Coin Flip or Dice

n2ko

Alakazam's Shade
well i came across lots of players and it seems they prefer dice rolling instead of coin flipping cause there are some players who actually could flip trick a coin which ussualy ends up 9/10 heads.

just want to know what do you guys think, coin or dice?

*and the dice is not the 1-6 is the 1 with many many numbers on it*

Ever since at Yugioh someone was doing GREAT at nats with Coin Flipping, they have made it so that you have to roll a dice instead of flipping a coin. Seeing as how many Yugioh players also play Pokemon around here, that has kinda drifted over to Pokemon too. I also prefer a good ol' fashionned dice roll.

I have thought about that idea, but don't have a clue on how it works. Can you guys tell me more about it?

Well, I'd prefer the original coin flip! :D And yeah, BTW was that coin trick thing needed a coin from base set or such...? I mean't the original coin... That has a blue back...? I thought they had it banned though ^_^

I've noticed in watching younger children play at Local League play, they have trouble flipping legally. It's easier to toss a die.

Does anyone know if there is any rule stating what type die should be used? I know some use 6 sided square die, some use 20 sided die.

You had to roll with a dice at world, I guess this kinda proves something, but whatever.

I prefer dice, you don't have to flip it in the air, to then hear it hit the table, and wait another half minutes before it's done with spinning...
Also, a dice is easier to handle, and can also be used as damage counters, so I would have to say DICE FTW!!!

mumsascrappa said:
Does anyone know if there is any rule stating what type die should be used? I know some use 6 sided square die, some use 20 sided die.

Most people prefer 6's for both flipping and damage. Anything higher can roll around too much and lose damage count or fall off the table too easily. 6's are also (supposedly) harder to manipulate. For some reason I doubt that, but they are what POP has mandated for Worlds (they supply 1 6-sided die at all tables for flipping).

dice hav bigger odds for getting heads and tails but coin some people can manipulate like in a sense calculate how many times he need to spin it in the air to land in a heads (thats a skill i don't mind learning =D)

I use dice. I've got a blue 6-side for coin flipping and clear, sparkly ones to keep track of damage. I also stick a coin in there just in case, but I usually use dice. Makes multi-flipping effects go quicker too (like Dual Ball, Exeggutor's bomb attack, etc.)

Most of the time that coin is used for poison or burn markers though. Or Imprision/Shockwave should I encounter those decks.

Scipio said:
Ever since at Yugioh someone was doing GREAT at nats with Coin Flipping, they have made it so that you have to roll a dice instead of flipping a coin. Seeing as how many Yugioh players also play Pokemon around here, that has kinda drifted over to Pokemon too. I also prefer a good ol' fashionned dice roll.

Same here!
Also people get well-u-know* when I use a my 20-sided Magic the Gathring dice....coz sometime's I can rig it to land on evens...which is heads.

*I wasn't going to say THAT word....PM me if u want to know what it was I said*

well back in the old days (base set) i was an expert at coin flip.
since i came back i seam to have become an expert tossing tails.... so for that i now use a d20.

so concluded majority prefer dice well that same goes for me, cause i can't imagine a (insert pokemon) knock out a full charge ex by getting 16 heads

*i'm talking about skill like flip a coin till you get tails*

dice all the way!!!

if you want a good game i suggest you use a jungle coin....
(hehhehehe some of you will know what im talking about)

Back