Fakemon Create-A-Move

RE: make your own pokemove

Make Famous
- - -
Status

User showers an opponent with fame. All attacks will hit that Pokemon for the rest of the turn.

Run Off
Status
---
Allows the trainer to flee from any wild battle.

Paddy185 said:
Make Famous
- - -
Status

User showers an opponent with fame. All attacks will hit that Pokemon for the rest of the turn.
... What? The own attacks too? And the opponents other Pokémon's attacks? That's totally broken.

Earth Hammer
PP:10
Acc:100
Pow:85
The user smashes the foe into the ground with a hammerlike limb. It may also paralyze the opponent (20%)

Learned by:
Swampert, Haryama, Metang, Metagross, Torterra, Gabite, Garchomp, Landorus.

bacon said:
Move name: Shell Stack
Type: Water
Move type: Effect
Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
Effect: Raises the user's Speed, Defence and Special Defence by one stage. Lowers the user's Attack and Special Attack by one stage.

I see... Shell Smash reversed. Except raising the user's Speed doesn't make sense in this case.

Move Name: Voodoo
Type:
ghost.gif

Move Type:
other.png

Accuracy: 90
PP: 10
Effect: The Pokémon launches a curse to the opponent. The opponent gets the same damage as when he attacked you. You can't use this move on the next turn.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Earth Hammer
The user smashes the foe into the ground with a hammerlike limb. It may also paralyze the opponent (20%)

Learned by:

Good idea, but its outclassed by earthquake in every way besides the 20% chance to paralyze.

pokeslayer197 said:
Cooltrainer Alan said:
Earth Hammer

Learned by:

Good idea, but its outclassed by earthquake in every way besides the 17% chance to paralyze.

It's meant for VGC play, where sometimes the Single target vs. multiple makes or breaks a KO.

Hydro Cannon said:
One does not simply.... Declare Bacon's moves to be OP.

On a side note:
Final Crash
Steel
Sp. Att
Only works if user has 1 HP remaining. User takes an all out slam on an opponent. Faints afterwards. The defending Pokemon then receives -2 Sp.Def

Super Electroconnectivity:
Elec.
Status
---
User targets ground forces with strong electric currents. User may now hit ground types will electric type moves for 5 turns. (Good bye landorus and gliscor) :)

Final Crash is very situational but could be used by focus sash users, and generally a coverage move to hit ground types (like ice beam) would be more useful than Super Electroconnevtivity.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
pokeslayer197 said:
Good idea, but its outclassed by earthquake in every way besides the 17% chance to paralyze.

It's meant for VGC play, where sometimes the Single target vs. multiple makes or breaks a KO.

Sorry, forgot that earthquake deals less damage in doubles and triples.

bacon said:
Move name: Belch
Type: Poison
Move type: Special
Power: 40
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: 100% chance of inflicting Burn status.

This is overpowered. No moves burn enemies 100% percent of the time and there is a reason for that. The moves with the highest chance to burn are currently: Will-O-Wisp (75%) Inferno (50%) and Sacred Fire (47.5%)

pokeslayer197 said:
bacon said:

This is overpowered. No moves burn enemies 100% percent of the time and there is a reason for that. The moves with the highest chance to burn are currently: Will-O-Wisp (75%) Inferno (50%) and Sacred Fire (47.5%)
It has 40 base power while it isn't much, I think it should be dropped to like 20 though. similar to Knock Off and Rapid Spin.

pokeslayer197 said:
bacon said:

It has 40 base power while it isn't much, I think it should be dropped to like 20 though. similar to Knock Off and Rapid Spin.

Also, Scald 30%

Cooltrainer Alan said:
pokeslayer197 said:

pokeslayer197 said:

Also, Scald 30%

I was just counting the top three, I would still drop the chance to ~60% because I just can't see it being better than Will-O-Wisp.

