1 Lysandres Trump Card

Item Cards:

3 Rayquaza Spirit Link

3 VS Seeker

4 Ultra Ball

3 Robo Substitute

2 Mega Turbo

1 Switch

1 Professor's Letter (Thinking about replacing with another switch)

Stadium:

3 Sky Field

Energy:

4 DCE

5 Basic Energy (Doesn't matter which type)

Opinions???

I've been able to get Ninetales out almost every match I've played. I like to use Robo subs as an XY-Roaring Skies alternative due to the possibility of rotation-Any tips (Other that doing a 1-1 Raichu/Ninetales line or having 4 Shaymin-2 have been working fine for me).

Thanks everyone

So with the banning of Lysandre's Trump Card, should we revisit the merits of Winona, since it allows searching out Pokemon without burning through the deck?

Thoughts on a Metal variant with a Bronzong line and some Aegislash EX? Bronzong can reduce dependency on mega turbos when under item lock. and it can even retrieve energies that were discarded from crushing hammer and flare grunts. Aegislash can tank hits in this special-energy infested metagame in case you're having a particularly slow time setting up. Thoughts on a metal variant, especially in an XY-on metagame?

Thoughts on a Metal variant with a Bronzong line and some Aegislash EX? Bronzong can reduce dependency on mega turbos when under item lock. and it can even retrieve energies that were discarded from crushing hammer and flare grunts. Aegislash can tank hits in this special-energy infested metagame in case you're having a particularly slow time setting up. Thoughts on a metal variant, especially in an XY-on metagame?

I have my current test list posted in the deck garage if you want to try it out. Been play testing against my Dragon M-Rayquaza deck which I feel is very solid, and it's usually a close match, though the Colorless usually wins. I've found that the set-up is slower post LTC, but the energy acceleration is very good. The problem with the deck, and probably most Colorless Raymin decks is that the Stadium wars can sometimes leave you low on Pokemon and threatening to deck out. I have some new versions I will be testing this weekend.

what is the best anti-safeguard for the deck been running RoS skarm but i feel like there is better way to much safeguard at my locals

Why not use double dragon energy for ramp though? Just curious.

edit: Nvm dumb question.. its colourless.

How much is the recommended amount to include in the deck:

trainer's mail
acro bike
battle compressor

And how does this deck deal with safeguard effects?

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is the recommended amount to include in the deck:

trainer's mail
acro bike
battle compressor

And how does this deck deal with safeguard effects?

I would say that for both Trainers' Mail and Acro Bike, 2-3. Battle Compressor is good as a One-Of Card in my opinion.

As for handling Safeguard effects, throwing in a 2-2 Line of Altaria could help. While there isn't much damage output it just depends on how often Safeguard effects are played where you are.

I would say that for both Trainers' Mail and Acro Bike, 2-3. Battle Compressor is good as a One-Of Card in my opinion.

As for handling Safeguard effects, throwing in a 2-2 Line of Altaria could help. While there isn't much damage output it just depends on how often Safeguard effects are played where you are.

i play pokemon tcg online... and i got destroyed vs a safeguard dustclops deck. just need some advice... alteria only does 30 dmg.. i thought about it but its not worth it it wud take about 3 turns to kill sigilyph..

Is there any chance at all that MRay could work in a Fairy Box style deck?

3 Energy is cheap, you're gonna have a full bench all the time with Fairy Box anyway, and the techs in Fairy Box make some match ups that are bad for MRay trivial.

I know the idea with MRay is to stream MRay. But with LTC gone, that isn't so viable (it's possible, but not competitive). MRay is fairly large, you'd have to run something like 2-2 with 2 Spirit Links. That's a lot of potential for dead cards in the hand.

i play pokemon tcg online... and i got destroyed vs a safeguard dustclops deck. just need some advice... alteria only does 30 dmg.. i thought about it but its not worth it it wud take about 3 turns to kill sigilyph..

hmmm....I'd recommend the XY Raichu with Circle Circuit then.

Is there any chance at all that MRay could work in a Fairy Box style deck?

3 Energy is cheap, you're gonna have a full bench all the time with Fairy Box anyway, and the techs in Fairy Box make some match ups that are bad for MRay trivial.

I know the idea with MRay is to stream MRay. But with LTC gone, that isn't so viable (it's possible, but not competitive). MRay is fairly large, you'd have to run something like 2-2 with 2 Spirit Links. That's a lot of potential for dead cards in the hand.

I feel like it could, but only if it's replacing something less powerful. If you're running a fairy box you'll likely be digging into the deck a little though. So as long as your draw engine is consistent enough - you could probably cater to the spirit links.

Has anybody tested this with Seismitoad EX? Really curious about running them and would like to what others think of it.

Back