• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard BuzzGarb (my first ever league cup win!)

TheJollyFlyingMan

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I won in my first league cup (20 people in Rockville, MD) using this list, which was a modified version of the deck I ran at Memphis and had little success with (3/4/2). I think the additional hammer and blower did count, plus I was way less nervous and used to playing on the clock this time around.

Swiss rounds were:
1) Quad Sylveon with 1-1 Garde (win)
2) Decidueye/Zoroark (win)
3) Buzzwole/Lycanroc (win)
4)Buzzwole/Lycanroc (loss)
5) Greninja (agreed to tie)
Semifinals: Goli/Garb
Finals (Buzzwole/Lycanroc - same one I lost to in round 4)

Espeon EX came in clutch in the semifinals, getting a double Wimpod KO with devolving for the win .

Weakness Policy is something I wanted to try to see if it could be used to counter a Mewtwo or other psychic tech but it never saw play so would probably be the first card I'd remove , for an additional Bridgette, Guzma, Acerola or Band most likely.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1515433378444.jpg
    FB_IMG_1515433378444.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 57
Congrats on your LC victory.

I too run a Buzzwole-Garbodor deck too; but, I do not use Sudowoodo nor Rainbow energy. The Sudowoodo's Ability can be easily countered and I just prefer running Psychic energy and an Energy Retrieval.

not sure what you mean by Ability on Sudowoodo, it's the Watch and Learn one, not the Roadblock one.

The psychic and retrieval/letter is an interesting idea, I can test it. But I will say I don't like having a dead energy in hand for early game, and there have definitely been times when I was stuck with Rainbow for the first Jet Punch. I think I may however consider Fighting Fury Belts over Choice Bands, to mitigate the annoying 10 HP loss on Buzzwole from the Rainbow energy drop.

Edit: when it comes out, Beast Energy would be a welcome addition in place of a Rainbow since it's objectively better as a one-of. Though by then I might be trying other decks (particularly interested in Buzzwole/Naganadel/UB support)

not sure what you mean by Ability on Sudowoodo, it's the Watch and Learn one, not the Roadblock one...
Apologies; I was definitely thinking of the Roadblocking Sudowoodo.

...The psychic and retrieval/letter is an interesting idea, I can test it. But I will say I don't like having a dead energy in hand for early game, and there have definitely been times when I was stuck with Rainbow for the first Jet Punch. I think I may however consider Fighting Fury Belts over Choice Bands, to mitigate the annoying 10 HP loss on Buzzwole from the Rainbow energy drop.
My energy mix is: 5/3/4 Fighting/Psychic/Strong, respectively. This seems to work well for me. If need be, one could also add a Professor's Letter to boost energy attachment consistency even more. I really don't like reducing my Poké's HP with Rainbow energy. That extra 10 HP can sometimes make a real difference.

Interestingly enough, I do like the FF Belts more than the Choice Bands since most opponents will tend to sacrifice their non-EX/GX Pokémon initially when confronted with my Buzzwole GXs.

Apologies; I was definitely thinking of the Roadblocking Sudowoodo.

My energy mix is: 5/3/4 Fighting/Psychic/Strong, respectively. This seems to work well for me. If need be, one could also add a Professor's Letter to boost energy attachment consistency even more. I really don't like reducing my Poké's HP with Rainbow energy. That extra 10 HP can sometimes make a real difference.

Interestingly enough, I do like the FF Belts more than the Choice Bands since most opponents will tend to sacrifice their non-EX/GX Pokémon initially when confronted with my Buzzwole GXs.

I didn't have any FFB's on me in person yesterday which is the only reason I subbed bands. I do run them in one variant online .

At this LC it turned out Band was a fine choice because almost all basics I ran into early game were either other big GX's (where Band performs better) , Zorua/Eevee that get OHKO'd by Jet Punch without the belt, or Wimpods which can't be OHKO'd with strong+belt Unless I ran Regirock, which I figured would be a bad choice since it's disabled by Garbotoxin.

I may consider a 2-2 split of both tools, especially since I will likely remove Weakness Policy.

Also what do you think about Parallel City vs Po Town? Interestingly Frank Percic's 20th place Memphis deck used it over Po Town.

Nice list.

I do not really like the Multi switch and I also want to no how often you used multi switch just like TSA123

Nice list.

I do not really like the Multi switch and I also want to no how often you used multi switch just like TSA123

I used it once in the league cup to get a needed switch off a Lele after Guzma. At Memphis it was important for one of my 3 wins , allowing me to move an energy up to Espeon EX for a devolve KO. I think it's useful to avoid the 10 damage from Rainbow on the active. Could experiment with a few other techs like Loto

Looks to be a good list, and I agree with most of you card choices. Because you're playing Rainbow Energy, Acid Spray Trubbish BKP would make better use than the Stomp Off one. 10 damage can matter in some cases, but having chance at energy disruption is the kicker, and even when you'd normally never attack with it, to put it simply: shit happens. You never know when Acid Spray will save you a game. I would also play Parallel City over Po Town if you're not playing 3 or 4. Po Town is just one of those stadiums.

...Also what do you think about Parallel City vs Po Town? Interestingly Frank Percic's 20th place Memphis deck used it over Po Town.
Since I also run Espeon EX in my list also, I "lean" more towards Po Town (for this deck) given that the majority of "top" decks are based upon evolution Pokémon. However, from my experience, I've also found Parallel city to be an outstanding Stadium; and I run at least 1 copy in all my decks.

Back