• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Cobalion-EX/Klinklang

Rayquaza-XD

Rayquaza. 'Nuff said.
This is a list I made for a Cobalion-Klinklang deck. Below the list are a few long paragraphs of explanations and notes.

Pokemon:
3-0-4 Klink BW and Klinklang 3 PS 1 BW
2 Cobalion EX PS
2 Cobalion NV
Total: 11
Trainers:
Supporters:
4 N DE
4 Juniper DE
3 Cheren DE
2 Skyla BC
Items:
4 Pokemon Catcher EP
4 Switch BC
4 Rare Candy DE
3 Ether PS
3 Ultra Ball DE
2 Pokedex BW
2 Eviolite NV
2 Max Potion EP
1 Super Rod DV
1 Computer Search BC
1 Tool Scrapper DR
Total: 40
Energy:
9 metal energies

Translations:
Cobalion EX Metal HP 180 Basic
(M) Holy Edge 30
Discard a Special Energy attached to the defending Pokemon.
(M)(M)(C) Steel Bullet 100
This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.
Weakness: Fire x2/Resistance:psychic -20/Retreat cost: 2

Klinklang Metal HP 140 Stage 2 (Team Plasma)
Ability: Plasma Steel: Prevent all effects from attacks, including damage, done to your Metal Pokemon from your opponent's Pokemon EX.
(M)(M)(C) Heavy Bullet 70
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon (Don't apply Weakness or Resistance for Benched Pokemon).
Weakness: Fire x2/Resistence: Psychic -20/ Retreat cost: 2

Lots of stuff: The aim of this deck is to use Klinklang's Plasma Steel ability to grant protection to all your metal types, and then sweep from there. Works great since a large portion of the metagame's decks rely on EXs. Cobalion EX , the main attacker, two-shots all EXs (excluding colorless EX + Big Cape + Aspertia lol) and also destroys two cards which would otherwise give this deck a hard time: Bouffalant DR and Sigilyph DR. 

Now to the vast multitude of problems of this deck. I'm not too trustworthy of Ether, so if it doesn't work then there isn't any energy acceleration. Thus it can lose to Hammers.This deck also has a hard time retreating (no pun intended). Also, since the most you are aiming to hit is 100, this deck gets annoyed by decks that can heal, e.g Darkrai/Hydreigon and Keldeo/Blastoise (what irony, the two other stage two decks!). In fact, those two decks can run pokemon which give this deck a hard time, such as Giratina EX and Keldeo BC47. Finally, Garbodor also takes away the immunity, but Cobalion EX still has a chance, providing it gets set up.

A few (/another paragraph of) notes: You can give this deck a more defensive stance by adding in Registeel EX and other stuff, but I prefer a more offensive edge to this deck, thus only Cobalions. If Garbodor is a problem, switching the number of Eviolites and Tool Scrappers is an option. Eviolite is mainly around for the early game when PS Klinklang isn't around. I put in one BW Klinklang because you can move around energies + Max Potion, but Max Potion works on its own, plus getting PS Klinklang out has a higher priority. 

Advice is deeply appreciated, especially on beating the problems. Any ways on adding more energies? Any problems to this deck I haven't mentioned or realised? Here's one: Victini NV15

RE: Cobalion/Klinklang

I believe a Klingklang/Cobalion EX/ Lucario-deck would be awesome for the future.

Lucario – Fighting – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Riolu

Ability: Dual Armor
If this Pokemon has a Metal Energy attached to it, it becomes both Fighting and Metal type.

[F][C][C] Gusting Legs: 60+ damage. This attack does 30 more damage for each Prize card your opponent has taken.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

With blend energies this deck seems legit.

Here is my deck list. It works very well for me. I placed top cut in regionals with it.

Pokemon:
4 klink DEX
1 klinklang BW
3 klinklang PLS
2 Colbalion EX
2 Cobalion NVI

I/S/S
4 Skyla
4 Juniper
3 N
4 Heavy Ball
4 Ultra Ball
3 Catcher
4 Max Potion
4 Rare Candy
4 Switch
1 Dowsing Machine
2 Super Rod

Energy
11 Metal

I like Cobalion NVI because it works well against Terrakion. Normally Terrakion could give this deck a hard time considering that with exp. share it can hit you for 90 every turn which can destroy you. Max Potion is incredible with this deck. After a while your Cobalion EX will get a lot of damage on it (especially against Terrakion). Since it takes so many hits to kill him without an EX, Max Potion can destroy. Also, with no energy acceleration you don’t want your guys to get knocked out and lose three precious energy. At first I ran three, but tried out four and it worked so much better. All the heavy balls and ultra balls are to ensure a klinklang second turn. With Landorus Ex two hitting your benched klinks, you need to get it out second turn. Super Rod works well to get back your energy, klinklang line and attackers. It is crucial to success. I tried Registeel, but he was just to slow for me. The idea of this decklist is to set up quickly and them deny damage for the rest of the game using Max Potion and attach more energy while your at it. Then hit for 100 every turn. Hope this helps

Back