BW/BW2 Critical Capture

rockinpikachu

"grrr" That's my grrrr face
There is a new feature in the games that works like a critical hit but with pokeballs.
Discuss it here!

I like this. A lot.

It's probably very rare(a lot rarer than a critical hit, if it almost guarantees capture), but at least I won't have to reset as often to catch a Legend if I run out of balls/lose my last Pokemon or something.

Me too i always wanted this.
But my question is, was this feature already in the games? I mean sometimes your capture works better than other captures in dp

It sounds really useful, but I can see it being super-rare. It sounds like a guarenteed catch type thing and I think it'll REALLY come in handy with legends.

@rockinpikachu: No, this feature wasn't already in the games. There is a random number generated that is used in capturing, so a lot of capturing is just luck.

Cool.
In the english version of B/W it would also be funny if they put: "You got a CRITICAL capture!" Because of critical being in all capitals.

I've got this a couple of times. The best part was that the first one I got was against Zekrom! That was full of win. It also happened against a Riolu and I think a Mantyke or Staryu, I can't remember.

How do we know it's been programed in the game???? I for one never seen it in the game play. BUT my point might be wrong because the game has so many cool things in it! That would be awesome for rare Pokemon like Zoroark,Zekrom,and so many more! It would be like "Critical Hit! The target Pokemon was caught!

I've had it a few times. I dunno, feels like less of a victory to me :p

That being said, pokemon can still break out of a critical capture when they hit the ground.

Really? I think it is more of a victory. =P

I've never had one of these fail, actually. I'm probably lucky or something.

^That is incorrect. Upon my current playthrough, I concluded that it is easier to catch wild pokemon (most of mine are in pokeballs... even the ones that come at lv 40-50. When I tried to catch victini, I wasted about 40 hyper balls and then finally got a crit. If my prediction is correct, I disapprove of the "crit" system for pokeballs. Just doesn't make sense...

I've beaten the game and haven't gotten this once. Although I still didn't have any trouble capturing both Zekrom and Victini...

I'm not a fan of probabilistic factors with ultra-rare occurrence rate, so I'm not too excited about critical capture. I'm sure others have pointed it out: sure it's nice when you have it, but how often do you get it? It's like a gamble.

@wobbuffet,
i mean if there was already a random number generator in the old games. Then maybe in this one they are just emphasizing the fact that you got a critical capture, just so you know, there is NO reason you should believe serebii on everything

i bet it will be like:
throws pokeball
pokemon goes in pokeball
small little note thing,like the new effects thing saying "you got a lucky catch!"
ALMOST guarentees capture.
yeah,that actually sounds like a pokemon thing.

Back