Finished Convicted 3 - (Murder/Mystery Roleplaying Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[me] So, when's chapter 3?
It's pretty much done, but I won't post it until tomorrow because today's been a really long day and I'll read over it again when I'm not tired, i.e tomorrow ^.^

EDIT: Cmon, dude, didn't you have enough of ninja'ing me in the old site? >.>
Yes, like my dear co-host said, he pretty much wrote it.

Sorry I didn't post this yesterday like I said I would, yesterday became a busy day somehow >.>

Chapter 3

Togepi bent down and picked up the knife lying on the ground in front of him.

"Guys, take a look at this," Togepi began, "this is a pretty small blade, wouldn't you agree? And this blood on it seems awfully dry..." Togepi said as he ran his finger over the red substance spread down the steel. He then picked up Vileplume's flower, still severed from her head. He began trying to cut one of the petals off, but it took a few minutes and required quite a lot of work.

"How could one possibly have killed Vileplume as quickly as they did with this measly little knife?" he asked to the crowd, though he got no response. He turned his head and looked directly at the previously quiet Excadrill, who had somehow appeared out of nowhere and was suddenly looking extremely uncomfortable.

"You, show me that claw," Togepi stated confidently. The Excadrill refused to do so, so Togepi pulled out a gun and held it to the mole's throat. Excadrill proceeded to open one of his hands, revealing a stain of red in his claws.

Togepi grunted confidently. "There," he smirked, “Hedron used Hidden Power Electric to take out the lights for just enough time to kill our dear Vileplume here, and planted this knife near the most murderous Pokémon in the room. Well, you chose the wrong Togepi to mess with!" Togepi then proceeded to pull out a pair of handcuffs, to confine the engineer to a compartment.

“Oh, for goodness sake, Togepi!” said an exasperated Empoleon behind him. “Just quit it with your ‘hero’ business. You might be the security guard and all, but that doesn’t mean you’ll get the murderer after the first murder. Not everyone thinks like you - after all, our mothers kept us safe from poisonous plants.”

Togepi made a sharp intake of breath. That deplorable Pokémon had hit the only soft spot of his life. “Now you, insolent steel-penguin abomination, have stepped over that very, very thin line,” Togepi said very slowly, over-articulating every syllable to create fear in Empoleon’s heart (without much success, it must be said), and then whirled around to face the offending Pokémon. The Spike Ball Pokémon cocked his gun, aimed it at the famous explorer and started speaking dangerously soft. “One wrong move and I fire. Tell me exactly how you know about my past.”

“Okay, okay, that’s enough,” said Electivire, finally stepping in. Electivire aimed an Electro Ball at the gun, short-circuiting and disabling it. Togepi glared at the Electric Pokémon. Someone’s smothered chuckle did not go unheard. Electivire scowled at the direction of the noise. “Togepi, we do not need any more murders tonight. Staff, you’ve got tasks set. Go do them. Passengers, go about doing whatever passengers do, we’ll leave shortly despite the murder. We’ve a schedule to fulfill. And yes, Togepi, I will replace your gun free of charge. So don’t ask.”

The train departed shortly after this episode, with Vileplume’s body still in it. Like Electivire had said, they had to fulfill a schedule, and a simple murder of someone no one liked anyway wasn’t going to change that. So, everyone went to relax in their rooms.

When the night came, however, in an unlit section of the train, a door creaked open. Gertrude the Gengar entered, silently closing the door behind her through some ghostly force. Darkness flooded the room.

“Hmph. Too dark for me,” Gertrude mumbled.

Purple Will-o-Wisps appeared, projecting eerie shadows onto the carpet floor of the room. To the right was an ancient oak bed frame; while to the left was a fireplace, a pile of ashes suggesting its recent usage. A bronze chandelier dangled precariously from the ceiling, rocking back and forth as the train rumbled along its tracks. Gertrude noticed a candle chandelier and lifted her finger slightly, directing the Will-o-Wisps towards the candles, lighting them.

“Perfect,” she said. “Now, time to commence my investigations.”

The Shadow Pokémon began inspecting under the oak bed frame. After a few minutes of fruitless search, Gertrude rose from her crouched position, dust covering her face. She turned towards a bookcase near the fireplace, but suddenly turned back. A glimmer had caught her eye.

“Hmm?” mumbled Gertrude. “What do we have here?” Gertrude picked up the glimmering object - a book - and inspected the brown cover.

The passengers and staff swarmed into the dining car for dinner that night. Some were still somewhat shocked by the recent events, while some had kept nerves of steel since the beginning.

“Hmmmmm?” said Gardevoir. “Where’s Gertrude? She’s late.”

“Gwah ha ha! I hope she’s not doing any kind of unacceptable ghostly thing! Brooks commented.