Maybe something like this:

Move name: Incendiary Blast
type: Fire
move type(normal or special): Special (Does Not Makes Contact)
Power(if it is a stat-changing attack put ---): 30
Accuracy(--- if its a stat changing attack): 100
Effect: Incendiary Blast does damage and has a 60% chance of burning the target.
Description: The target is drenched with flammable goo. It may also leave the target with a burn.
PP: 20

Cooltrainer Alan said:
Move Name: Psyburst
type: Psychic
Special
Power:100
Accuracy:90
Effect: The user emits powerful psychic waves at all opponents. It may lower the foes special attack. (20%)

Move name: Lightning Smash (superpower spinoff)
type:Electric
Physical
Power: 120
Acc: 100
Effect: The user crushes the foe with a outbreak of electricty. The user's attack and defense drop.

Move name: Supercell
type: Electric
Special
Power: 70
Effect: The user attacks with a jolt of lightning. It starts to rain after this move is used.

Move name: Final Impact
type: Normal
Physical
Power: 230
Effect: The user uses all it's might to hit any opponent with a powerful move. The user loses all but 1 of it's HP. (lets give it to shedinja!)

Final Impact should be on Deoxy-A

Jolly Deoxys-A holding Choice Band Final Impact

154% - 181% on 4/0 Kyogre OHKO
68% - 80% on 252/252+ Groudon 2HKO
148% - 175% on 4/0 Mewtwo OHKO
186% - 219% on 4/0 Darkrai OHKO
149% - 176%on 0/0 Palkia OHKO
73% - 86% on 252/176+ Lugia 2HKO
51% - 60% on 252/0 Dialga 2HKO
134% - 158% on 0/0 Kyurem-W OHKO
618% - 727% on 0/0 Deoxys-A OVERKILL!!!
140% - 165% on 0/4 Reshiram OHKO

Needless to say, this would be awesome! And it can only be countered by faster 'mons and ghosts.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
bacon said:
Why do you think it is OP, though?

Because, if it were stacked with a Pressure user, in a matter of 3-5 turns almost every good attack in the game would have no PP left in 1 move. In WiFi, where most people don't have Max PP, 1Stone Edge would equal using 5, 2 Ice Beam=10,3 Tbolt=15.

Yes, however this mandates you to switch to a Pressure user. Therefore it takes two turns and a predictable switch-in to successfully pull off the scenario you have highlighted. Inflation is, purposefully, a strong field effect. However I do not think the situation you have highlighted immediately makes it OP. As an aside, if players do not run Max PP on their moves, then that is their loss. It's an easy preparation to make, after all.

Regardless though, moves cannot be separated from the Pokemon that learn them. Shell Smash on Garchomp is broken, Shell Smash on Cloyster is not. If Inflation was OP for standard Pokemon, it could instead be reserved entirely for more obscure Pokemon such as Wigglytuff and Drifblim who otherwise wouldn't see any competitive use. So I don't really get why anybody in this thread at all is claiming "X is broken because Y", as we are not discussing the Pokemon who learn the attacks, only the attacks themselves.

pokeslayer197 said:
bacon said:

Note that the Poison typing allows for Steel Pokemon to switch in with no risk of a burn, a substantial advantage Will-o-Wisp has over it. Every team carries around about 2 Fire or Steel Pokemon, meaning a third of the typical team is actually immune (more or less) to Belch. That's not even counting other Pokemon such as Blissey, Starmie, and Reuniclus who do not care about the Burn status.

In response to other posts, the base power is negligible. 40 Base on Poison is not dealing any significant damage. The main reasons it has a base power at all is the immunity from Taunt and Prankster, which separates it from Will-o-Wisp.

Metalizard said:
bacon said:
Move name: Shell Stack
Type: Water
Move type: Effect
Accuracy: ---
Effect: Raises the user's Speed, Defence and Special Defence by one stage. Lowers the user's Attack and Special Attack by one stage.

I see... Shell Smash reversed. Except raising the user's Speed doesn't make sense in this case.

Heh yeah, change the name as you please. The main thing is to have a move which raises defenses simultaneously with Speed.

bacon said:
Cooltrainer Alan said:
pokeslayer197 said:

Note that the Poison typing allows for Steel Pokemon to switch in with no risk of a burn, a substantial advantage Will-o-Wisp has over it. Every team carries around about 2 Fire or Steel Pokemon, meaning a third of the typical team is actually immune (more or less) to Belch. That's not even counting other Pokemon such as Blissey, Starmie, and Reuniclus who do not care about the Burn status.

