• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Cosmic Warriors (Lunala GX/Solgaleo GX/Malamar)

Kyle Brewer

YT Channel on Home Page of my profile :D
4x Cosmog
2x Cosmoem
2x Lunala GX (SM 103)
2x Solgaleo GX (SM 104)
2x Hoopa (54/131)
1x Lunala Prism Star
3x Inkay
3x Malamar (Psychic Recharge)
=19 Pokémon
1x Sky Pillar
3x Rare Candy
4x Choice Band
3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
2x Tate and Liza
2x Enhanced Hammer
2x Mysterious Treasure
2x Ultra Ball
2x Acro Bike
2x Judge
1x Pokémon Fan Club
1x Field Blower
=28 Trainers
3x DCE
10x Psychic Energy
=13 Energy

Deck Analysis:
Lunala GX and Solgaleo GX:

This deck features the new Lunala GX and Solgaleo GX from the box sets. Solgaleo GX is the star in this deck with Lunala GX as a heavy back up attacker. Solgaleo Gx (a stage 2) has 250 HP with an attack, Turbo Strike, for a DCE, does 120 and allows you to take two energy from your discard pile an attach them to one of your Benched Pokémon. With a healing GX attack for the same energy cost, that heals all of your Pokémon. Pretty impressive to me. Lunala GX as your back up that you will power up on the bench while using Solgaleo's Turbo Strike. Lunala GX (stage 2) has 230 HP with an attack for a DCE that does 50. Not really anything to write home about but the second attack is where it's at. For 2 Psychic and a DCE, Lunar Javelin does 200 and discards two Psychic Energy from Lunala GX. Add a choice band, and this OHKO's Zoroark GX. Lunala GX's GX attack is pretty powerful as well. 3 Psychic and a colorless for 250 with no repercussions. Plus, no retreat cost.

Other Pokémon:
Hoopa is in here to use Hyperspace Ring to pull out Rare Candies for one Psychic energy. Lunala Prism Star is here for a powerful but costly attacker, as well as using Full Moon Star which allows you to attack a Psychic energy from your discard pile to your Pokémon in anyway you like, for each of your opponents Pokémon in play. Malamar is here for replacing the Psychic energy used for Lunar Javelin.

Trainers are pretty standard, Sky Pillar is for protection and Enhanced Hammer stops Zoroark GX from OHKO'ing Lunala GX without having Solgaleo GX out.

I hope everyone enjoys this list, it isn't play tested yet but I feel this deck could be great. It seems like it would take a few turns to get going but once it does it seems unstoppable. If anyone has any opinions on this and maybe some changes, please post them in the comments!

How do you plan to beat GasKan with the deck? That's my biggest concern: it's too slow for that (and for BuzzGarbShrine, which it matches up against better, but still can't OHKO with Solgaleo, and Weavile still wreaks havoc on it).

What's GasKan? Also, I haven't play tested it yet. Plus, just a fun deck to play other than the no originality top tier decks. I'm sorry but top tier decks are not fun to play. I'm not sure if this deck will work against those but we will see. If it doesn't, I'm over it. I play for fun honestly

Understood. GasKan is the Malamar/Marshadow GX deck that won Memphis (http://limitlesstcg.com/tournaments/?id=118&show=lists) for Daniel Altavilla, and second in Philadelphia (http://limitlesstcg.com/decks/?list=1308) for Rukan Shao (who created it).

It does look like an interesting deck, just probably not quite fast enough. I'd swap over to Lillies for draw supporters, at least instead of the Tate and Lizas (you don't need their Switch ability after all) and instead of fan club, plus add some nest balls. It also seems a bit energy heavy - maybe 8 psychic energy instead of 10?

Good thoughts! I'll see if that works. I know it'll be clunky but I hope it's going to be strong enough once it gets going to win.

Back