1. When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Convenience for the Community (A list of Standard Budget Decks)

Discussion in 'PTCG Deck Garage' started by AFEX, Sep 21, 2017.

1. AFEX Eon Duo Rules!
    AFEX

Hm, not currently.

2. PokemonTCGLover Aspiring Trainer
    PokemonTCGLover

Is there a drampa/garb list without lele? I've got a few lying around so it might be more convenient than getting 4 new alolan ninetales.

3. FrostBiter12 Upcoming Worlds Competitor
    FrostBiter12

I don't think there currently is a Drampa GX/Garbodor list here, but I can whip up something at for the moment (it won't include prices, I'll add them later).

Pokémon*14

Trubbish*4 BKP
    Garbodor*2 GRI
    Garbodor*2 BKP
    Drampa GX*2 GRI
    Eevee*1 SUM
    Espeon GX*1 SUM
    Hoopa*1 STS (spread damage)
    Shining Jirachi*1 SHL (or Espeon EX BKP)

Trainer*33

Prof. Sycamore*4 BKP
    N*4 FCO
    Guzma*3 BUS
    Brigette*2 BKT
    Acerola*2 BUS
    Ultra Ball*4 SUM
    Rescue Stretcher*1 GRI
    Field Blower*3 GRI
    Choice Band*4 GRI
    Float Stone*4 BKT
    Po Town*4 BUS

Energy*13

Psychic Energy*9 SUM
    Double Colorless Energy*4 SUM

Total # of Cards: 60

This is just a rough draft of the Drampa GX/Garbodor deck similar to my own list, so feel free to edit it as you please. If you want, @AFEX, you can put this list up with the others. It is relatively cheap without Tapu Lele GX and I'll price it sooner or later. Anyways, I hope this helps @PokemonTCGLover, just let me know what you think and if you need anything else. Thanks!

4. PokemonTCGLover Aspiring Trainer
    PokemonTCGLover

Thanks! Ill test it out and see how it does (after building it of course)

FrostBiter12 likes this.
  5. pikachuuuu101

See list of decks to build, top page 6

FrostBiter12 likes this.
  6. FrostBiter12 Upcoming Worlds Competitor
    FrostBiter12

Cool, thanks for pointing these out, @pikachuuuu101, I'll get to work on a few of them as soon as I can. Thanks!

7. pikachuuuu101

Is it better for me to work on deck building or formatting?

8. FrostBiter12 Upcoming Worlds Competitor
    FrostBiter12

Whichever you prefer! We're always in need of deck lists and formatting helps just as much, so feel free to pick and choose what you'd like to do!

9. pikachuuuu101

Going to check on the codes...

10. pikachuuuu101

Code:
     [spoiler] hi! [/spoiler] 
    [spoiler] hi! [/spoiler]
    Checking to see if this works
    Yay!!!

11. SmiteKnight *trumpeting intensifies*
    SmiteKnight

@AFEX, just wondering, when should my Delphox Break deck be expected to put up. Take your time, though, I don’t want to rush. Have a Good Day/Night!

12. PokemonTCGLover Aspiring Trainer
    PokemonTCGLover

I have come up with a Slowbro from BUS deck, not very good with prices sorry.

If you dont know already, Slowking (BUS) is a Psychic-type 120HP Pokemon which has 2 attacks. Its first attack, for one Psychic energy, allows you to search your deck for a card and put it into your hand. Although not really relevant, it can be good for early-game setup (even though your opponent can N it away). The second attack does 110 damage and says, if you have no cards in your hand, ignore all energy in this attack's cost. The goal of this deck is to get all the cards out of your hand using ultra balls and plumerias, then attack for 110 FOR FREE, while piling on more damage with poison barb and free attackers like alolan rattata.

POKEMON 15

3× Slowking BUS
    3× Slowpoke BKP (Water type allows a different type weakness and to use opponent's Brooklet hill to your advantage)
    3× alolan rattata SUM
    4× Seviper BUS
    2× marshadow SHL

TRAINERS 42

4× Ilima (Cheaper N, can also replace with N)
    4× Lillie/Cynthia/Sycamore (you choose)
    4×ultra ball
    4× plumeria
    4×poison barb
    3×altar of the moone
    1×rescue stretcher
    4×enhanced hammer
    4×crushing hammer
    4×bursting balloon?
    2×field blower

ENERGY 7

7 Psychic Basic Energy (For first slowking attack and maybe seviper? Or replace 3 with Trainers of your choice.)

Thanks for reading! Please let me know how it does and any changes!

@AFEX, could you upload this to the main page? Thanks!

FrostBiter12 likes this.
  13. AFEX Eon Duo Rules!
    AFEX

OH! I thought I had, I'll put it up soon.

14. AFEX Eon Duo Rules!
    AFEX

Will do! Should be up in a few hours, to about 2 days.

15. PokemonTCGLover Aspiring Trainer
    PokemonTCGLover

16. PokemonTCGLover Aspiring Trainer
    PokemonTCGLover

Here is a deck based on a Pokemon from Ultra Prism, so it is not technically Standard...but it will be! Deck-testing has to be done with Japanese cards which I do not have.