At that moment, Gerturde walked into the cart, but she seemed different somehow. More...shadowy.

“Looking for me?” she asked.

“As a matter fact,” Togepi started, “Yes. Would you mind explaining why you are late?”

“Yes, I would mind.”

“Oh really? Do we need to force you?”

Gerturde sighed. “Well, for what it is worth, I was investigating Vileplume’s room.”

“And why would that be?” the egg piped up. “Nothing unsuspicious, I doubt.”

“I simply was looking for evidence of the murder,” Gengar started. She turned towards Togepi. “Is that a problem for you?”

“Oh no, no. Of course not.”

Gertrude decided to change the subject. “Can you pass me a scone, Gardy?”

“Sure.” Gardevoir passed a previously untouched silver platter of fluffy scones to Gertrude, and she took one and popped into her mouth.

“This…tastes very sweet,” commented the Shadow Pokémon. “Is that normal?”

“Certainly not, mademoiselle!” stuttered Scizor. “Those pumpkin scones were made savoury. No sugar added. Would you like a replacement?”

“No, I’m fine, thank you,” replied the Gengar. “A decent chef would have got it perfect first time, anyway.”

Scizor didn’t know in what way to take that remark.

Suddenly, a loud crash was heard at the far end of the dining car. A statue had mysteriously toppled and broken into five defined pieces.

“I’ll go and clean that up,” Seir mumbled.

Electivire suddenly made an appearance, much to the surprise of everyone. “Alright, everyone, I’ve left enough coal in the machine to be able to leave it alone for a day. So now that I’m here, we can-” He didn’t finish his sentence, and when he spoke, he was muttering and as pale as a ghost. “L-l-look at G-G-Gertrude!”

All eyes turned to the Shadow Pokémon. Gertrude’s eyes were wide, as if she’d ironically seen a ghost. Gertrude shuddered. And then she dissipated into thousands of ghostly particles. And, as soon as the phenomenon began, she vanished. All traces of a body… gone.

Everyone was speechless. Not even Empoleon or Togepi said anything.

Gardevoir left for the kitchen, clutching her mouth. A loud, nerve-racking noise could be heard from the kitchen as the Embrace Pokémon ejected her dinner into a sink.

“Disgusting,” Togepi commented as he raised. “See! It was Excadrill - before, Vileplume, and now, Gertrude!” accused the guard. “It looks like that good-for-nothing engineer is the literal mole of this entire scheme.”

“And why exactly do you accuse me, of all Pokémon here?” queried Excadrill.

Just before Togepi could answer, Gardevoir ran back from the kitchen and passed Empoleon of rosemary-scented cleaning agent.

“I know how Gertrude was killed!” exclaimed Empoleon. He started waving said bottle. “See this? Gertrude is a Ghost Pokémon, right? Rosemary is particularly toxic for ghosts, if you ever read your folklore. In my many trips, I learned that Rosemary, in combination with this agent-”

“So… you’re saying someone poisoned those scones with the cleaning agent?” questioned Togepi.

“That theory is not plausible,” Brooks said defiantly, rising quickly from his seat. “Gertrude would have noticed the odd taste of the agent - cleaners don’t taste sweet.”

“And how would you know?” Empoleon confronted. “You’d only know for sure if you’d actually tasted the agent.”

Blushing of embarrassment, Brooks retreated back to his/her seat.

Meanwhile, Togepi was getting particularly fumed. “As I was saying before that purging Empoleon interrupted again,” Togepi continued, “Excadrill obviously murdered Gertrude. After all, all he needed to do was use his super-effective Shadow Claw to slice Gertrude to bits while you unobservant people weren’t looking! Any objections?” The last two words were coated with a sly tone. Excadrill, not the brightest Pokémon in the room, looked very confused. “No? Good. Now let’s remove Excadrill from this train.”

“Wait! Excadrill has nothing to do with the murder! Or with the lights, at least,” interrupted Seir, who had just finished cleaning the broken statue.

“Oh yeah? And how would you know that, pal?” Doubted Togepi.

“Tell him, Lil.”

Lilligant stood up from her seat and looked at Seir, Seir nodded, and then she looked at Togepi.

“We found Gears unconscious in the compartment back there,” she began. “It looks like he has been messing with the train’s illumination system, which explains the blackout from earlier.”

“Oh, Gears. Him, yet again,” complained the annoyed security guard. “Anyways, Hedron. I can’t say I didn’t appreciate working with you, but I can’t say I did, either. Either way, you’re out of this train, by one way or another, unless you have an argument to try and save your life,” Togepi told him, aiming his gun at him again.

