• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Chandelure EX / Dusknoir

YayCheese7

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
  • 3 Chandelure EX
  • 3 Duskull
  • 2 Dusknoir (Sinister Hands)
  • 2 Tornadus (Emerging Powers/Legendary Treasures)
  • 2 Mewtwo EX
  • 1 Drifloon
  • 1 Drifblim (Drifting Ballon)
  • 1 Mr. Mime (Bench Barrier)

Trainers
  • 4 N
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Bicycle
  • 1 Rock Guard
  • 2 Rocky Helmet
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 2 Energy Switch

Energy
  • 12 Physic
  • 3 DCE

Strategy
Hey Guys, so the strategy is simple get some damage on the board and then get some knockouts when you arrange the damage counters with Dusknoir. I have been play testing for about 4-5 days with my friends and a couple of decks. Here are the results:

Genesect/Virizion
I think this matchup was the hardest. I lost and I won. Here I need to start out very aggressive with my Mewtwo and setup my other Mewtwo and Chandelure. I also need to make sure by T2 or T3 I have a Dusknoir. In this matchup my Lasers are almost useless. I say almost because I actually got to use these! I was able to knockout both of my opponent's Virizion (on the board, I say this because it sounds like he only has 2 :)) and then strike for the win but other then that they were useless. Rocky Helmet was great getting me that extra 2 on there turn was fantastic and Drifblim did his job too. Oh almost forgot Tool Scrapper was awesome in this matchup. Getting rid of G Booster is a big thing. Here my deck has a 50/50 chance to win.

Darkrai/Sableye
This matchup was easier then the Genesect/Virizion. I still had some trouble because of the splash damage. He got rid of my Dusknoir once because of that... I was still able to hit him hard with Mewtwo and Chandelure and I was able to get rid of his Darkrai. Lasers were more usable in this matchup and again Rocky Helmet was great. Tornadus worked great to getting those OHKO on Sableye in the same turn he entered! He entered, attach DCE, Energy Switch for a Physic energy and then I switch swinging for 80 and then I gave back the energy I used to the other pokemon.

Blastoise/Keldeo
This matchup was easier then Darkrai/Sableye because Blastoise is a stage 2 pokemon. Here I just need to start aggressive and have my Dusknoir no later then T3 (got him T2 couple times) and move the damage to Squirtle or Wartortle. If I place the damage on Blastoise I am a little bit late. Laser had quite a trouble because of Keldeo/FloatStone but not much because I used Tool Scrapper. If I didn't have it then I would use Skyla if Keldeo was very annoying. Once he is out of Blastoise then I go for Keldeo.

Plasma
This was another hard matchup. Why? Because most of them are EX meaning they have very high HP. It is going to take longer to get rid of them and my opponent has time to setup. Splash damage again hurt me but not as much as I was able to get rid of Kyurem pretty quickly. I have still been thinking of adding 1 Mr. Mime to the deck. I think I have to tweak my strategy more against this deck. Maybe go for Deoxys or Lugia? Overall I have to tweak my strategy against this deck.

Empoleon
I decided to play test against this rogue deck just to see how my rogue deck work against others. I was able to defeat quite easily this matchup. Starting aggressive is very important here because is a stage 2 deck. If I get some easy knockouts on Piplup and Prinplup he can't set up and then I can just strike for a win.

I also play tested against other rogue decks but this thread is quite long and I don't want to bore you guys anymore with lots of words :D. I just want to know your opinions and suggestions. I had posted this deck before but I hadn't play tested it. I think my strategy with this deck is to basically be aggressive, by T2 or T3 I have to have a Dusknoir on my bench and Chandelure or Mewtwo ready and getting some damage on the board. Then use Tornadus for mid game situations and Drifblim against Plasma. Hope you liked this deck :D.

RE: Chandelure/Dusknoir

You might be able to tech a Frozen City or two in here for that extra damage against anything non-Plasma, which would help the Dusknoir. The energy count seems a bit high as well, I'd cut back on a couple for some more searching power, like 1 extra Level and Ultra Ball. A little food for thought, hope I helped. :)

RE: Chandelure/Dusknoir

TheElite711 said:
You might be able to tech a Frozen City or two in here for that extra damage against anything non-Plasma, which would help the Dusknoir. The energy count seems a bit high as well, I'd cut back on a couple for some more searching power, like 1 extra Level and Ultra Ball. A little food for thought, hope I helped. :)
Frozen City would be good but there are a lot of Plasma Decks in my area and I would be doing damage to myself to as I like to pump my Mewtwo with a lot of energies (that's why I have 12). Extra Level Ball... well It only searchers Duskull,(that's why the Level Ball is there for, in case I don't get it)Drifloon and with the update that I did to the deck Mr Mime. I think one is enough. Ultra Ball I would add 1 more but the bad thing about Ultra Ball is that you have to discard ... I don't like that :). Thanks for the help anyways :D.

RE: Chandelure EX/Dusknoir

Oh yeah, you wouldn't have many targets for that Level Ball. I personally like search to get whatever I need for a given situation myself. Mr. Mime is fine at just 1, most decks run that many.

RE: Chandelure EX/Dusknoir

Yeah he is just there against (mainly) the Darkrai matchup and other decks that have pokemons like Landorus EX and Kyurem.

Back