Discussion Confirmed Fake Rumor Catalog - Sun & Moon Edition [Games Out!]

Weren't the types for the final evos confirmed in a previous leak? I've thought of them as Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy for the longest time, but maybe that was just based on speculation and appearances alone.

Weren't the types for the final evos confirmed in a previous leak? I've thought of them as Fire/Dark and Water/Fairy for the longest time, but maybe that was just based on speculation and appearances alone.
Nope. That's what they are. Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, Water/Fairy.

Ok I was initially sceptical about this rumour (and I have no idea if the leak was proven fake or not) but thanks to the datamine we have something that could actually point to this.
Basically, in the Pokedex, there's a cloud puff and next to it is a sphere with a golden ring around it. They have the same colour scheme as Solgaleo and Lunala's heads (the purple/blue starry pattern). A lot of people assumed that one would evolve into Lunala and the other into Solgaleo, but in the dex order it goes Cloud Puff to Sphere With Ring then Solgaleo then Lunala - which wouldn't work if they were two different evolutionary families. However, it would work if Sphere With Ring could evolve into either Solgaleo OR Lunala (with Cloud Puff being the base form).
Of course we don't have any more info so we can't make any full judgements but it does look like it could be a real possibility now.

Ok update
So I was looking at the Alola Collection TCG boxes and....
the Lunala and Solgaleo GX cards actually show that they evolve from Cosmic Orb (which in itself very likely evolves from Cosmog).
So this pretty much confirms that we do indeed have evolving legendaries.

Back