• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Buzzwole GX/Decidueye GX

Runa

Aspiring Trainer
There are some cards that are "not out yet" (as of 4/25)

Pokemon (16)
* 3 Buzzwole GX CRI (57/111)
* 4 Decidueye GX SUM (12/149)
* 2 Dartrix SUM (11/149)
* 4 Rowlet SUM (10/149)
* 1 Diancie {*} FBL (74/131)
* 2 Tapu Lele GX GRI (60/145)

Trainer Cards (33)
* 3 Sycamore BKP
* 3 Cynthia ULP
* 2 Guzma BUS
* 2 N FCO
* 1 Brigette BKT
* 1 Acerola BUS
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG
* 4 Rare Candy SUM
* 4 Choice Band GRI
* 3 Super Scoop Up BUS
* 3 Max Potion GRI
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI
* 1 Field Blower GRI

Energy (11)
* 3 Rainbow Energy SUM
* 1 Beast Energy {*} FBL
* 4 Strong Energy FCO
* 3 Fighting energy

The whole point of the deck is to do a consistent amount of spread damage. (Kinda like Landorous EX/Crobat)
Decidueyes are for bench sitting or a possible hollow hunt GX.
Buzzwole is the main attacker and its the prime objective to buff him a lot and get huge hits while still doing a consistent amount of spread damage.

Last edited:
I've run a similar deck (Seismitoad-Decidueye) quite a bit and have a few thoughts for your consideration:

Since Buzzwole GX is your primary attacker, its count should be maxed-out.

4 Decidueye GX seem excessive (even if 1 is prized or becomes Ultra Ball fodder).

Running 3+ Brigette is critical to getting the Rowlet benched as quickly as possible; i.e., T1.

Running the 1 Acerola overlaps the Super Scoop Up and seems not to be critical.

Running 4 Rare Candy with 2 Datrix seem excessive.

3 [Super] Scoop Up and 3 Max Potion overlap to some degree and seem excessive.

Choice Bands may be less useful than Fighting Fury Belts given your investment in Super Scoop Up and Max Potion.

Running Rescue Stretcher alone does not allow you to recover discarded F energy.

Should you encounter an opponent using Garbotoxin, your entire Decidueye GX lines' Feather Arrows can not be used. 1 Field Blower is insufficient.

Why no Stadium?

Running 3 Rainbow energy for a possible GX attack seem too "desparate" versus "strategic" or "critical" for a game.

1 Beast Prism energy would be difficult to get a critical main target for opponent's energy removal, and this energy can not be recovered once its discarded.

Suggested deck changes:

-1 Decidueye GX
-1 Acerola
-1 Rare Candy
-4 Choice Band
-1 Max Potion
-1 Rescue Stretcher
-3 Rainbow energy
-1 Beast energy

+1 Buzzwole GX
+1 Brigette
+2 Evosoda - facilitates getting your evolution Pokémon into play faster
+1 Field Blower
+3 Fighting Fury Belt - the FFBs, SSUs and Max Potions will help you "tank" your Buzzwole GXs
+1 Guzma / Escape Rope - critical when your opponent keep Guzma'ing your non-Buzzwole GX Pokémon to the Active position
+1 Super Rod
+3 Fighting energy

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I think this deck is rather inconsistent. If you take a look at decks such as Buzzwole/Lycanroc or Buzzwole/Garbodor. They are pretty streamlined and simple. They don't have weird amounts of energy or too many things going on. And overall, those decks are seeing better success for a reason.

Anyhow, since you asked for advice on your list, I shall provide you some.

- I'd drop Decidueye to a 4-1-3, like @TuxedoBlack suggested. (Partially, but I think that 4 Rowlet is pretty crucial to your setup, so you mostly want more of those.)

- Definetly go up to 4 Buzzwole, since it is your main attacker. Or you could even make that 4th Buzzwole a Zygarde EX, to diversify your weakness of Psychic.

- Definetly use 3 Fighting Fury Belts, since I believe this deck'b objective should be to spread a lot of damage and deny 1HKOs.

- I don't like Super Scoop Up much, I think an Acerola/Max Potion Combo would be much better, and much more reliable, and it can get rid of Parallel City, which can limits this decks bench space, which limits your damage output.

- Also, on your question @TuxedoBlack, does this deck really need Stadiums?

- Since Garbotoxin is big problem for this deck, I'd go up to 2 Field Blowers.

- I would run Super Rod over Rescue Stretcher.

- I'd honestly not run any Rainbow Energy. It's kinda inconsistent and makes Buzzwole's HP 180, which is a HUGE difference.

I might make a list for this, but it might be better post rotation. Anyway, hope that helps. @TuxedoBlack Also makes some points that are decent, so I'd think about some of those as well.

- Also, on your question @TuxedoBlack, does this deck really need Stadiums?
Maybe at least 1 perhaps... Although some decks may not benefit from a great Stadium, I usually run at least 1 Parallel Stadium in all my decks. IMO, this is 1 Stadium that can be used in practically all decks for both offensive and defensive reasons.

I would just run fighting energy and strong energy with the exception of beast energy prism star. You don't want to be attacking with decidueye as 90 for three energies is pretty bad. Possibly add in oranguru or octillery as stage two's can be clunky. I'm not sure what to take out though?

Back