[BW OU] Sun Over The Beach - Successful Sun Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: [BW OU] Sun Over The Beach - Sun Team

Nice team. I don't see the point in running Growth over Swords Dance on Venusaur except maybe for the surprise factor. Also Sawsbuck is much better as a physical attacker on sun teams. Only advantage Venusaur haves is better bulk, resistance to Mach Punch and Sleep Powder. I would suggest using something like this:
Sawsbuck@Life Orb
Chlorophyll
Adamant
72HP/252atk/184spd
-Swords Dance
-Horn Leech
-Double-Edge
-Jump Kick/Nature Power

The EVs allow you to outspeed ScarfLatios iirc. Boosting move, 2 STABs and coverage move, pretty simple tactic. Horn Leech heals your Life Orb and Double-Edge damage.

I would go with Overheat over Fire Blitz on Infernape and replaced Jolly with Naive/Hasty. Also put those last 4 EVs in sp.atk.

Also I would go with Leftovers over Life Orb on Reuniclus. I tested both and Leftovers is a better option as it gives you more turns to boost up. Life Orb is only better if you have problems with other Reuniclus but you aren't using Psyshock so I would go with Lefties.

Why no one said that Reuniclus with one Calm Mind and Psyshock OHKOs Blissey and Eviolite Chansey?

Because standard Reuniclus doesn't. After 1 CM Reuniclus 3HKOs Blissey. Even with Modest, LO, and max SPA a +1 Reuniclus still doesn't OHKO Blissey. At least do research before posting things like that.

I second the suggestion on Sawsbuck. Nature Power, which is Earthquake in Simulator battles, prevents Sawsbuck from being walled by Steel-types. And then there's Horn Leech, which is a physical Giga Drain basically.

Alternately, you could try Special Venusaur again, with a Physical Sawsbuck. Jump Kick lets to beat Tyranitar. From what I've played and read, the two work surprisingly well together. They also have some defensive synergy, with Venusaur taking the Fighting attacks aimed at Sawsbuck.

Also, with Ice Beam on Starmie, I don't think Dragon Pulse is necessary on Heatran. I love Flame Charge on Heatran, because it boosts its only bad stat, Speed. HP Ice is also a possible alternative.

Its been awesome to see how much this team has grown safari. I feel privileged to have been a part of building it with you.

My Reuniclus OHKOed without a critical hit a Eviolite Chansey and a Blissey more that five times.

No you haven't. I ran the damage calcs and you should, too. That Chansey/Blissey must've had no EVs or been at a low level, both of which you will never see in real competitive battling. I suggest you actually play the game instead of make up things, or at least say things that matter in real competitive play. maybe you had more than just one CM, or maybe the Chansey/Blissey had less than full health. Maybe you forgot that you lowered the Chansey/Blissey's stats?
I think the most likely thing is that both of you ran weird EVs. Most Reuniclus and Chansey/Blissey should and do run 252HP/252DEF/4SpDef and a Bold nature.

DiZ said:
My Reuniclus OHKOed without a critical hit a Eviolite Chansey and a Blissey more that five times.

Reuniclus does not come remotely close to KOing with Psyshock at plus 1. This is why I generally recommend Psychic over Psyshock- because once you get high enough to kill Chansey and Blissey, Focus Blast will just do the same thing, and Psychic will preven tyou from getting walled by Gliscor and/or Hippowdon.

Growth is a great move on Venusaur. In sun, Growth does the same thing as swords dance, while also boosting Special Attack. (+2/+2 with double speed.) It allows venusaur to go mixxed. There is a fairly big surprise factor to it because of all the versatility it has. It can use Earthquake, Hidden Power, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Power Whip, an dmore. You don't know weather it will be Physical, Special, or Mixxed. That's the advantage of running Growth over Swords Dance.

Yeah, the only reason to use SD over Growth is in case I had to send out Venu without sun. But that only happens in 1 out of like 20 battles if even. So I stick with Growth.

Instead of Infernape, why not put a dream world Charizard with the ability left overs? And I found using a choice specs Lucario instead of Reniculus is a lot better against blissey and much other pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back