In response to other posts, the base power is negligible. 40 Base on Poison is not dealing any significant damage. The main reasons it has a base power at all is the immunity from Taunt and Prankster, which separates it from Will-o-Wisp.

Burn is meant to cripple physical attackers. Almost no good physical attackers are steel or fire (that are legal) since steel is bad offensively and fire gets killed by stealth rock and has to use flare blitz or fire punch as stab. So, it destroys all good physical sweepers (Except for Infernape, Lucario, Metagross, Scizor, Excadrill and speed boost Blaziken).

Yes, but that fact doesn't negate the fact that Belch is easier to switch into. Burn in general stops most physical sweepers. Will-o-Wisp is actually more pronounced at this for its ability to hit Scizor, Genesect and Jirachi. Burn damage is also critical for wearing down walls, which are predominantly Steel typed.

bacon said:
Yes, but that fact doesn't negate the fact that Belch is easier to switch into. Burn in general stops most physical sweepers. Will-o-Wisp is actually more pronounced at this for its ability to hit Scizor, Genesect and Jirachi. Burn damage is also critical for wearing down walls, which are predominantly Steel typed.

Walls don't mind being burned as much as physical sweepers. Also if you're doing VGC than Jirachi and Genesect are banned, and if your using smogon the only physical move most genesect carry is U-Turn. Besides it still renders most good physical sweepers useless and lacks Will-O-Wisp unreliability

"Walls don't mind being burned as much as physical sweepers."

Although true, it's still a big deal to burn a wall. Losing 12.5% of HP per turn is devastating.

"Also if you're doing VGC than Jirachi and Genesect are banned, and if your using smogon the only physical move most genesect carry is U-Turn."

Then replace Jirachi and Genesect with Metagross and Bronzong if we want to talk VGC. Steel Pokemon are common in every metagame, and in VGC you are actually more likely to run into items such as Lum Berry.

U-turn is, bar none, Genesect's most important move and wearing it down with any form of residual damage is paramount to defeating it. No OU player can dispute that.

The main differences between Belch and Will-o-Wisp are that the former cannot be Taunted and has 100% accuracy, while the latter can hit Steel Pokemon at the expense of 75% accuracy. There are other small differences too (Belch can hit through Magic Bounce, Will-o-Wisp gets priority on Prankster Sableye). Belch is the better move, which is why I mentioned it as an aid to the dying stall playstyle, but I do not think by any margin significant enough to push it over the edge.

As I mentioned before though, saying "X is broken because of Y" is meaningless because it utterly depends on the Pokemon which learn the moves. I'd rather not continue with this discussion any more as it's gotten to the point where we are hijacking the thread, so let's agree to disagree.

OK :). I've been thinking that Dark needs a powerful attack so...

Move name: Shadow Flare
type: Dark
Power(if it is a stat-changing attack put ---): 120
Accuracy(--- if its a stat changing attack): 85
Effect: Shadow Flare damages the target and has a 10% chance of raising the user's Special Attack one stage.
Description: The user attacks with an intense blast of darkness. The user may use any remaining power to raise its Sp. Atk stat.
PP: 5

pokeslayer197 said:

Effect: Shadow Flare damages the target and has a 10% chance of raising the user's Special Attack one stage.
Description: The user attacks with an intense blast of darkness. The user may use any remaining power to raise its Sp. Atk stat.

Doesn't Zoroark have Night Daze? Although it isn't exactly powerful, it is very close to this. :)

Hydro Cannon said:
pokeslayer197 said:

Doesn't Zoroark have Night Daze? Although it isn't exactly powerful, it is very close to this. :)

Well, I was trying to make a powerful Dark move since the current highest is Night Daze (Foul Play doesn't count) with 85 power (80.75 factoring in accuracy). And there are some notable differences, night daze has a 40% chance to reduce accuracy instead of a 10% chance to raise Sp.A. In my mind its more like Fire Blast or Seed Flare... Not very original tho...

Move name: Poison Heal
Move Type: Special
Power:---
Accuracy:---
Effect: The user uses a poison energy to restore all HP and cure any status ailment, but it badly poisons the user and there is a problability that the user might take recoil damage.

Oh and i forgot to mension this move is learned by a legendary fakemon i will make in the future, when i do, ill place a link.

Back