• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Clemont's Lightning (Raikou / Magnezong)

LuciasXZ

Aspiring Trainer
This is my first post here so the format maybe terrible, so I apologize before hand. Moving on, this deck is what i have been running on PTCGO and has huge success with. As the name suggest, the deck use Generations Supporter Card: Clemont, which instantly give you access to 4 Lightning Energy in your deck. This create powerful combination with cards such as Pikachu-EX, Raichu Break and Raikou using Magnezone as its core energy acceleration engine. Not that different from a Standard Pikachu-EX/Raikou deck but is quite interesting to use.

Pokemon: 17
  • 2 Pikachu-EX
  • 4 Raikou
  • 3 Magnemite
  • 1 Magneton
  • 3 Magnezone
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Blitze
  • 1 Zebstrika
Trainer: 31
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Team Flare Gear' Battle Compressor
  • 1 Town Map
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 2 Clemont
  • 1 Fisherman
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Brigette
  • 2 Rough Seas
Energy: 12
  • 12 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

Some how, I am trying to find room for Startling Megaphone, because i lose badly to Focus Sash Garchomp. I currently am not using Flash Energy, as those cant be search via Clemont. Is running 2 of it good enough? Also, Zebstrika actually won me games vs Jolteon-EX, Regice and Pyroar, but should I cut those 2 for sth else? Really appreciate for constructive feedback from you guys

Last edited:
IMO:
  • A second Mageton should be run to dramtically increase your chance of getting Magnezone into play (consider that your sole Magneton is prized and you're Item-locked T1);
  • A 1-1 Zebsrika line is a bit risky (if either is prized) and is not "critical" to your deck's success. Either run a 2-2 line or replace it;
  • 4 VS seeker are critical for maximum Supporter reuse and versatility; and
  • Town Map is not critical.
So, following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Blitze
-1 Zebstrika
-1 Town Map
-1 Rare Candy - 3 should be sufficient

+1 Level Ball - to help get a Magnemite out faster (or another Magneton)
+2 Trainer's Mail - great Trainer to help you access and play other Trainers (like Items) faster (or 1 and another VS Seeker; or 1 and an AZ to allow you to recover and reuse a Shaymin EX)
+1 Starling Megaphone

I like running only 2 Flash energy.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

IMO:
  • A second Mageton should be run to dramtically increase your chance of getting Magnezone into play (consider that your sole Magneton is prized and you're Item-locked T1);
  • A 1-1 Zebsrika line is a bit risky (if either is prized) and is not "critical" to your deck's success. Either run a 2-2 line or replace it;
  • 4 VS seeker are critical for maximum Supporter reuse and versatility; and
  • Town Map is not critical.
So, following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Blitze
-1 Zebstrika
-1 Town Map
-1 Rare Candy - 3 should be sufficient

+1 Level Ball - to help get a Magnemite out faster (or another Magneton)
+2 Trainer's Mail - great Trainer to help you access and play other Trainers (like Items) faster (or 1 and another VS Seeker; or 1 and an AZ to allow you to recover and reuse a Shaymin EX)
+1 Starling Megaphone

I like running only 2 Flash energy.

I hope you find these comments helpful.
I would also try:
-1 super rod +1 vs seeker (or level ball)
-1 clemont +1 skyla

I would love to see Jolteon EX used in something like this

I dont think Jolteon EX fits, as the deck is pretty tight already. Moreoever, the concept of this deck is to quickly load up Eletric Pokemon with Clemont and Magnezone, Pikachu-EX and Raikou are better fits because their damage scales with the number of energy. You can easily KO big EX mon so Jolteon EX immunity is not that important. JolteonEX damage is kind of low also

I dont think Jolteon EX fits, as the deck is pretty tight already. Moreoever, the concept of this deck is to quickly load up Eletric Pokemon with Clemont and Magnezone, Pikachu-EX and Raikou are better fits because their damage scales with the number of energy. You can easily KO big EX mon so Jolteon EX immunity is not that important. JolteonEX damage is kind of low also
Jolteon would make your night march match-up a lot better, as all your attackers require three energy to attack and have low health, meaning night march is probably a difficult match-up. One copy of jolteon-EX will enable you to swing the match in your favor. If you are looking for things to cut, what tuxedoblack suggested is good, but I would only do 1 trainer's mail and add 1 Jolteon-EX.

LuciasXZ said:
I dont think Jolteon EX fits, as the deck is pretty tight already. Moreoever, the concept of this deck is to quickly load up Eletric Pokemon with Clemont and Magnezone, Pikachu-EX and Raikou are better fits because their damage scales with the number of energy. You can easily KO big EX mon so Jolteon EX immunity is not that important. JolteonEX damage is kind of low also​
Jolteon would make your night march match-up a lot better, as all your attackers require three energy to attack and have low health, meaning night march is probably a difficult match-up. One copy of jolteon-EX will enable you to swing the match in your favor. If you are looking for things to cut, what tuxedoblack suggested is good, but I would only do 1 trainer's mail and add 1 Jolteon-EX.

[FONT=Droid Sans, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Actually, if you set your board up to have less then 6 possible prize cards (not including Jolteon EX) and you get 1 attack off with Jolteon, you will automatically win that match every time. Unless of course they play a escape rope then a Lysandre. But from what I have seen, that deck does not play escape rope.[/FONT]

Back