 Level Ball
2 Random Receiver
2 Eviolite
4 Catcher
1 Tool Scrapper

Energy: 12
8 Dark Energy
4 Blend GFPD

The Strategy is the same as every Darkrai Hydreigon decks. I put the skyla in there just in case I don't have that early ultra ball or level ball, etc. I am looking to put in a few dark claws and another sableye. Any pointers?

You really don't need a 4th Sableye, what you need are some more techs like Mewtwo Ex, Keldeo Ex etc and especially Shaymin Ex.

I wanted that fourth sableye just for more assurance on the first turn of starting out with it and late in case I couldn't pull one

ahg3117 said:
I wanted that fourth sableye just for more assurance on the first turn of starting out with it and late in case I couldn't pull one

That's what your Level Balls are for. :) And if you don't pull a Level Ball, then you use Skyla to search for Level Ball. Or you have a high chance of drawing Level Ball/Skyla/Sableye when you use drawing Supporters. :)

I would at least do:
- 1 N
+ 1 Shaymin EX

It might be nice to add a Deino NV just so you can Dark Patch to it if you have trouble getting a Darkrai right away. Doesn't happen often, but I have had it happen before and getting that extra energy in really helps.

ahg3117 said:
Pokémon: 13
3 Darkrai EX
3-1-3 Hydreigon (All Dragons Exalted, Hydreigon Dark Trance)
3 Sableye (Junk Hunt)

Trainers: 35

4 N
3 Juniper
2 Cheren
2 Skyla

3 Rare Candy
3 Max Potion
3 Ultra Ball
4 Dark Patch
2 Level Ball
2 Random Receiver
2 Eviolite
4 Catcher
1 Tool Scrapper

Energy: 12
8 Dark Energy
4 Blend GFPD

The Strategy is the same as every Darkrai Hydreigon decks. I put the skyla in there just in case I don't have that early ultra ball or level ball, etc. I am looking to put in a few dark claws and another sableye. Any pointers?

maybe one mewtwo EX for one shot

theducktamer said:
ahg3117 said:

That's what your Level Balls are for. :) And if you don't pull a Level Ball, then you use Skyla to search for Level Ball. Or you have a high chance of drawing Level Ball/Skyla/Sableye when you use drawing Supporters. :)

I would at least do:
- 1 N
+ 1 Shaymin EX

It might be nice to add a Deino NV just so you can Dark Patch to it if you have trouble getting a Darkrai right away. Doesn't happen often, but I have had it happen before and getting that extra energy in really helps.

I suggest a getting rid of cheren instead of N, very good in shaymin revenge kills.

Personal changes:

-1 Pokemon Catcher (four isnt a staple anymore)
-1 Dark Patch
-1 Random Receiver
-1 or 2 Cheren (like I said personal changes)

+1 Shaymin EX (now this is a staple)
+1 Benchtini (with plasmaklang, so is this)
+1 Colress (and bianca) (depending on the amount of cheren taken away)
+1 Computer Search (you wont regret it!)

mahboi.michael said:
maybe one mewtwo EX for one shot

Or cresselia (safer and more useful as a tank imo)

Back