Help Colourless Fire Attackers?

IronCow Tom

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I am building a Gardy deck (Standard) and need a good fire type attacker which attacks with colourless energy to counter Metagross GX. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I have my answer. I am keeping the page up if you still want to discuss.

Last edited:
The only things I can come up with are the various Charizard EX/GX cards which have very under-powered attacks (60-70 for 3ish energy), BUS Charmeleon hitting for 30 with 2, EVO Charmeleon hitting for 50 with 3, and FAC Delphox hitting for an unlimited scaling amount at 20x (but a stage 2).

Delphox might be a decent play, for either a 1-1-1 or even 1-0-1 line with Rare Candy. I've also thought about sticking a few delphox into a Ho-Oh deck for the GX lols (if only the Mystic Heart one were still standard-legal).

You could use Delphox as it would go to insane levels of damage with Gardevoir but that would be an other stage 2.
I don't know fire Pokemon almost always use fire energies, maybe the best solution would be to add rainbow energies and a fire pokemon that doesn't use to many fire energies or a pokemon that isn't weak to metal so that it can fight Metagross.

Each deck has an auto loss, and Gardevoir's is Metagross. You are better off leaving you deck as it is, and not taking away anything.

Best bet is too hope in early reds of big tournaments that volts beat up the meatagross decks so u don't play them if u get good matchups early

I run weakness policy for this matchup, since I don't need band or Baton :/. I won 2-0 against a Metagross deck because of it

Hi, there.

Would Flareon EX not be suitable? Sure, you wont be hitting massive damage, as I assume you will not be running any fire energies. But you should be able to power it up with relative ease.

Charizard ex from evo is 3 colorless will do 60 damage after weakness . Coyld always put a choice band on too for 120 damage total . Try hitting b3fore they get to metagross. But big one is dont rry to make a deck that counters everything. Know decks all have a counter. I play metagross in regionals n feared volcaian decks. Never was a issue. That id face it never did. I went 5 3 and 2 .

Thanks everyone! I got my answer: Delphox. I will still keep this page up if you guys want to discuss more. Thanks again!

Another potential route would be attempting Talonflame Break. 170 HP places it out of Metagross's OHKO range and with a choice banded Aero Blitz you do 140 damage plus you get two free cards from your deck. The downside is relying on Gale Wings, but it'd be beneficial for set up as well if it works.

Back