Cinccino Variants

Toxic

TCG Player and Old Deck Collector
89-cinccino.jpg

Last edited:
Toxic said:
I'm returning to the Pokemon TCG and I'm curious about making a Cinccino deck. What kinds of cards do people use with this little critter? From what I've gathered there are 2 kinds, pure Cinccino swarm and anti-meta.

Edit: This should probably be moved to Player's Sandbox. My bad. :/

Pretty much Kingdra/Cinccino is the best Cinccino deck atm. But sorry, Cinccino won't be anti-metagame cus it doesn't even ohko zekrom nor reshiram without 3 plus powers.

This thread belongs in the Player's Sandbox forum. So, please remember to add a card scan of Cinccino into the first post.

*Moved*

cinpluff is the best IMO

its fast and consistent, thus getting set up T2 doing 100+...other decks cant keep up :p

If I were to play some sort of Cinccino variant, I think I would play it with other Stage 1's or basic that could abuse DCE, or need little energy to function. Zoroark is an option, good counter to most Emboar variants, assuming you are playing Pluspower, my main problem with Zoroark is that it can't do anything special against Donphan, and neither can Cinccino, so you aren't getting much coverage out of it, it is good against RDL, I will give it that, but I think Cinccino already has that covered. Another decent contender that I would consider would be Yanmega Prime. It doesn't need another energy type, and since you only have Stage 1 lines, I feel that the deck could set up off of a T1 Judge, while significantly stalling its opponent. Yanmega is a little nicer than Zoroark against the Donphan match up, still not an ideal counter, but it has a harder time with Reshiboar if they can set up off your early game Judge. Oh! Something that I just thought of while writting this post! It might be worth testing Cinccino with Crobat Prime. Gives Donphan trouble, so if your Meta is Donphan heavy it could give you some great match ups, decent against Reshiboar (I think), and has some nice snipe capabilities. The one thing that could be a problem with this idea is consistency issues, you would have to have a great list for it to be consistent through a tourney with a large amount of rounds like Nats.

Those are the first ideas that came to my head. Whatever you end up playing, I would highly recommend adding Bouffalant, and if you need some type coverage, Reshiram and Zekrom techs could be useful just for Outrage damage. It may seem weird, but it can really help. Hope you got some ideas from this post.

KingCino is best Cinccino variant against other metagame decks cause kingdra can put dmg counters with it's power which ignores donphan's body.
The other aka attacking kingdra is a must too to do something better against reshiram or donphan variants. CinPluff won't be any good. what metagame deck is weak against grass? none!

Zhaituki said:
KingCino is best Cinccino variant against other metagame decks cause kingdra can put dmg counters with it's power which ignores donphan's body.
The other aka attacking kingdra is a must too to do something better against reshiram or donphan variants. CinPluff won't be any good. what metagame deck is weak against grass? none!
He means Water Arrow Kingdra.

Water Arrow Kingdra causes nice damages (and may hit 30 to any other opponent's Pokemon, like Mime Jr. or Cleffa) to Emboar, Reshiram and even Typlosion-themed decks. Prime itself, can help out with Spray Splashes and 1KO Donphans.

Vulpix Yolk said:
If I were to play some sort of Cinccino variant, I think I would play it with other Stage 1's or basic that could abuse DCE, or need little energy to function. Zoroark is an option, good counter to most Emboar variants, assuming you are playing Pluspower, my main problem with Zoroark is that it can't do anything special against Donphan, and neither can Cinccino, so you aren't getting much coverage out of it, it is good against RDL, I will give it that, but I think Cinccino already has that covered. Another decent contender that I would consider would be Yanmega Prime. It doesn't need another energy type, and since you only have Stage 1 lines, I feel that the deck could set up off of a T1 Judge, while significantly stalling its opponent. Yanmega is a little nicer than Zoroark against the Donphan match up, still not an ideal counter, but it has a harder time with Reshiboar if they can set up off your early game Judge. Oh! Something that I just thought of while writting this post! It might be worth testing Cinccino with Crobat Prime. Gives Donphan trouble, so if your Meta is Donphan heavy it could give you some great match ups, decent against Reshiboar (I think), and has some nice snipe capabilities. The one thing that could be a problem with this idea is consistency issues, you would have to have a great list for it to be consistent through a tourney with a large amount of rounds like Nats.

