DPPt/HGSS Curiousity's getting the better of me

BananaCorn

I don't exist
I have a question for anyone to answer, but it needs to be put in context first.

Okay, so say you're in a double battle, and one of your Pokemon is about to level up and learn a new move.

So, you select your moves, and the Pokemon that's NOT about to level up uses its move. You kill one of the opponent's Pokemon, and your other Pokemon levels up, and tries to learn its new move.

My question is this: What happens if you delete the move that your pikemon's about to use?

Mods: I realise that this thread does not offer much discussional value once the question's been answered, so feel free to lock it once it's answered.

Thanks.

~BananaCorn

Good Question.
I belive that you will execute the move before being given the choice to select which move you wish to delete.

IIRC, you gain your EXP at the end of the turn that the pokemon was knocked out, therefore you will always attack before you level up. Imma check real quick in a double battle in game.

EDIT: Nvm, it gives you the EXP as soon as you KO the Pokemon.

Yeah, I've had the opportunity to test it a couple of time in-game, but the moves were bad most of the time, and I didn't want to risk my Voltorb using Selfdestruct instead of spark on a nuzlocke run.

Might see if I can test it on Platinum.

So, you select your moves, and the Pokemon that's NOT about to level up uses its move. You kill one of the opponent's Pokemon, and your other Pokemon levels up, and tries to learn its new move.

My question is this: What happens if you delete the move that your pikemon's about to use?
This has actually happened to me.

Say you have a move in slot 1/4. It hasn't attacked yet this turn, and it levels up. It learns a new move, and you put that move in slot 1. It is erased as normal.
When that Pokemon's turn comes around, it uses the new move.

Yes, I wouldn't say this if I hadn't actually had it happen to me.

Okay, I had a hunch that might be what happened.

It was just a really obscure question that was niggling the back of my mind.

Thanks.

Oh I always wanted to know that too. There's another thing that bothered me as well. What happens if a Pokemon uses dig and is underground and then the opponent uses Gravity? Is the poor Pokemon stuck underground?

As far as is known, Gravity does not affect Dig. It only really affects moves that involve Pokemon flying through the air. It also lowers evasion by 2 stages for all Pokemon that are under its effect.

Back