• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Cursegar Cities Master

Eevee

Whatever you do, don't play Half-Life in the dark.
4-3-3-1 Gengar (SF-AR 41-2 AR/1 TM-AR)
1-1 Umbreon UD
1 Azelf
2-1 Uxie LV X
1 Unown Q
3 Spiritomb AR
1 Solrock TM
1 Lunatone SV

3 Bebe's Search
3 Pokemon Collector
3 BTS
1 Luxury Ball
4 Twins
3 Rare Candy
1 Palmer's Contribution
2 Expert Belt
4 Seeker
2 Pokemon Communication

1 Basic Dark
1 Special Dark
8 Psychic

Strategy: Use Gengar AR's "Shadow Skip" to KO a pokemon and skip back to the bench. Then send up Gengar Prime to send the KO pokemon to the Lost Zone.

The reason for the maxed Seekers is because leaving Gengar Prime active will usually lead to it suffering some serious damage. I can retreat it to the bench and seeker it up. Then I can lay it right back down again because of BTS.

The Umbreon is to be used as a wall against decks that have pokepowers and/or poke-bodies in them.

Solrock and Lunatone are to prevent healing by Garchomp C LV X and Nidoqueen.

Any suggestion would be great. Thanks.

EDIT: The main problem deck for this deck is Diaglachomp because they can tank and are resistance to my main pokemon. Also, I have trouble getting energies out. I have tried Interviewer's Question but I can't seem to draw into any energy with it.

I would go with Haunter from Triumphant for its sniping ability, free retreat and the fact that it has no Bodies or Powers. If you go up against an Umbreon UD you will have a wall against you because all your Pokemon have Bodies and Powers. I would think about adding a secondary attacker because Gengar doesn't hit for enough damage to OHKO something and SP decks will just Poke Turn. If you keep Solrock and Lunatone then you might want to consider a couple bench shields because they will be easily sniped by Garchomp C X.
-1 Spiritomb TM
+1 Crobat G

-2 Twins
+2 Poke Turns

Actually the Lunatone SV prevents any effects and damage done to Solrock and Lunatone by my opponent's LV Xes. I will try out the Haunters TR at league this week.

You could run shedinja SV instead of umbreon if you want to wall vs bodies and powers. Since shedinja uses a body you can use shadow skip to shedinja and next turn do it again. If you wall with umbreon you are attacking for only 30 damage a turn (40 if you have the only special dark attached).

take out
1-1 umbreon UD

add in
1-1 shedinja SV

Now you run 3 dark energy that you don't need so you can take out them and add in what you think you need/want (you can try the DCL).

I have not thought about Shedinja at all. I will definitely try out the idea.

Ok, I see now. Let me know how you do with this deck. I still think you need another attacker and remember that SP decks are all over and they focus on sniping around the active pokemon. I do like the advice that Yuki gave though.

If your CurseGar gets knocked out it is very unlikely that you will get another one set up, try this
-1 CurseGar
+1 Gengar SF (a quick 1 or 2 prize never hurt anyone)
-2 Twins
+1 Palmer's
+1 Pokemon Collector (More speed! :p)

Back