Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Are you going to buy it?

• Of course!

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Why waste my money on that game?

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
I'm never letting anyone get a 25 kill streak. Something tells me campers are going to be annoying, with loads of people trying to get a nuke. Some people on my friends list are playing it right now, also there was a school trip yesterday to Belgium, but I didn't want to go. A shop there was selling Modern Warfare 2 and now my friends have it. Plenty of people have it from "accidental" early release. Wish I was one of them. It's funny that there levels/ranks are going to be reset on the 10th, so it doesn't bother me.

I gain the honor of being the only person who might want to get it for the single-player mode, mostly due to the apparent emphasis on actually telling a story of some sort, which is always nice. The part when you apparently take control of a terrorist and shoot down civilians seems like it could make for an interesting game.

Of course, I'm not a fan of the series itself, so I'll probably try it first. Or something.

I can't wait for its release. I loved COD4, COD5 was meh but the zombie mode was epic and I see a bright future for COD MW2. Bad thing is Im only going to be able to play it on the weekends for 1 Hr. Bye bye chance of prestiging :(

Haha, I have MW2 : Hardened Edition! Bet you guys are jealous. The gameplay is great, it's fun stealing peoples care packages.

I like COD a lot, but I just dont have the money right now to reserve it, so I will wait a bit to get it for when I do have enough money, but since I am buying a case, I will prolly just ask for it for christmas.

W00t! We are exactly 4 hours away! I already have it; my local target accidentily released it early :3 It has improved graphics, smoother gameplay, but the aiming is a lot more difficult IMO.

I want to get it. Its like halo, only real.

....Okay forget the halo refference. They are VERY different. But still, they do have their similarities. This will be the first CoD game for me as my parents think its "too violent". Screw them.... lolz.

And as far as im concerned, its more Xbox acheivment points. Yayz.

Im just sad that its going to be 60 dollars when its released tomorrow.

shadoworganoid said:
So are you suggesting ALL games should be on PC?
Cause that would suck...
no, i am dead serious that consoles ruined COD.

did i say anything about all games? lol.

besides, theyd all look/play better too.

but seriously, ask ANY vet of the COD series who has played MW on the PC and they'll tell ya that it was bogged down to play for consoles and all they did was port it to the pc. MW on the pc was TERRIBLE. a lot of us are hoping it isnt the same, but the lack of custom servers is proof that theyre just throwin pc users out the window and just focusing on console players.

r3skyline said:
no, i am dead serious that consoles ruined COD.

did i say anything about all games? lol.

besides, theyd all look/play better too.

but seriously, ask ANY vet of the COD series who has played MW on the PC and they'll tell ya that it was bogged down to play for consoles and all they did was port it to the pc. MW on the pc was TERRIBLE. a lot of us are hoping it isnt the same, but the lack of custom servers is proof that theyre just throwin pc users out the window and just focusing on console players.

This is very true.

so consoles didn't ruin CoD; CoD's just directed for console gamers.

thats like saying PC's ruined RTS games cause they don't play well on consoles.

Soxrcol said:
so consoles didn't ruin CoD; CoD's just directed for console gamers.

thats like saying PC's ruined RTS games cause they don't play well on consoles.
wow, are you a little kid.

ok, one, call of duty was originated on the PC, it was NEVER intended for consoles, just activision wanted a ton of money, saw that the ps2 was doing well, and ported it to it.

if you want proof, look at the diffs between the original COD games. i have many of the originals on pc/console because my father loved those games (he's in the army).

PC ruined RTS'? lolwut? thats like saying starcraft sucked. yea, tell that to a korean. lol. and yes, RTS' were NEVER supposed to be ported to consoles. do let your fanboyism cloud ur judgment

r3skyline said:
do let your fanboyism cloud ur judgment
This is the most hilariously hypocritical sentence I have seen on this forum thus far.

Someone give this guy a medal.

Oh, and hundred post get.

Zenith said:
This is the most hilariously hypocritical sentence I have seen on this forum thus far.

Someone give this guy a medal.

Oh, and hundred post get.
act, no its not considering COD was ruined by consoles. how is that fanboyism. i have all systems and act enjoy all of them.

please explain how exposing truth = fanboyism.

I was referring to the newer CoD games (4+), because thats what this thread as about...

but don't worry, you're still a 1337 1nt3rn3t tuff guy :)

Back