• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Darkai EX/maxies

Demosthenes1

Aspiring Trainer
Recently ive fallen in love with maxie/archie decks. Im hoping to go to Toronto regionals, and I was looking for any suggestions to this list. the main reason i chose darkai EX over something like yveltal EX is because i can spread my energy around far more easily.

1 Jirachi-EX (PLB 60)
2 Darkrai-EX (BKP 118)
1 Archeops (DEX 110)
1 Gallade (BKT 84)
1 Darkrai-EX (DEX 107)
1 Sableye (DEX 62)
2 Yveltal (XY 78)
9 Darkness Energy (GEN 81)
3 Virbank City Gym (PLS 126)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
3 Maintenance (FUF 96)
1 Super Rod (NVI 95)
4 Dark Patch (DEX 93)
3 Exp. Share (NXD 87)
4 Trainers' Mail (AOR 100)
1 Colress (PLS 118)
4 VS Seeker (ROS 110)
4 Ultra Ball (PLF 122)
4 Battle Compressor (PHF 92)
3 Hypnotoxic Laser (PLS 123)
2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick (PCL 133)
2 N (FCO 105)
1 AZ (PHF 117)

All suggestions appreciated.

Ok, As far as what you have, well, your killing me...

All joking aside, here are a few problems I am seeing:
1. Consistency
From my limited knowledge, play either Archeops OR Gallade. Both is a little bit of a stretch, and does not help your consistency. Seeing as you are in Masters, play two Archeops. Decidueye is running rampant, and making it so you can't evolve gets rid of Garbodor and Megas.
2. Keep your options open
I know that you said you don't want to play Yveltal, but I'd suggest playing at least one. It gives you an extra option to work with.
3. Speed
If you are playing any dark deck with Yveltal and/or Darkrai, you NEED at least 3 Max Elixir, 4 for even more consistency.
4. Trainers
I am just going to come straight out and say this, but Maintenance? Really? What purpose does it serve? This is Expanded dude. You have a lot more to choose from.

Here is what I have for you as far as a list goes.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 12
* 2 Darkrai-EX LTR 88
* 2 Darkrai-EX BKP 74
* 1 Sableye DEX 62
* 1 Yveltal BKT 94
* 2 Yveltal STS 65
* 1 Yveltal-EX PR-XY XY08
* 2 Archeops DEX 110
* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
##Trainer Cards - 39
* 4 Dark Patch DEX 93
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 3 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 3 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 2 Colress PLS 118
* 1 N FAC 105
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 Exp. Share PRC 128
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick PRC 133
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
##Energy - 9
* 9 Darkness Energy EVO 97
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Ok, here is what I have come up with. The energy count stays the same, just with this you are more able to get things out quickly. Once again, sticking with only the Archeops with probably help you with consistency, and with shut down your opponents evolution decks. It's always good to get a bit more damage, so I have included 2 Muscle Band, which can always be replaced with a Fighting Fury Belt.

I am not the most competitive player, but I hope this helps. I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks,
-AV

Last edited:
Ok, As far as what you have, well, your killing me...

All joking aside, here are a few problems I am seeing:
1. Consistency
From my limited knowledge, play either Archeops OR Gallade. Both is a little bit of a stretch, and does not help your consistency. Seeing as you are in Masters, play two Archeops. Decidueye is running rampant, and making it so you can't evolve gets rid of Garbodor and Megas.
2. Keep your options open
I know that you said you don't want to play Yveltal, but I'd suggest playing at least one. It gives you an extra option to work with.
3. Speed
If you are playing any dark deck with Yveltal and/or Darkrai, you NEED at least 3 Max Elixir, 4 for even more consistency.
4. Trainers
I am just going to come straight out and say this, but Maintenance? Really? What purpose does it serve? This is Expanded dude. You have a lot more to choose from.

Here is what I have for you as far as a list goes.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 12
* 2 Darkrai-EX LTR 88
* 2 Darkrai-EX BKP 74
* 1 Sableye DEX 62
* 1 Yveltal BKT 94
* 2 Yveltal STS 65
* 1 Yveltal-EX PR-XY XY08
* 2 Archeops DEX 110
* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
##Trainer Cards - 39
* 4 Dark Patch DEX 93
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 3 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 3 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 2 Colress PLS 118
* 1 N FAC 105
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 3 Exp. Share PRC 128
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick PRC 133
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
##Energy - 9
* 9 Darkness Energy EVO 97
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Ok, here is what I have come up with. The energy count stays the same, just with this you are more able to get things out quickly. Once again, sticking with only the Archeops with probably help you with consistency, and with shut down your opponents evolution decks. It's always good to get a bit more damage, so I have included 2 Muscle Band, which can always be replaced with a Fighting Fury Belt.

I am not the most competitive player, but I hope this helps. I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks,
-AV

thanks for the tips. I wasnt sure what to use for expanded in this kind of list, so thank you. should i use choice band instead of muscle band? also what is the purpose of fright night yveltal? i know its good for sniping, but what other uses does it have? also should i use some sun and moon supporters at all?

Running a split is fine.

Here are some general comments:
Run less Virbank/HTL
Run less tools
Run more energy
Run FFB-this helps you dodge Evil Ball knockouts
Run an Ace Spec!

thanks for the tips. I wasnt sure what to use for expanded in this kind of list, so thank you. should i use choice band instead of muscle band? also what is the purpose of fright night yveltal? i know its good for sniping, but what other uses does it have? also should i use some sun and moon supporters at all?

So, I have no idea when your regionals is, so I'd say just stick with the Muscle Band or Fighting Fury Belt. Personally, I am not fond of a lot of the SuMo supporters. I only use Kukui and Lillie, but that is just me. Try sticking with two Colress, as it is an amazing draw supporter. As for the Fright Night Yveltal, it is nice to have in a lot of Dark decks for sniping and tool shutdown. I play at least one in my dark decks.

Running a split is fine.

Here are some general comments:
Run less Virbank/HTL
Run less tools
Run more energy
Run FFB-this helps you dodge Evil Ball knockouts
Run an Ace Spec!

As he said, you could probably use less Virbank City Gym and Lasers, but it's up to you. Also, yes, run an Ace Spec. If you can afford it, get Computer Search, or use Dowsing Machine. From these suggestions, maybe try this (Using the list I have you):

-1 Virbank Ciy Gym
-1 Hypnotoxic Laser
-3 Exp. Share
-2 Muscle Band

+3 Dark Energy
+3 Fighting Fury Belt
+1 Computer Search/Dowsing Machine

why shouldnt i use exp share? also is max elixir a good idea to use alongside dark patch?

also here is my updated list; couldnt find the room for more darkness energy.

1 Jirachi-EX (PLB 60)
2 Darkrai-EX (BKP 118)
1 Sableye (DEX 62)
1 Archeops (DEX 110)
1 Yveltal (BKT 94)
1 Gallade (BKT 84)
2 Darkrai-EX (DEX 107)
2 Yveltal (XY 78)
10 Darkness Energy (GEN 81)
2 Virbank City Gym (PLS 126)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
1 Super Rod (NVI 95)