If you don't know already, Luxray (ULTRA PRISM) is a Stage 2 Pokemon. The basic stage pokemon is Shinx, which has an ability that says, if you start second, you may evolve this pokemon on your first turn. After evolving, it becomes Luxio (ULP?), which has a move that does 30 damage for 1 colourless energy and says, your opponent cannot play any Item cards from their hand during their next turn. Luxray itself has an ability that says if it takes 30 less damage from attacks. Its attack , for one colourless energy and 2 lightning energy, says discard all lightning energy from this Pokemon to do 150 damage to one of your opponent's pokemon. Better than that, it has free retreat! The goal of this deck is to always go second (if your opponent chooses, he or she will almost always go first. However if you win the coin flip, choose to go second), in order to set up as many luxios and rare candy luxrays as possible (try for luxio first) Then hit for 30 until you win with item lock. Sometimes luxray can be a late game winner, striking a flying flipped tapu lele gx and KOing it for 2 prizes.

POKEMON 18

3× tapu koko flying flip
    4×Shinx ULP
    4× Luxio ULP
    3× Luxray
    2× tapu koko gx
    2×marshadow SHL

TRAINERS 30

4× Sycamore/Cynthia/ Shauna
    3×Ilima/N
    2×Rescue Stretcher/Super Rod
    4×ultra ball
    3×rare candy
    4×nest ball
    2×PFC/Brigette
    2×guzma
    3×evosoda
    3×random receiver

ENERGY 12

4×DCE
    8×Lightning Basic Energy

Thank you for reading! This deck has 0 deck-testing due to the lack of japanese-reading skills. Please test it out!(the English set has not been released so japanese cards are the only option...)

I hope it's not too much trouble for you, @AFEX, but could you upload this to the main page too? Thanks!

17. Attix Ethiopian Toilet Seat
    Attix

Was messing around with stuff I had lying around in the TCG Online (haven't used it in a while) and somehow managed to find a Lele-less formula that worked. So I analyzed it and came up with additions and improvements based on prior knowledge; here is my "Shatter Shotgun" deck:

Note: Prices from TCGPlayer. Prices are that of all copies together.
    Pokemon (18)
    4 Cosmog SUM ($0.56)
    4 Cosmoem SUM ($1.36)
    2 Lunala GRI ($0.32)
    2 Lunala GX SUM ($4.94)
    2 Rayquaza GRI ($0.52)
    2 Drampa GRI ($0.50)
    2 Mewtwo EVO ($0.76)

Trainers (30)
    4 Ultra Ball SUM ($1.64)
    4 Nest Ball SUM ($0.92)
    4 Choice Band GRI ($3.04)
    2 Energy Retrieval SUM ($0.20)
    2 Field Blower GRI ($0.52)
    2 Evosoda GEN ($2.90)
    2 Rare Candy SUM ($1.82)
    2 Energy Recycler GRI ($0.20)
    2 N FCO ($7.16)
    2 Shauna FCO ($0.32)
    2 Guzma BUS ($3.92)
    2 Altar of the Moone GRI ($0.26)

Energy (12)
    8 Psychic ($0.80)
    4 Double Colorless SUM ($2.40)

Total Cost: $35.06

Really cheap, but this thing can rip apart GX-reliant decks if played right through sheer, raw power alone.
    • The main goal of this deck is to get a Lunala GRI onto the field with four or more energies, and preferably with a Choice Band in tow, and start ripping things apart with Shatter Shot. If you play the other cards right, you can easily get 200+ damage per turn. If it's about to die, use Wings of the Moone to dump energies onto a replacement or replacements, then if that turns out not to be the case, use Lunala GX's ability to put them back on (and maybe use it again, just in case).
    • Most cards in this deck revolve around energy efficiency. Lunala GX's ability lets you freely move Psychic energies around and can snipe the bench with Lunar Fall GX. Drampa can have either a Psychic or Double Colorless Energy shoved onto it, get some energies out quicker, then use its attack to pass an energy onto Lunala GRI. Mewtwo can stall for turns with Reflect and deal decent damage with Psychic. Rayquaza pulls energies out of the discard and can also be powered up with a Double Colorless.
    • This theme continues into the trainer cards. Nest Ball and Ultra Ball help pull out the required suspects (usually Cosmoem and/or Lunala) while Evosoda and Rare Candy make evolving faster. Energy Recycler pairs well with Drampa in that it can pull large amounts of energy out with just two cards.
    • N and Guzma are standard disruption, while Shauna helps patch up bad hands (but replace it with Cynthia once Ultra Prism comes out, since Cynthia's just plain better). Altar of the Moone helps lighten retreat costs.
    Basically, if you just want to overwhelm your opponent with damage that often doesn't even care about resistance (up to and including OHKOing Metagross GX), this Hidden Moon with Cranky's Blessing has you covered. It does frequently struggle with Dark decks depending on yours and your opponent's draws, but is nonetheless incredibly powerful for its price.

pikachuuuu101 likes this.
  18. TheAman Aspiring Trainer
    TheAman

For what it's worth, I just built the Ninetales deck that's on this thread, and it came out to $60 using TCGPlayer.

FrostBiter12 likes this.
  19. Attix Ethiopian Toilet Seat
    Attix

I was building the same deck and at one point pulled a Full Art Field Blower from a random booster pack, which I then traded for some deck components plus a couple Bulus. Definitely shaved a few bucks off my total cost :)

AFEX and FrostBiter12 like this.
  20. AFEX Eon Duo Rules!
    AFEX

GG