Discussion Crimson Invasion Pre-Release Results

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
The place that does the PR closest to me did Midnight Madness for it. Pulled Guzzlord and used it plus 39 Dark Energy for my tournament deck. Went 2-2 with my two losses being to Gastrodon since it is a OHKO with EQ. Since there was over 20 people, no extra prize support so we were all given 3 packs and I pulled Hyper Rare Buzwol.

If anyone pulls Guzzlord and decides to go with it for the tourney, you want to go second. If you do, you can win in 3 of your turns. Oh and be prepared to Judge Ball.

Went 5-0 yesterday and won 10 packs. Only noteworthy thing pulled from prize packs was full art Kartana (and Alolan Marowak, not because he's awesome but he's my favorite Gen 7 Pokemon). Got a Gyarados GX from my 3 participation packs as well.

As for my prerelease kit, got Alolan Raichu as my promo and pulled a full art Nihilego GX. Made a Grass/Psychic deck with 1 Mawile, 1Nihilego, a 2-2 Raichu line, 2-2 Cacturne line, and a 2-2-2 Gengar line. Raichu is insane for prerelease and Nihilego's ability came in clutch round 1, causing my opponent to flip 2 tails in a row allowing me time to come back.

Someone in the Juniors/Seniors division (didn't have enough so they combined) pulled Rainbow Rare Guzzlord GX and made the deck you spoke of. They went 3-1, but should have gone 4-0 apparently. His opponent said he didn't use his GX attack against his Gengar because it only does 100 and Gengar has 130 ho. He didn't realize Gengar was weak to dark and would have been KOd for the win. He still got first in his division though.

Heh. Interesting. The guy that went with Guzzlord and 39 energy here went 1-2. (Kinda disappointed there were only 3 rounds. There were more than enough players for more, like 30-something, but it was hot, so they wanted to end it quicker.) I wrecked him. (Both games I powered up Regirock and one-shot Guzzlord before he won, though I just as easily could have done Gastrodon either time as well, especially the second game, where he mulliganed 7 times.)

Pulled a full art Lusamine, and sold it for $40. (AUD, keep in mind.) Made my money back, which was nice.

Went 3-0 last weekend at PR with Alolan Raichu (promo) and Gastrodon lol. Won 7 packs and pulled a FA Silvally GX and a hyper rare Nihilego GX!!

Went 3-0 last weekend at PR with Alolan Raichu (promo) and Gastrodon lol. Won 7 packs and pulled a FA Silvally GX and a hyper rare Nihilego GX!!

Correction: the FA Silvally was in one of my 3 participation packs in the kit, but still an awesome pull!!

Back