Those are the first ideas that came to my head. Whatever you end up playing, I would highly recommend adding Bouffalant, and if you need some type coverage, Reshiram and Zekrom techs could be useful just for Outrage damage. It may seem weird, but it can really help. Hope you got some ideas from this post.

that would be awesome...but you can only run 4 DCE in a deck. that ruins it. go for low energy instead of just DCE abusers :p

catutie said:
that would be awesome...but you can only run 4 DCE in a deck. that ruins it. go for low energy instead of just DCE abusers :p
KingCino runs with water energies AND DCE. energy is not the problem in Cinccino variants lol.

Cinccino is naturally fast and will deal more damage if you have more Pokemon on your bench, but it's very weak against Donphan, so some popular choices that go with Cinccino are, Jumpluff, Kingdra, Zoroark, and Yanmega.

^ I feel kingdra is the best play :)

I am kind of wanting to build KingCino currently, finally traded for 2 UL kingdra (non-prime) to use in the deck! maybe a 2/2 split if prime/non prime kingdra! This way you can 1HKO donphan, and ANY fire pokemon in the format. Best of all after attacking with non-prime kingdra you must return energy to your hand so atleast if you get revenge KO'd you have picked up DCE attached :D

Vulpix Yolk, thank you for having the only sensible post in this thread... Don't listen to people who say Kingdra or Jumpluff are the best combos for it.

He basically covered two great options, the one that he missed is using it with Slowking HGSS and Weavile in order to lock your opponent while hitting for 100 each turn. It's an interesting variant that works surprisingly well. However, if you're looking for a great deck overall Cinccino isn't your best bet.

@ OU Pokemon. That's why Kingdra Water Arrow is needed for this, not only Prime. Myself I have enough using 3 Kingdra Primes and one Kingdra non-prime including Elm's. First version of deck that was released by Japanese people hadn't Elms.

@ win. For you this is already good metagame.

For everyone yes. Kingdra-Cinccino plays about 7 Water Energies and 4 DCEs and it still shoots damage well. (Yes. From own experiences playing Japanese metagame mixed with Finnish.)

Vulpix Yolk said:

I run it with Zoroark, Blissey Prime (since the energy cost isn't much and Blissey's healing can help A LOT) and Slowking HS. It works pretty snugly, but I feel that there's something missing. I will probably tech in a 2-2 Donphan or turn it into a Cinpluff.

^Uh, you're saying there's actually times your Cinccino doesn't get OHKO'd?

If it's so targettable, why's it considered meta, then? It's my main deck and works fine.
Cinccino and a Defender or two can last at least two turns. Then, you just grab another one and repeat the process.
I've not played a Donphan, Throh or Machamp yet, so I haven't had any easy losses.

How does a Cinccino last at least 2 turns against Reshiram, Zekrom or Magnezone? 90+20=110, it needs at least 130.

I've had plenty of success running Cinccino with Zoroark and Yanmega. Against some of the best masters and seniors in the DFW area, I'm 9-2.

Reshiboar (2 Masters, 1 Senior)- 3-0 :Won by Zoroark's SpDark'd Foul Plays on Reshirams and RDLs
Mew/Yanmega/Muk/Crobat/Jirachi (Masters)- 1-1 :Won by Yanmega sniping babies and Mews
Kingccino (Masters)- 1-0 :Won on Cinccino's speed for T2 100
Magneboar (Masters)- 2-1 :Won on Tyrogue donk and Zoroark Foul Playing Lost Burn
Blastzel (Masters)- 1-0 :Won by Judging 4 Water energies and Foul Playing Hydro Launcher
Donphan (Seniors)- 1-0 :Won with Yanmega's SonicBoom, then followed by full-bench Do The Wave

I have yet to test more, but I will. Do those match-ups tell anything? I am a Senior, so it took some skill to beat a few of these Masters. rokman, Vhind, and lynchmob from the PokeGym played the Reshiboar, Magneboar and Kingccinno, rokman's friend played Blastzel, friends from the leagues I go to played the Mewbats, and Donphan was another friend of mine. I also beat an unlimited Salamence, so I could be 10-2.

~AoH

Back