Death(s): Gertrude the Gengar
Accused: Hedron the Exadrill

@Vracken , you have 3 days to submit your alibi! Please remember to PM both me and bbninjas! ^.^

You guys can thank @Celever for the spoiler, and @bbninjas for basically the whole chapter :)

Last edited:
wow i missed so much stuff in here i just got back from nationals!

also i would believe that nidoking would be in the first class cabin seeing as how he is the richest pokemon in the world. the body should be put in a storage compartment somewhere so no one can get to it without electivire's consent!

also, not sure if this question is stupid or not but can there be multiple murderers or is it all just 1 person?

Last edited by a moderator:
also i would believe that nidoking would be in the first class cabin seeing as how he is the richest pokemon in the world. the body should be put in a storage compartment somewhere so no one can get to it without electivire's consent!
"Well, as the security guard I formally kick you out. We've got a spare standard class cabin, and we're not willing to maintain our first class luxuries in a time of crisis. Please understand."
also, not sure if this question is stupid or not but can there be multiple murderers or is it all just 1 person?
It's all one person.

[Lilligant] Gardevoir... I'm going to follow your lead. Give me a minute or two. *Rushes to a washroom and throws up*

[Aquamarine] One must question why the Gengar was killed in the first place. If this is murder, like the Empoleon says it is, then whoever is doing this is probably going to try to kill all of us. Everyone, be on your guard.

[Oyuki] Ah! what happened? I looked away... who's doing this? Why are they doing this?

[me] Wow, I wasn't expecting Gengar to die.

Btw guys, since this is Chapter 3, you can now start dying guessing! Yay! :D
You all have 3 days from now to submit a guess. Remember you need to provide reasoning (you can't take a lucky guess) and explain how some/all of the murders happened. If no one submits a guess by then, the chapter will be posted as normal.

"Well, as the security guard I formally kick you out. We've got a spare standard class cabin, and we're not willing to maintain our first class luxuries in a time of crisis. Please understand."

It's all one person.
Nidoking is furios that his first class room has been taken away. so, he slips togepi 100,000 pokedollars to make sure his room is returned to him by nightfall.

"Ha, grown weak in wealth huh Big Boss? I was wondering why you hadn't bought any guards, now I really want to know why. If it were me, I would just beat the egg until he relents, like you used to do with anyone who messed with you"

Nidoking is furios that his first class room has been taken away. so, he slips togepi 100,000 pokedollars to make sure his room is returned to him by nightfall.
"Hah, you think money's gonna buy anything from me? I get paid more than that just for standing around with a gun."
"Ha, grown weak in wealth huh Big Boss? I was wondering why you hadn't bought any guards, now I really want to know why. If it were me, I would just beat the egg until he relents, like you used to do with anyone who messed with you"
"You think you can take me on, boy? Come find me later, I'll show you a real fight."

"Oh please, you couldn't take me if I were blind, tied up and you were wearing a fireproof suit, now leave, you BORE me"

"Oh please, you couldn't take me if I were blind, tied up and you were wearing a fireproof suit, now leave, you BORE me"
"You think you're tough, huh? Well, answer this!"
Togepi reaches inside his shell and grabs a grenade. He pulls out the pin and then rushes for the door of the carriage.

(I like how none of our roleplay will be used in the actual chapter, JS :p)

[Lilligant] *Runs into the room and covers the grenade in a think layer of Petals so the explosion does nothing.* Honestly, guys? We need to be figuring out who's murdering people, not murder more people. Now, outside of these poisoned scones, I'm sure we can enjoy the rest of dinner.

[Aquamarine] If there were any better reason for me to be off this train, I would be. But, I need to find out the truth. Even if it means being on a train with a Psychotic Togepi and a Murderer.

[Oyuki] *runs for the door* Lilligant saved us! *Sighs dreamily* But... *Thinks* Who is capable of double murder? While, outside of Togepi... *Pulls Paper, Ink Well, and Quill out of her bag* Let's see... *Holds the Quill with her tail, dips it in ink, and begins writing*

[What She's written]
Victim 1: Vileplume
Method of death: Slashing
Evidence: Knife left next to body [Too small to have done the job]

Pokemon capable of commiting murder and then dropping small knife covered in blood:
Fully capable:
Excadrill
Scizor
Gallade
Nidoking

Somewhat Capable:
Aulus
Gardevoir
Blastoise
Empoleon
Electivire
Klinklang [Through Electromagnetism]
Meowstic
Houndoom

Seemingly incapable:
Me
Lilligant
Togepi

Victim 2: Gengar
Method of death: Unsure
Evidence: Bottle of Poison

Pokemon capable:
Unsure

nidoking hasnt grown soft he has grown smart he knows how to get the job done. he also knows that there is more than 1 way to get what he wants. if togepi cant be bribed perhaps he can be blackmailed. or maybe little humpty dumpty will fall off a wall!

O also @Vracken you would not mind me playing your NPC would you?
you will need to ask @Vom or @bbninjas

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back