Discussion Could Virizion Genesect make a comeback?

RedDistrict6

Aspiring Trainer
Could Virizion Genesect make a comeback? It has relitavly good matchups against everything and it's only bad machup is vespiqueen flareon, which could be resolved with a 1-1 maxie's archeops line.

I really think it would be totally dependent on the build of Genesect. It's a great deck, and will royally mess up any Toad Variant, Night March is a hard counter as well, unless you as the genesect play focuses on the snipe damage. But in all reality, and in comparison to decks in this expanded meta are very quick to setup the OHKOS, and Genesect is not normally setup for a G Booster till T3, and that's IF your virizion manages to stay in play long enough to get a good setup on your benched Genesects. You do get ALOT of utility with the plasma support, and the fact that you can catcher up pokemon with Genesects ability. Overall, I personally think it could be a strong deck with the right build, maybe something with max elixirs in addition to plasmas and virizions attack, but its performance will be totally dependent on the Build, The Meta it is in, and most importantly the pilot behind the deck knowing what to play and when.

I really think it would be totally dependent on the build of Genesect. It's a great deck, and will royally mess up any Toad Variant, Night March is a hard counter as well, unless you as the genesect play focuses on the snipe damage. But in all reality, and in comparison to decks in this expanded meta are very quick to setup the OHKOS, and Genesect is not normally setup for a G Booster till T3, and that's IF your virizion manages to stay in play long enough to get a good setup on your benched Genesects. You do get ALOT of utility with the plasma support, and the fact that you can catcher up pokemon with Genesects ability. Overall, I personally think it could be a strong deck with the right build, maybe something with max elixirs in addition to plasmas and virizions attack, but its performance will be totally dependent on the Build, The Meta it is in, and most importantly the pilot behind the deck knowing what to play and when.
I couldn't agree more, I have been testing it with a Archeops and Maxie's and it really helps out against vespiqueen, Maybe a way to beat it would be to tech in a Jolteon EX with the pyroar attack from the generations set.

The problem with Virizion Genesect is all in Turn 1 and 2. Seismitoad decks are able to crushing hammer or flare grunt your Virizion-EX, and you'll never get that emerald slash going. Also, 1-1 Archeops does not solve VespiFlareon. They have the energy evolution eevee, as well as Hex Maniac, and possibly Gallade. So by no means is that an autowin.

Ultimately, since you attack with your EXs and other decks can OHKO you with a Non EX, the deck won't be good. :(

I've been playing a version of this on TCG one. I don't use any plasma energy, but I use Max Elixer/Energy Switch/Skyarrow Bridge. The deck isn't perfect (particularly against fire) but it's fairly easy to get things powered up out of nowhere and I win more times than not.

It did, it made top 8 at regionals this past weekend. The issue with not playing plasma energy is it makes your primal groudon matchups infinitely harder as you have no way to get them out early to pressure them.

Back