Card Errors Database (Include Images!)

RE: New Errors and Misprints Thread

I don't know if this really counts for anything since it's not really an error or misprint, but I guess it's the right place to post it.

I have a Lake Boundary card that's reverse holofoil. However, the card literally split in two; there's the transparent "sticker" sort of thing with the card's text on it, then the cardstock with nothing more than a mirror-like thing on the front (what makes it look reverse holo). Is this possible this is worth anything, or is possible to do this with any RH card if you're careful enough?

Celebi23 said:
I don't know if this really counts for anything since it's not really an error or misprint, but I guess it's the right place to post it.

I have a Lake Boundary card that's reverse holofoil. However, the card literally split in two; there's the transparent "sticker" sort of thing with the card's text on it, then the cardstock with nothing more than a mirror-like thing on the front (what makes it look reverse holo). Is this possible this is worth anything, or is possible to do this with any RH card if you're careful enough?

I've experience something similar, but with a normal holo card. I was able to peel back the first layer of the card from the corner because of damage.
I'd say that the only valuable part would be the cardstock with the holographic stuff on it. I've seen "all-holo only" cards go for quite a bit on ebay, so you could probably sell it. Could you post a picture?

I'll post a picture when I find it again. xP

I actually haven't pulled the paper all the way off yet. But I do have another question.

I won some packs of Next Destinies from Regionals about a month ago and I pulled a holofoil Reshiram but nonholo Zekrom. At first, I dismissed the Zekrom as being one that was supposed to be in a theme deck so I didn't worry about it.

But I needed to buy another Zekrom, so I looked on eBay just now and people only selling the non-holo one. Same with TnT.

So, did TPCI really decide to have a Reshiram holo but a Zekrom non-holo in the same set, or did I somehow get an error card (either the Zekrom or Reshiram)? If I got an error card, do you guys know how rare it is or what happened?

The Reshiram is an error. Reshiram NXD was printed as a nonholo rare in the set, but as a holo in the theme decks. I have no ides how that happened, but you must've gotten pretty lucky.

I have some cards that might be errors; I have a Luxray from one of the new sets that is missing most of the holofoil on the card, and the same with an Articuno from one of the newer sets that has the same problem. I also have a Vulpix from the base set that the "HP" is in the wrong place.

Luxray/Articuno- the missing holofoil is on the bottom, correct? That is how the card is supposed to be. Cheap, I know.

Reverse HP Vulpix- Very common error. Everyone, their mom, their grandmothers, and their great-grandmothers have one. The corrected Vulpix is more rare.

EliGagerNorris said:
Luxray/Articuno- the missing holofoil is on the bottom, correct? That is how the card is supposed to be. Cheap, I know.

Reverse HP Vulpix- Very common error. Everyone, their mom, their grandmothers, and their great-grandmothers have one. The corrected Vulpix is more rare.

I'm not sure if anyone realizes this, but in Next Destinies all three legendary birds are flying over the same body of water. Moltres is the only clear depiction of it, but you can see why there is no holofoil on the bottom 1/4 of the picture: the water is not meant to be holo. If you look closely at Articuno and Zapdos, you see the same thing. It appears that the holo is messed up on these cards because their picture is at night, where the clear line between sky and water is hard (or impossible) to see.

Ursus said:
I'm not sure if anyone realizes this, but in Next Destinies all three legendary birds are flying over the same body of water. Moltres is the only clear depiction of it, but you can see why there is no holofoil on the bottom 1/4 of the picture: the water is not meant to be holo. If you look closely at Articuno and Zapdos, you see the same thing. It appears that the holo is messed up on these cards because their picture is at night, where the clear line between sky and water is hard (or impossible) to see.

omahanime said:
The holo on Zapdos goes to the bottom. The holo is just not apparent, because the saturation of the black ink covers it. On mine, if I change its orientation to a light source a couple faint holo lines appear.

The Luxray has foil. look carefully in the lower left corner.

I have an ancient mew promo that is a turquoise colour; not the normal colour that people are selling. Anyone know why that is? (It's in great condition and legit).

I also have a few cards with no retreat cost: Fearow, Espeon and Jumpluff. Are they supposed to have no retreat cost?

I'm not sure about the Ancient Mew, but many cards have no retreat cost. I'm not sure what set the cards you're talking about are from, but there are quite a few without a retreat cost (see Cleffa HGSS, Tyrogue HGSS, etc.)

Celebi23 said:
I'm not sure about the Ancient Mew

I can't even find one on the internet; I don't even know how much it's worth. Also, how much is a charizard holo 146/144 card worth and a Team Aqua's Crawdaunt error card?

Edit: I can upload a picture of the turquoise card next to the other one if you wish.

Ancient mews are 1-3 dollars; add a dollar if it's still sealed in its package thing.

You can check trollandtoad for prices of non-error cards.

And sure, you can upload a picture. I'm no expert on collecting, but I'm sure it would help those who are.

Celebi23 said:
Ancient mews are 1-3 dollars; add a dollar if it's still sealed in its package thing.

That's the normal colour; this is a terribly opposite colour. However, it's still copyrighted by Nintendo.

Infinity said:
Take a picture. This is interesting.

Alright, just sent myself them in an email; will upload them asap. Also, any idea how much error Team Aqua's Kyogre card and a Team Aqua's Crawdaunt cards are worth?

Ok it worked.

The one I can find:http: http://oi48.tinypic.com/2500ylw.jpg
My turquoise version: http://oi45.tinypic.com/sfv7sx.jpg
Comparison: http://oi47.tinypic.com/2rp7hhh.jpg

Anyone able to reply?

I have never seen that... If you ask me the Tourquise version looks fake... But I can't tell from the pic. Honestly, I'd pay #10-$12 for that....

Hey, where does the Meowth WotC Promo from the gameboy game go? It's HP and Energy sign have a wide gap between them. It was never corrected as it is the same on all of those cards.

LouisHirst said:
Alright, just sent myself them in an email; will upload them asap. Also, any idea how much error Team Aqua's Kyogre card and a Team Aqua's Crawdaunt cards are worth?

Ok it worked.

The one I can find:http: http://oi48.tinypic.com/2500ylw.jpg
My turquoise version: http://oi45.tinypic.com/sfv7sx.jpg
Comparison: http://oi47.tinypic.com/2rp7hhh.jpg

Anyone able to reply?

Looks like a sun-faded normal Ancient Mew to me.

Infinity said:
Looks like a sun-faded normal Ancient Mew to me.

It hasn't been exposed to the sun. Also for those who believe it's fake, I'll upload a picture of the copyright at the bottom of the card.

It doesn't look fake. That holo is extremely hard to fake... It's interesting though. I've never seen anything like it.

Back