• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Darkrai GX post rotaion decklist help

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
Here's my decklist tell me what could be improved and what you think about it!

##Pokémon - 11

* 3 Darkrai-EX BKP 74
* 4 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
* 2 Yveltal XY 78
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 N DEX 96
* 1 Misty's Determination BKP 104
* 3 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 1 Escape Rope BUS 114
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 16

* 16 Darkness Energy Energy 7

I think Darkrai EX should be the main focus of this deck while you take advantage of Darkrai GXs ability to get energy on the board. With that said, I think you should run 4 EX and 3 GX instead of the other way around. I would maybe add an Oranguru so you have some draw support as well. I would maybe remove one energy for Oranguru. 15 energy would still be a lot.

I would look at Sophocles too. Discard 2 cards from your hand and draw 4. You can discard a Darkrai GX and a Dark Energy, draw 4 cards, and then use Darkrai's ability to get it on the field.

-1 Misty's Determination
-1 Escape Rope

+2 Sophocles

Other than that, I think it looks good!

Along with HouchinsDJ changes maybe cut one energy for another lele for a little more consistency

I disagree I would keep the Darkrai's as they are but maybe you could add one or two Zoroark GX's so you can discard the Darkrai GX's better, I would
- Misty's Determination
-Dark Energy x1
+Guzma
+Field Blower
I also advise maybe adding another late game sweeper as you might have one too many Altar of the Moone's.
I also think you could add Lusamine (When she comes out) and 1 or 2 Fighting Fury Belts.

I disagree I would keep the Darkrai's as they are but maybe you could add one or two Zoroark GX's so you can discard the Darkrai GX's better, I would
- Misty's Determination
-Dark Energy x1
+Guzma
+Field Blower
I also advise maybe adding another late game sweeper as you might have one too many Altar of the Moone's.
I also think you could add Lusamine (When she comes out) and 1 or 2 Fighting Fury Belts.

Darkrai EX should be the main attacker. It's faster to set up, and can do way more damage. Once 6 Dark Energy is on the board, which is easy to do between normal attachments, Max Elixir, and Darkrai GXs ability, Darkrai EX is doing more damage than it's GX counterpart. It's not uncommon for Darkrai EX to hit for over 200 damage, which is something that the GX just can't do. The GX is good, but having to attach three energy is slow if it's you start with it, compared to the two energy attachment of the EX. Plus, you don't want to start with the GX anyways because you want to be able to take advantage of it's ability. Running 4 GX means that you're going to be starting with the GX more often than not, which I've tested this deck out online, and you don't want to start with the GX.

Also, adding in a Zoroark GX line is just going to take up space and make the deck slower. Darkrai decks are all about using big basics and speed. Putting in a Stage 1 kinda goes against that. What do you remove for a minimum 2-2 line? Between Ultra Ball, Sycamore, and Sophocles, you have multiple ways to get Darkrai GX into the discard pile already. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad idea, I just don't see it adding THAT much to what's already proven.

Why not run a couple of Ninja Boys? You start with one, and have the option to swap out if need be.

Why not run a couple of Ninja Boys? You start with one, and have the option to swap out if need be.
The problem about Ninja Boy post-rotation is that a lot of the times Ninja Boy is a card you vs seeker for because you dumped it some time earlier in the game, now you won't be able to do that, whichll suck, meaning it probably won't be a viable card for awhile, at least not until Lusamine is printed.

The problem about Ninja Boy post-rotation is that a lot of the times Ninja Boy is a card you vs seeker for because you dumped it some time earlier in the game, now you won't be able to do that, whichll suck, meaning it probably won't be a viable card for awhile, at least not until Lusamine is printed.

Yeah, it's definitely a situational Supporter, and to be honest, do you really want to use Ninja Boy as your Supporter first turn?

Personally I like playing this deck with 4 Darkrai EX and 3 Darkrai GX. I agree with HouchinsDJ that the deck should be more focused on Darkrai EX other than the GX.

I'd try to fit 1 more Field Blower in there. Maybe -1 Dark Energy for +1 Field Blower. I personally run this deck with 14 energy it runs great.

Adding 1 more Alter of the Moone would be nice too. You can get pretty stuck if you start with Darkrai GX or your opponent switches your active into Darkrai GX etc.

Other than that the deck looks pretty solid.

Yeah that exactly what I said too, it is really your choice if you want to focus on the GX or ex, I would honestly run Darkrai GX x4 and Darkrai EX x3, in case you prize one or you need a backup end game energy to deal the last bit of damage.

I think Darkrai GX is much, much better in Expanded, so you should hinge towards the 4 Darkrai EXs like most others here have recommended.

I definitely agree with @HouchinsDJ suggested changes, I play 2 Sophocles in my own list.

My list has a 3rd Lele, Kukui, Oranguru, extra Choice Band, extra Altar (although I am not opposed to cutting down to 3), and an extra Guzma.

Back