• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Chenlock for Cities. Masters division.

Rubyiris

Aspiring Trainer
Going to plan ahead for this event.

2 Garchomp C Lv. X
2 Garchomp C
1 Blaziken FB Lv. X
1 Blaziken FB
2 Crobat G
1 Toxicroak G "Promo"
1 Dragonite FB
1 Chatot G
1 Bronzong G
3 Smeargle UD
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
1 Unown Q
1 Unown "Dark"
1 Sableye SF

4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
2 Judge
2 Cyrus's Initiative
1 Aaron's Collection
4 Poke Turn
4 Energy Gain
3 Power Spray
2 SP Radar
1 VS Seeker

4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Warp energy
2 Fire Energy
1 Darkness Energy (Sp)
1 Darkness Energy

I do not have access to an Uxie X. I do not have 60~70$ in trade, or cash available to me to obtain one.

drop 1 dragonite FB and 3 warp nrg,
for 3 SP dark and 1 Ambipom G.
-3 Smeargle +3 Sableye, this deck lays on disruption.And Ambipom G can donk, Dragonite FB not and needs warp NRG. you should also try to get 1-1 Honchkrow SV against machamp and mewtwo.

You obviously have never used anything remotely like my deck, so I can tell your deck is biased towards con's deck.

Smeargle does two things.

1. Smeargle sets up plays without having to waste an attack, or a supporter. A turn 1 smeargle is often-times BETTER than a turn 1 Sableye.

2. Smeargle provides INFORMATION. Information is extremely important in making correct plays. Even if their hand isn't portrait-friendly, it gives me much-needed information on their hand, allowing me to plan ahead, and make correct plays.

Because of example 1, I'm free to portait one of their supporters, and still use one of mine, like an Initiative, or Judge, for example.

I run Dragonite over Ambipom because my metagame is almost 100% SP.

Warp Energy provides a lot of utility, but is also pretty much required for a variety of reasons. It's required to help Smeargle/Uxie/Dragonite/Bronzong/Sableye escape being locked into place by Roserade, and to avoid wasting a Poke Turn. Dragonite, Uxie, Smeargle, and Garchomp all use colorless in their attacks, and Bronzong can transfer energy around on my SP pokemon after I've used Warp.

I think a good chenlock should play 2-2 blaziken fb so you should find some room for +1-1 blaziken fb. My suggestions are to take out 1 vs seeker and 1 chatot g (maybe?). And the chenlock s i have seen don't play smeargle or special dark so... it's kind of up to you what you want to take out for the blaziken.

Although chenlock functions as a slight deviation from former sablelock lists, the strategy is simplistic to seasoned veterans of said deck with locking, preventing, and crippling methods. But my concern is consistancy with the 1 line ups. + 1quick +1-1blaviken and if you are going more smeargle and less of the "sablelock" then take out the 1 sableye and place in a crow.
-1 gain +1 powerspray and ever thought about energy exchanger? could be usefull. With machamp on the rise getting in the uxie lvx can be beneficial so make a friend and borrow one.. ....And you may need to edit becuase you forgot the energy for promocroak. ...How's that for getting back to the task at hand?

Back