• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Buzzgarb 2.0

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Okay, as promised, here is the new and improved BuzzGarb:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bXXhWcJao4h0T6Nic7ReQuHTNFLsBIXa/view?usp=drivesdk

I feel like Garb is the only thing you can afford to play Buzzwole with now because Necrozma can easily set up Dawn Wings to stream knockouts, almost as an autowin condition, and Naganadel(as bad as it is) is hard to play against without Parallel City. Also, having Ability lock, damage, and consistency really pits your opponent against an annoying monster. And baby Buzz means you don't have to be scared as balls to Trashalanche, which is another new archetype I'm working on.
Edit: the Trashalanche archetype was shit. It was Ultra Necrozma/Garb with baby Dusk Mane.

Anyway, this list is consistent, I might find room for a 4th Strong and an extra Lele, but I do well with this deck because I minimize everything that isn't completely necessary. Although, 1 Nest Ball over 2, rip T1 Trubbish. As much as I like 2 though, you only really need 1.
Edit: I squeezed all of these in. I'm really satisfied with the list now. Not having Elixirs is actually working out pretty well. Cutting any luck based items is paying off, since hitting just 2 of your Beast Rings in the prize window can set you up the whole game, which running 4 maximizes those odds and defeats the purpose of Elixir in this deck. Yes, you have no acceleration late or early game, but if you hit multiple Beast Ring, your late game is set up and waiting, and early game... you kinda just Jet Punch :/ . Although that's one thing I'm not happy with, it is only 1 thing I have to deal with, so I'm cool with settling.

Last edited:
Bump. I changed a lot and the deck runs so much cleaner. I cut Super Rod. 90% of the time I just shuffled 3 Energy back in to hit Elixirs, but now hitting Beast Rings is overall better, space sufficient, and sets up a lot better. Which is also why I dropped Elixirs. It's not nearly as bad as it sounds. When do I disappoint?

If things keep going my way with the deck, I'll probably play it until next set, but if things go downhill(honestly, they have been. I'm doing terribly in this month's tournament. I'm on my way to a potential 3rd loss), I'll move on to something else. I've been having a blast with Gardy, and Drampa/Garb has been fun, but I might just tough it out and buy Ultra Necrozmas. I have the whole deck built except for those.

Anyway, have fun either playing the deck or thinking I'm crazy with playing no Elixirs. Btw, play Elixirs in every other Buzzwole variant. This is the only exception, since 4 big boys are your only attacker.

gumball, would be interested to know your Gardy deck if you'd like to share please, in a new thread.
My son is going to Sheffield regionals with it, so looking for options.
Thanks.

I've made a couple changes to the deck, like dropping Clefairy for Gallade, since just 1 can mean you waste 1 less Rare Candy from a Sycamore, control what your Abyssal Hand draws are, and having an answer for Hoopa.
I also dropped a Field Blower for an Alolan Vulpix and a card for a Skyla so I have more options if I go second(Beacon can grab Lele and Gardevoir for the Skyla+Rare Candy+Gardevoir combo).

Back