Discussion Counters for Tapu Bulu?

Volcanion... I don't think so. Vika/Bulu is faster.

Gardevoir GX maybe, but with Nature's Judgement's energy discarding it is still difficult for Gardevoir to OHKO Bulu.

I think Metagross is the best Vika/Bulu counter (almost never a OHKO unless you play 2 Flying Flip's with Tapu Koko and then start with Nature's Judgement + Choice band and Max potions make that even harder), maybe Alolan Ninetales (GX and non-GX).

And indeed Garbotoxin of course, but that could be Field Blower'ed away or Guzma'd. If a Bulu player has like 3 turns without Garbotoxin, that's already 6 extra energy... Garbodor is OHKO without discarding energy, Espeon/Drampa are OHKO with (Espeon) or even without choice band (Drampa).

The semi-rogue Necrozma / Garb / Koko / Espeon-EX deck that my testing partner and I are refining does pretty well against Bulu. I'll try to capture a video of that matchup sometime soon. It basically plays similar to the most recent Volc matchup video I released.

Good counter I know for sure would be quad sylveon as I havent dropped a match yet to it. Max Potion and a timely plea usually seal the game.

Good counter I know for sure would be quad sylveon as I havent dropped a match yet to it. Max Potion and a timely plea usually seal the game.

I kinda think you're not running into people who know how to play Bulu very well then... Unless you max potion after every Koko Spread, every time they get a real attack in they get a KO. Recovering energy is literally in the DNA of the deck and they have to be seriously messing up if they dump all their resources for re-establishing Vikavolt before you've GX'd.

Well usually goes as i go 2nd..either by my choice or theirs.. first turn they cant attack...my 1st turn i magical ribbon for 3 peices of 4 card combo leave them top decking.4 out of 5 games i started with one peice. Turn 2 after they attack ince i play combo and magical ribbon for fairy energy, max potion and energy denial or whatever good pending their board state

Ah, the 4-card combo. Yeah, that's painful if they can't find an N. It's been a long time since I faced a good Sylveon player - honestly don't remember the details the way I'm sure you do, but I never considered it a bad matchup.

I wonder how the matchup goes with my current Necro/Garb/Koko deck... probably not good for me.

It's not easy with Greninja, as most of the Greninja's have Grass weakness, so with Nature's Judgement of 120 it's always a OHKO, no need to discard energies. So if you shut down abilities, it doesn't have to be such a big problem.

Back