Dark Knight Rises Midnight Shooting

RE: Midnight Shooting

I have heard about these too from many places around the US, its so sad I dont understand why people could do harm to others. I really wish people could stop hurting other living things. Think about how those people's families feel that must be terrible...and what about the people who saw the others get shot!? They mucus be scarred for life for seeing people die in vain like that. I hope those families got all the help they could..

Horrible. "Not again..." Crazy people. What can I say. Comics are evil and should be burned. And video games. And TV and movies.

I just saw the video... Now I'll have nightmares. I wonder what I'd do if I was there and survived the shooting. If I was wounded, it sure would cause me tons of pain and anger... I'd also want to hit them if my parents got killed. But anger only causes more trouble... I just can't believe some people can kill their own kind and not even care one bit.

Even though I've posted here, I want to say a few extra words.

To anybody on Pokebeach who had their relatives killed or survived in the shooting, I'm terribly sorry for your losses. Pray that you have a good, long life. :(

I don't know if you guys saw this but, on Facebook and stuff like that they are trying to get Christian Bale dressed as Batman to go to that hospital to show the victims that there isn't just villains in this world. That would be awesome.

Eh, I would not want to see anything "Batman" after that for a while.

RE: Midnight Shooting (warning-mature content)

Brave Vesperia said:
What kind of sick jerk is this guy!? I feel horrible for the people who got shot, the people who there that day, and the deceased's familys!

Took the words right out of my mouth, love. This guy had no history with the law, not so much as a parking ticket. He had a (masters?) degree in neuroscience. NEUROSCIENCE. Doesn't that seem a bit strange? Heaven knows what clicked in the man's brain suddenly that made him want to do this, but he is sick. He's got something totally messed up in the head and I can only hope it can be fixed.
You always know the people who smile in their mugshots are totally crazy. Have you seen his picture? He's smiling in it. Orange jumpsuit, obviously screwed for life inside sad stone walls and he's SMILING. It takes a special kind of crazy person to smile in a mugshot.

I was talking to my neighbors today about and they said how in the video people were being brought out of the theater covered in blod and that a bunch of people were standing outside and FILMING it like it's some sort of show. Also, people are already selling the victims ticket stubs on eBay! It's sick and twisted how people try to get money.

I'm so sad to hear this extremely sad story....I will be praying for the families that lost loved ones in this shooting. That damn killer, what would he feel if he was the one being shot down? I definitely know it wouldn't be nice.... I'd like to give me condolences to these families... I...just can't imagine why would someone do this...

RE: Midnight Shooting (warning-mature content)

AnimeUSA said:
Took the words right out of my mouth, love. This guy had no history with the law, not so much as a parking ticket. He had a (masters?) degree in neuroscience. NEUROSCIENCE. Doesn't that seem a bit strange? Heaven knows what clicked in the man's brain suddenly that made him want to do this, but he is sick. He's got something totally messed up in the head and I can only hope it can be fixed.
You always know the people who smile in their mugshots are totally crazy. Have you seen his picture? He's smiling in it. Orange jumpsuit, obviously screwed for life inside sad stone walls and he's SMILING. It takes a special kind of crazy person to smile in a mugshot.

Seeing that mugshot made me want to punch his teeth out, he won't be smiling then! (that's not a joke, I seriously feel that way)

What would he have done with Neuroscience, I wonder? Maybe it has something to do with the strange chemicals they found in his appartment?

Justice will be dealt. Right now his case is boiling down to if he should get the death penalty. The chances of him not going on death row are very slim. From what I hear though, Colorado isn't too big on the death penalty. Before death row should be considered, his mental history needs to be looked at. I'm hoping for the death penalty myself, but chances are he could just be mentaly insane.

There's also the issue of where the case is held to avoid bias.

I didn't think that the suspect's mug shot had been released yet?

Is that just a picture of him wearing an orange shirt and smiling?

Article

It will be interesting, and I don't mean that in an offensive way, to see what happens in court tomorrow (well, today considering it is already Monday).

My thoughts go out to all of the victim's and their families.

ComfortEagle said:
Justice will be dealt. Right now his case is boiling down to if he should get the death penalty. The chances of him not going on death row are very slim. From what I hear though, Colorado isn't too big on the death penalty. Before death row should be considered, his mental history needs to be looked at. I'm hoping for the death penalty myself, but chances are he could just be mentaly insane.

There's also the issue of where the case is held to avoid bias.

Just out of curiosity, what are your reasons behind supporting the death penalty over, say, life long imprisonment?

I feel really sorry for the people caught up in this. We had a discussion in class and we all felt really sad...my thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected

Zmaster Y said:
\ a bunch of people were standing outside and FILMING it like it's some sort of show.\

I think those people where trying to help citizens who heard of the news from the media gain a more inside look on what happened. I'm sure they didn't mean to make some sort of profit out of the recordings, and just wanted some gesture to offer condolences. That's the sort of attitude Youtube recordings of the genocide had.

WHat I heard is that he was failing classes or something in college. I don't know.....
As for this, it's horrible. How could anyone just start killing of innocent people for no apparent reason? And after reading the CNN report, it seemed he was a law-abiding citizen as well. I wish the best of luck to the families of those injured or killed in this massacre.....

......and this defiinitally won't stop me from seeing the movie :p

bacon said:
Just out of curiosity, what are your reasons behind supporting the death penalty over, say, life long imprisonment?

An eye for an eye (Hammurabi's Code). But eh, I think his punishment should be worth all the tears shed and blood lost from the victims and their families. This is truly a terrible tragedy. And I agree that American media is very messy and unresearched.

Well, for one, if this guy has really convinced himself he's the joker, than he might actually attempt a break-out or something of the sort(which the joker has done countless times) I think a death penalty would prevent that.

I'm really starting to wonder what was going on in this guy's head. I'd like to know if there was anything really going on. There has to be some kind of explanation for this...

I don't think the death sentence should be put on. As scary as it sounds, we shouldn't automatically give every mass murderer such a sentence (unless he's such a threat, death certainly is needed). Instead, let him rot in jail instead of giving him an easy way out. I also find it too hasty to give every mass killer a death sentence for what he has done, it just cuts corners of problems. Instead, get into his psyche, find out why he did it, and prevent future cases like his from happening. It's just too stupid to immediately decide to kill him.

Back