• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Convenience for the Community (A List of Standard Budget Decks)

True, but beginning players probably have some bulk cards, and bridgette could be in them and they might not know any better.

then just say in the decklist pokemon fan club/preferably brigette

Good idea, I'll try that. Sorry if I did happen to confuse anybody, I assumed that most people knew Brigette would be better. I'll make sure to put that in my lists from now on. Thanks for the suggestion @The Last Shaymin!

Edit: Just fixed all of the lists that include Pokémon Fan Club to also have... (preferably Brigette from BKT if you have one) ...I hope this helps, thanks!

Last edited:
You could run the promo shaymin from the generation elite box. It's ability heals 20 damage off all your benched pokemon, much easier than guzzlord or whatever
The deck works by putting damage counters on your benches pokemon, then attacking with aggron for huge damage. This deck also hits gardevoir. Guzzlord is just there to stack damage on.

Hello i'm new here.
What about this deck ? without lele, I put it because I have one but I don't use it so much

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Alolan Rattata SUM 76
* 3 Alolan Raticate BUS 82
* 3 Hoopa SLG 55
* 1 Mr. Mime BKT 97
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Remoraid BKT 32
* 1 Remoraid BKT 31
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N NVI 92
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 2 Reverse Valley BKP 110
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 7 Darkness Energy Energy 7
Total Cards - 60

Any suggestions ?

Hello i'm new here.
What about this deck ? without lele, I put it because I have one but I don't use it so much

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Alolan Rattata SUM 76
* 3 Alolan Raticate BUS 82
* 3 Hoopa SLG 55
* 1 Mr. Mime BKT 97
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Remoraid BKT 32
* 1 Remoraid BKT 31
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 N NVI 92
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 2 Ultra Ball FCO 113
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 2 Reverse Valley BKP 110
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 7 Darkness Energy Energy 7
Total Cards - 60

Any suggestions ?

That looks really good, we'll sub out lele for another Ultra Ball.

Apologies if a post like this is frowned upon. My 10-year old daughter is trying to get more into Pokemon. I feel like one thing that's been holding her back is that she really has only been playing with theme and battle decks, which don't allow her to really dive into the game. So I was hoping to get her a couple of budget decks for Christmas that could hold their own in a semi-competitive setting Here's the catch. She's still getting down all the strategy. She knows the rules, but she doesn't have a lot of the nuance down. So which of these decks would be best for something like that, and also would be fun for a 10 year old to play? Thanks guys.

Apologies if a post like this is frowned upon. My 10-year old daughter is trying to get more into Pokemon. I feel like one thing that's been holding her back is that she really has only been playing with theme and battle decks, which don't allow her to really dive into the game. So I was hoping to get her a couple of budget decks for Christmas that could hold their own in a semi-competitive setting Here's the catch. She's still getting down all the strategy. She knows the rules, but she doesn't have a lot of the nuance down. So which of these decks would be best for something like that, and also would be fun for a 10 year old to play? Thanks guys.
I would suggest Solgeleao/ Rayquaza, or Laparas GX
Solgaleo will get a cool new card in 2 more sets, so if she is willing to drop more money on the game, she can upgrade it, or she can stay with the same deck if she is not willing to pay that much

I agree with @pikachuuuu101 above, but if your looking for a simple deck that has a basic strategy, I'd suggest Golduck/Starmie or Tapu Bulu GX/Vikavolt.

Golduck/Starmie is easy to learn and play so it is great for beginners. It isn't very competitive though, so if your daughter is looking to get a little more competitive I wouldn't lean on it to much.

Tapu Bulu GX/Vikavolt is also a fun deck which has a lot of competitive potential. It can get a little pricy though and is a little tough to learn, but it works very well and has lots of room to grow if your daughter does decide to get a little more competitive.

Besides that, Solgaleo GX is a deck that will have a lot of competitive potential while still being cheep at the moment. If you do decide to go down this route, I advise you do so soon as the prices for these cards will go up after the next set is released (which I think is around mid February). If you do decide to buy cards (if you don't already know), I suggest you use TCGPlayer.com to do so. Their prices are some of the best and they are a reliable service. Deck lists for the decks mentioned above can be found on the front page here (if you don't already know).

