• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Crobat prime + Sigilyph + Tornadus (contains NV cards)

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
Pokemon (18):

4 Crobat (UL)(Prime)
4 Zubat (UL)
2 Golbat (UL)
4 Sigilyph (EP-1)
4 Druddigon (NV)

Trainers (29):
2 Rare Candy (UL)
4 Professor Oak's New Theory (CL)
4 Professor Juniper (BW)
2 Super Rod (NV)
2 Pokemon Catcher (EP)
3 Max Potion (EP)
3 Defender (UD)
3 Pokemon Communication (BW)
2 Twins (TU)
2 Rocky Helmet (NV)
1 Eviolite (NV)
1 Burned Tower (UD)

Energy (13):

4 Double Colorless Energy (HGSS)
9 Psychic Energy (CL)

Strategy:

Crobat's devastating when it gets out, with it's severe poison. Its HP is good too - even Reshiram needs a pluspower to OHKO, and I have my share of defenders and max potions to keep it alive. Free retreat is also quite useful. Sigilyph is a good multi-purpose card - at 90 HP it's not easy to KO, and reflect lets me buy some precious time - heck, I've stalled opponents out before with reflect + eviolite, although that's far from reliable. Crobat also forces a lot of retreats; 40 damage from poison a turn means a choice between curing poison, usually by retreat, or getting one attack in before fainting (40 x 3 is 120, and the high-HP pokemon can be skill dived for an extra 30) and Sigilyph can snipe the bench for 50.

Tornadus doesn't really have a purpose in tune with the deck's strategy, and I've given serious thought to replacing it. On the other hand, it has 110 HP, can survive Reshiram with an eviolite, and does 80 damage for three energy, all of which makes it quite useful. Hurricane's effect sometimes has me using oak's new theory or Juniper to get energy, but it's also good for getting energy off of Tornadus before it faints, so it's a mixed bag. In terms of raw power it's excellent, but it shares a lightning weakness with the rest of my deck, and I'm not sure if I'm better off replacing it with a fighting-type heavy hitter or just conceding the match to anyone who wants to run electricity in exchange for better power against other opponents.

EDIT: I just realized a couple of the cards in this deck are from NV, and therefore not out yet in the real world; the online client I use already updated. I probably won't build this deck until after they come out anyway, if ever, but replacements for the next couple weeks are fine to suggest too. Though if you have NV cards you think would work with this, don't shy away from suggesting them either!

Second edit: Tornadus replaced with Druddigon. Gonna stick with NV cards and wait 'til it comes out to build it. If you have any other suggestions, feel free, though it's looking a bit better now.

Matthew69 said:
I feel that you need 4 rare candy
I would remove 2 tornadus

If I'm adding rare candy, wouldn't it make more sense to take out my Golbat? I'm using both because Golbat can be grabbed with pokemon communication and played without Crobat in the hand (i.e. before an oak's new theory or a Juniper) while rare candy gives extra speed when I get it.

Even though you do have Rare Candy, that does not mean you should drop Golbat completely. There will always be times where you can't Rare Candy into a Crobat, which is why having a Golbat is important.

I assume there isnt much ZPST being played where you are. You need to help your weakness somehow. I'm not sure exactly what you should put in, but maybe replace tornadus with something else. Putting in a pokemon that resist and counters Zekrom means also throwing in fighting energy which would probably hurt more than help.

MetaArmor said:
I assume there isnt much ZPST being played where you are. You need to help your weakness somehow. I'm not sure exactly what you should put in, but maybe replace tornadus with something else. Putting in a pokemon that resist and counters Zekrom means also throwing in fighting energy which would probably hurt more than help.

Where I am is at the moment just online, and I've been lucky not to run into Zekrom - I'm sure this deck will get its first loss when it meets one.

Maybe another colorless replacement, but one based on a normal or dragon-type pokemon to avoid an electric weakness? Druddigon looks useful - 60 for three and rough skin - unless I want to add enough fighting energy to use Landorus. (Landorus' bench damage is useful too, given that Sigilyph and Crobat can both snipe, but it's a double-edged sword.)

Druddigon doesnt sound bad if it has rocky helmet. It will still get one shot but will reward the opponent with 40damage which is the equivalent to Crobat's Poison. If you attack with crobat after druddigon's KO, it would be a force retreat, which you can snipe later for the KO. If they chose to stay, the active will die from poison before your turn, giving you a fresh new opponent to poison.

[Edit] If the Zekrom Bolt Strikes the Druddigon, thats 80 damage on the Zekrom! Allowing you to get a KO with Sig or the ultimatum I posted above with Crobat.

I hadn't thought of Rocky Helmet. Seems worth adding a couple... guess I'll remove an eviolite (less useful without Tornadus) and a Twins (not falling behind often enough) to make room. Gonna edit my top post to put up the new decklist now.

Back