ORAS Changes to the Hoenn Region's Design

Anyone else notice the random cloud in the middle of the map (below sootopolis) covering up what may be the Sky Pillar?
Why would they cover something we already knew about before?

[attachment=7399]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 18
At first when I saw the trailers I was a little disappointed in the fact that there was barely any art/graphics style difference between X/Y and OR/AS.
And then I saw more trailers and realized that the colors of the buildings and environments look much brighter and softer than the ones in X/Y , sort of like they did in the original R/S. Though it could have just been the lighting in that specific area of the game I don't know but if they keep that soft-bright-color feeling, I'm going to be really happy, I loved that in the originals and I'm not really sure why I'm so fond of the style in those games but I am.

I'm excited to see if there's anything up with Mt. Pyre and the volcano from the originals. I'm also super excited about the going to be remade music from the old games.
Sky Pillar and Sootopolis are going to be cool too, I'm so interested to see what they do with the shiny-sooty-ashy ness of Sootopolis.

I have really high hopes for the Trick House too, I'm hoping to see some cool puzzles with the new graphics.

I wonder what they're going to do with Mirage Island?

EpicIce2012 said:
Anyone else notice the random cloud in the middle of the map (below sootopolis) covering up what may be the Sky Pillar?
Why would they cover something we already knew about before?

They don't just cover up anything we don't know about. They cover up spoiler areas. That includes plot related areas (Spear Pillar, Dragonspiral Tower, Giant Chasm, etc.) as well as post game areas.

Does anybody else think that darkrai might make an appearance in this game? Because its been quite a while!! And that dark stormy area above lillycove looks like an area he would be in!! That dark stormy area is what intrigues me most about the new map design I hope we find out more soon!!

nameati said:
Does anybody else think that darkrai might make an appearance in this game? Because its been quite a while!! And that dark stormy area above lillycove looks like an area he would be in!! That dark stormy area is what intrigues me most about the new map design I hope we find out more soon!!

Highly doubtful, they've been lessening the amount of event Pokemon encounters in this game, and Darkrai has absolutely zero relevance in Hoenn.

Event-only Pokemon have never been catchable in normal gameplay of later games, so I doubt that Darkrai or anything of that sort will make an appearance.
Someone told me they believe the mysterious black cloud could be an entrance to the Distortion World... sounds a bit far-fetched but I wouldn't put it past consideration.
And unfortunately, Ever Grande looks as boring as ever. Man, the Hoenn games were my first Pokemon game, I loved it and still do, but that Ever Grande was always such a huge letdown.

Bolt the Cat said:
nameati said:

Highly doubtful, they've been lessening the amount of event Pokemon encounters in this game, and Darkrai has absolutely zero relevance in Hoenn.

Well dialga,palkia,and giratina had no business being included into HG/SS but they were!! So you never know!

I just hope they do up Ever-Grande city, that was such a let down as many have said. I think everyone agrees, just give us a few more houses and that. Maybe a little lake with exclusive Pokemon. I believe Luvdisc was found round that area.

nameati said:
Bolt the Cat said:

Well dialga,palkia,and giratina had no business being included into HG/SS but they were!! So you never know!

But not in a mysterious location seen on the normal map of the region that was made just for them.

Seven is a Color said:
Chaos Jackal said:
Event-only Pokemon have never been catchable in normal gameplay of later games
That's happened with Zorua.

Since when was Zorua event-only? You could breed one perfectly well with Zoroark. And with Zoroark being an in-game event (and Zorua too), triggered by older events, I don't see how they can be compared to Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Jirachi, Deoxys etc., Pokemon that were only available at special Nintendo promotions, Wi-Fi, or a disc.

Chaos Jackal said:
Seven is a Color said:
That's happened with Zorua.

Since when was Zorua event-only? You could breed one perfectly well with Zoroark. And with Zoroark being an in-game event (and Zorua too), triggered by older events, I don't see how they can be compared to Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Jirachi, Deoxys etc., Pokemon that were only available at special Nintendo promotions, Wi-Fi, or a disc.
I thought in BW you needed the shiny Raikou, Entei, and Suicune from the movie event to trigger it. And it was Zoroark, not Zorua; I mixed them up.

Yeah, you needed them, and you needed Celebi to obtain a Zorua. However, with the Zoroark line being breedable, it technically means that even without a cheating device there could be enough Zoroark for the whole world as long as there was one Crown beast. It's in no way the same, although I get what you mean.
Pokemon like Zoroark aren't legendary, and as such it's impossible for them to remain event-only forever, this status being reinforced by the fact that Zorua and Zoroark are needed to complete the Pokedex, where event-only legendaries aren't. So let me rephrase the previous statement by saying that no Pokemon which weren't required for the completion of the National Pokedex have ever been introduced as normal catches in later games.

