Cameron Park BRs 1st place report

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.
Going to this was kind of a surprise improv trip, when Friday night at my friend's house we were offered a ride by our friend (pokechow81.) I felt prettysick all day and virtually lost my voice, but I took medicine in the morning to help me. The car ride was a whole 2 hours, partially because we took the wrong freeway exit along the way...

We get there and register. I run Dusknoir/Reuniclus with a Darkrai & Cresselia LEGEND tech, being my only MD-on deck at this time.... There are only 5 seniors there, so I'm somewhat reassured by the fact that I have an 80% chance of getting a prize... I'm hoping that we're allowed to play with masters, because 2 rounds would just be sad. To my delight, we are. The way it worked is we had 4 rounds and masters and seniors played each other, but only the masters had a top 2 cut since the prizes are still divided by division. The Juniors had enough for their own division, too.

Round 1 VS. Mikey A(Senior) w/ Samurott/Zebstrika (I think?)

I could tell this player wasn't the most experienced by his deck, since it seemed to just be a modified Samurott deck. All I remember is that he only played Oshawotts and Blitzles and said he had a bad start and his only Samurott (the one without the ability) was prized. I managed to set up a Dusknoir and knock out all his pokemon. GG.

1-0

Lunch Break. We all chip in some money to our kind driver and buy a pizza(the tourney was at a Round Table) and some garlic twists. I do some trading and trade for some cards including a promo Dusknoir thinking it would be an interesting tech in my deck. Unfortunately I had to wait until after the tourney to add it in my deck.

Round 2 VS. Kyle S(Master) w/ Gyarados

He has a Sableye start and I have a lone Spiritomb start and he reassures me that he's not gonna donk me. I have a baaad hand and eventually draw a second half of DCL and play it on my bench to stall. After he KOs my Spiritomb, I use a Twins that was sitting in my hand and I start to set up. He knocks out my DCL and once he is down to 2 prizes, I think I might have a chance because I have an active Dusknoir Lv.X and another Dusknoir on the bench with some energies, but I misplayed by leaving an Unown Q unattached on my bench. He drops a Crobat G and uses 2 Poketurn with the help of Junk Arm, and then he knocks out my damaged active Dusknoir Lv.X. GG.

1-1

Round 3 VS someone whose name I forgot(Senior) w/ Gliscor/Hippodown/Wailord?

This was another Senior who seemed to be a bit unexperienced with a rather random deck, but to my surprise he claimed to have not lost a game yet that day. I was glad to be up-paired. I got a bad start consisting of Solosis and Unown Q, which bothered me, but I used Cell Culture to get out another Solosis. By the time he knocked out a Solosis and an Unown Q, I top-decked a Twins. BEST DRAW EVER. I was not ready to lose to this guy, because I wanted to do well and he was kind of annoying me by constantly thinking he knew what my deck was and what I was trying to do. He was clueless. I searched for a Sableye and something else I needed, attached a warp energy to my Solosis and brought up Sableye, and impersonated for another Twins. From that moment on I set up and got him to KO my Dusknoir Lv.X (he never bothered to read its power before...) and after a few turns of it being a Stadium and some Spritomb LA Curse Breath drops, I brought up DCL, attached a psychic energy and used Moon's Invite for the big finish. GG.

2-1

Round 3 VS forgot their name too.... (Master) w/ Reshiram & Zekrom & Luxray GL Lv.X tech

We both get a Sableye start, but I call the coin flip right and go first anyway. Haha. I play a Collector and Impersonate for another, so get a lot of setting up done... On his turn he Bebe's for a Reshiram and Impersonates a Collector. I don't remember much else, but I set up a Duksnoir Lv.X, he KOs it, and I bring up DCL. Thankfully he couldn't one-shot it, and it stayed quite a while with some help from my pal Reuniclus. I managed to KO his benched Luxray GL with Moon's Invite before he could level it up, since that would have caused problems.... I slowly knock things out by adding up damage with Curse Breaths and Dusknoir Lv.X in between turns, and using Moon's Invite. We go over time, and I have the prize lead at the end of the 3 turns (having only one left anyway.) GG.

3-1

I get first place, since there are only 4 other seniors, none of whom seemed to do as well as me. Unfortunately the organizer didn't get in the shipment of Victory medals yet, so she says she'll give it to me at the next tourney I go to. I still get my 4 packs, and let all 3 of my friends that I came with open one. Naturally, the one I open has a full-art Reshiram in it. This is the 4th one I've pulled. I also never seem to hang on to them, so I trade it to my friend who needed it.

I had a great day overall. We ended up going to our league's game store and hanging out for a few hours and playing that night.

Props:
1st place
I love my deck
FA Reshiram
No donks
pizza
pokechow81 driving us
Getting a promo Dusknoir
hanging out after
riding shotgun on the way home
the world not ending

Slops:
being sick
Victory Medal delay
misplay
bad starts
friends doing bad

PS: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII CHRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thanks for having me as a props! Great job taking 1st for our league at a battle roads! Hope you do the same at Petaluma or wherever you plan to go next Battle Roads.

pokechow81 said:
Thanks for having me as a props! Great job taking 1st for our league at a battle roads! Hope you do the same at Petaluma or wherever you plan to go next Battle Roads.

Meaty said:
PS: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII CHRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

But did you see this? Hahahaha.

If only there were more Seniors at your Battle Roads and you had better matches. Then it might have been a bit more exciting. Still, you got 1st place, which is great.
Although I have to ask...did your FA Reshiram have white dots on the back? I'll bet it did...
Props:
the world not ending
My continued presence until the very end of my Battle Roads (8.45pm) proved that the end of the world wasn't on Saturday =D
"The Rapture isn't today. I'm still here."

Yeah there was only one other relatively good Senior who was running Gyarados but I never played him, partially because he got terrible luck and went 1-3, so I was glad I could play Masters. Those were my most entertaining games...

Back