I wish you and your daughter luck with Pokémon, I'm sure there are plenty of other people who would be happy to give their advice as well. I hope these suggestions help, good luck!

Welcome to the thread! I would have to agree with @pikachuuuu101, and no posts like your are not frowned upon, but they are supported HIGHLY!

In addition I would suggest these, Alolan Ninetales GX (easy set up, bench sniping is an easy concept to grasp).

Once your daughter gets a bit more experienced and wants something different perhaps I would suggest: Any Box Deck (Fighting Box, Water Box, Fairy Box, Marshadow Box, etc), Mills, and Metagross.

Thanks for asking! PM me @AFEX , @FrostBiter12, or @pikachuuuu101 if you have anymore questions!

Hey everyone, here is my Silvally GX/Fire list. If you don't already know, Silvally GX is a stage 1, 210 HP GX that evolve form Type: Null (a 110 basic). Silvally GX's ability gives each of your Basic Pokémon in play free retreat cost. Its first attack deals 120 damage and says "Attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokémon" for three [C] energy. Its seconded attack (which is its GX attack) deals 50 damage times the amount of your opponents benched Pokémon for three [C]. This acceleration combined the "Fire" power of cards like Volcanion EX and Turtonator GX can quickly overwhelm your opponent.

(prices are per individual card, not the combined duplicates' price, provided by TCGPlayer.com)

Pokémon*12

Volcanion*2 STS $1.00 (the league stamped version)
Volcanion EX*3 STS $4.00
Turtonator GX*1 GRI $2.55
Type: Null*2 CRI $7.00
Silvally GX*2 CRI $8.60 (the promo is $6.60)
Oranguru*2 SUM $2.45

Trainer*33

Professor Sycamore*4 BKP $1.35
N*3 DEX $4.10
Guzma*3 BUS $1.35
Lillie*2 SUM $0.15
Ultra Ball*4 FLF $0.25
Max Elixir*3 BKP $6.15
Field Blower*2 GRI $0.25
Rescue Stretcher*1 GRI $0.25
Super Rod*1 BKT $0.40
Enhanced Hammer*2 GRI $0.15
Choice Band*3 GRI $0.80
Psychic Memory*1 CRI$0.20
Fighting Memory*2 CRI $0.20
Scorched Earth*3 FCO $0.15

Energy*14

Fire Energy*14 SUM $0.10

Total # of cards: 60
Total price: $96.45 (using the promo Silvally GX)

Some personal card choices would be Enhanced Hammer (this card can help against matchups like Gardevoir GX and any other Special Energy reliant deck), Psychic Memory (can help Silvally GX OHKO Buzzwole GX), and Fighting Memory (can help Silvally GX OHKO Zoroark GX which is really popular right now.

This deck is realy expensive right now due to the price of Silvally GX and Type: Null. I think they will go down in price soon, but if they don't, you can remove the Type: Nulls and Silvally GXs and add in more Turtonator GXs, Volcanions (not the EX), and whatever else you like.

Anyways, besides the expensive price, I hope this helps. Thanks!

What About Trevenant Garb? I don’t have a list RN but I played it for a while and it worked quite well. Ill have a list up soon.

What About Trevenant Garb? I don’t have a list RN but I played it for a while and it worked quite well. Ill have a list up soon.
it is a very strange deck to play, with the fact that your opponent controls 90% of you damage output. It may work for you, but it has (from what I know ) a pretty high skill requirement

Hm, I agree with @pikachuuuu101 as it is very strange, your opponent does control your output like he said, that's just like I thought how Noctowl BREAK was gonna be godly, not an inch of play, lol.

It's not high skill at all, just a very situational kind of attack to use in something like a tourney.
It's chance of failure is pretty high, as well as a low damage output.
Probably would need a guaranteed secondary attacker like Tapu Koko, or Alolan Ninetales, Or ya know that kinda stuff.

Back