Damage Switch: Heal and Destroy

blaZofgold

Romans 8:38-39
I came across these two cards, and I just can't wait to try it out....

Cofagrigus – Psychic – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Yamask

[P][C] Damage Count: Choose 1 of your Benched Pokemon and move all damage counters on that Pokemon onto the Defending Pokemon.
[P][C][C] Bewilder: 30 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

57-reuniclus.jpg

This is just too fun. Take damage, then move them all onto one high HP Pokemon and Damage Count it to the opponent. I would run something like this:

3-3 Cofagrigus
2-1-2 Reuniclus
2/3 Reshiram/Zekrom
2-2 Dodrio

4 Switch

With Cofagrigus active, you can take 80 damage and then transfer that onto your opponent. Perfect against Donphan and decks like that. However, once Reshi Zecky comes around.....switch to YOUR Reshi Zecky. Take the 120 damage move, and then Dodrio retreat back. Damage Switch that to their Reshi/Zecky. If it was Zekrom, it's dead. Yay!

This will utterly destroy snipe decks, but against Reshiboar and Magnezone I have no counter. Comments?

No. Reuniclus will not work. I don't care that you have Dodrio, 90 hp is very easy to OHKO. And, Solosis and Duosion are such great catcher bait, being tied for lowest hp of any basic and stage 1, that you really can't run it. Of all stage 2s, running reuniclus is the least viable post-catcher. Except for maybe jumpluff.

I'm talking rogue. I understand the fact that this will be almost impossible to run, I'm thinking strategy. For either casual play or for trolling and BRs.

Stopped playing my Serperior/Wailord rogue deck due to catcher screwing the strategy up by ohko'ing reuniclus....

This is cool. Reversal is going to be a problem with Reuniclus, and so is the fact that a lot of things will just one shot your Cofagrigus. I think Cofagrigus might be better if you are relying on it being your main attack a little bit less. You could try Donphan in this, Earthquake + Reuniclus Cofagrigus damage swap = boss. Vileplume might not be bad to stop Reversal and Rainbow Energy with Roserade could be a cool tech. Keep playing with this idea though, it seems interesting, but I am drawing a blank on what could make it better right now.

It's a good idea, I can't argue with that. The only problem (and it is a major one) is that pokemon reversal (and soon catcher) can beat this deck fairly easily. Once you are weak or vulnerable to a popular card, chances are the deck won't stand a chance. Nice idea, though!

I think this would only be viable with Vileplume. It's a lot slower, but better than being crushed by Catcher. Plus, it prevents your opponent from OHKOing your own Reshiram/Zekrom with his Reshiram/Zekrom by not letting them use PlusPower.

But having to set up 2 stage 2s is not going to be easy with catcher around, nor will it make a consistant deck. Also, 90 damage is not hard to hit in order to OHKO Confagrigus-most decks can hit that number without much trouble.

Catcher up Reuniclus, KO. OHKO your active, KO. Death Fodder, KO. Reshiram/Zekrom, prize exchange FTL. This is how I picture this deck panning out in an actual game. If you're lucky, that is. If not:

Catcher up Reuniclus, KO. OHKO your active, KO. Death Fodder, KO. Continuously Cathering up things you try to set up on your bench, KO KO. Zekrom/Reshiram attack, prize exchange, FTL.

I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be for Modified format...

I think if you got the Vileplume set up quickly, you could manually set up the Reuniclus after and get your main attacker out after. You'd be down a prize, or possibly two, but with Twins, this deck could be a monster once it gets set up.

Back