Chaos Jackal said:
Yeah, you needed them, and you needed Celebi to obtain a Zorua. However, with the Zoroark line being breedable, it technically means that even without a cheating device there could be enough Zoroark for the whole world as long as there was one Crown beast. It's in no way the same, although I get what you mean.
Pokemon like Zoroark aren't legendary, and as such it's impossible for them to remain event-only forever, this status being reinforced by the fact that Zorua and Zoroark are needed to complete the Pokedex, where event-only legendaries aren't. So let me rephrase the previous statement by saying that no Pokemon which weren't required for the completion of the National Pokedex have ever been introduced as normal catches in later games.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but those will be:

Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Arceus, Shaymin, Darkrai, Manaphy, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect

What about the Colloseum Celebi? And that one Manaphy Ranger egg that you get in normal gameplay (correct me if i'm wrong) then move to a game where you can hatch it and such?

Mitja said:
5 - probably just rock. too huge to be a building, but its still odd there...

Hoenn_Route_123.png

I took a look at the layout for Rt. 123 again, and that rock was in the same spot as in the original, and it's just hiding Secret Base locations. The only thing that seems to have changed is that the path leading down from Rt. 122 seems to be slightly longer and they might have changed some of the ledges a bit, other than that it looks the same.

Maybe that dark stormy region is just a glimpse into space and we'll actually go to space this time. It's a bit far'fetched, but it's the only way I can think to link it to Hoenn. I have no idea how they'd choose a ten year old to go to space, but maybe you get on the ship by accident or something.

Also,for anybody interested about talking about it and speculating, has anybody noticed the ss.cactus looks pretty different?? It looks like it has a small land mass on it now like its been shipwrecked for a very very very long time!! I hope they make it bigger with more rooms,dive spots, items and maybe even attach a nice little side quest to it :p similar to how the power plant sidequest was.

Yeah I noitced that, I just can't wait to play this. More excited for this any I have been for a while. X/Y I was excited and was a little let down.

Aerodactyl said:
Maybe that dark stormy region is just a glimpse into space and we'll actually go to space this time. It's a bit far'fetched, but it's the only way I can think to link it to Hoenn. I have no idea how they'd choose a ten year old to go to space, but maybe you get on the ship by accident or something.

The Slateport/Mt.Chimney artowrk also shows some space with falling stars so perhaps it's connected to Jirachi and Deoxys and the space station. Either we'll go to space or something will come from it! :D

nameati said:
Also,for anybody interested about talking about it and speculating, has anybody noticed the ss.cactus looks pretty different?? It looks like it has a small land mass on it now like its been shipwrecked for a very very very long time!! I hope they make it bigger with more rooms,dive spots, items and maybe even attach a nice little side quest to it :p similar to how the power plant sidequest was.

Though tragic, I'm still hoping for a ghost story, perhaps the Captain being a ghost (little girls were already seen in the Old Chateau and Skyarrow Bridge, though they're more scary than adults). I wanna be scared by some ghost while diving aboard the ship! The ship's BGM already has some misterious and tragic feel to it so it would fit. :p

Mitja said:
Kinda disappointed by the Hoenn map...it confirms that the region is 95% accurately recreated from the originals with like rock formations, all diving spots and everything in the exact same location and structure lol..

I looked at it closely and marked all the points that do have some noteworthy changs (apart from minor self-explanatory stuff like the bigger launchpad and stretched path to route 103 etc..)

Hoenn map

1 - definitely a new building next to devon corps.
2 - that's not just a crashed ship, it's an actual island with stuff on it
3 - mauville got an aesthethic overhaul. the other hoenn-art shows it too. seems like a wall around it with some electric function. I bet it relates to the new-mauville powerplant sidequest
4 - definitely a new exit from meteor falls into a green spot
5 - probably just rock. too huge to be a building, but its still odd there...
6 - no idea whats going on there. the safari-zone entrace is to the right of it, and the inside of the safari is never on the map. friendsafari or something perhaps?
7 - this is where mirage island used to appear. looks more complex than it though, with an inner beach and stuff.. (the sky tower is hiding north of the route in that cloud btw)
8 - rock formations are similar as they were, but now it seems to be an actual separated area from the path with a beach on the outside?
9 - southern island. perhaps not an event-area anymore but regular gameplay. I bet the latiosite/latiasite is located there now.
10 - portal to dark Hoenn. just kidding. Id speculate its some post-game area to obtain DPt mascots or Reshiram/Zekrom (black and whtie cloud clashing?) or something like that..
11 - what a nice spherical white cloud. not suspicious at all. since its right below the route with the sealed chamber, my guess is: Regigigas

and then there is a bunch of clouds. the obvious one in the south is hiding the Battle Frontier. rest maybe postgame extra legend areas, maybe nothing.

Number 5 is almost definitely a house. The color doesn't match the surrounding (rocks) and it seems to have an entrance to the left along wih two windows to the right. Cynthia's manor!? XD

As for number 6 it could be Trainer Hill that in Emerald was just north of Mauville. The only argument agains't this is that AS/OR are remakes of S/R and not Emerald.

Does anybody else finds it akward to be at least 4 white spots in the route between Pacifidlog and Slateport? One is for the Sealed chamber but the other 3 above and to the right of number 11 don't seem like sandbanks.

Back