• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Bulletproof 'Bone (Fun League Deck)

Have you tried Kabuto from AR for your starter? Rock reaction will evolve the fossil right to Kabuto and Fast Evolution lets you search your deck for 2 Marowaks.

@b1ackspidey Hmmm... that would be useful. I'd probably get rid of all my other starters if I put him in. maybe 4 dome fossils and 2 kabutos?

Plus you would need to put some fighting energy in for the rock reaction. But yeah 4-2 would give you the best odds for starting with the fossil.

Hmm, I thought you couldn't play down Fossils first turn. I might be wrong, but they do count as Trainers. :/

theZone said:
solrock and lunatone can erease the water weakness plus can block garchomps healing breath. could help

Since the only weakness to water in this deck is Cubone, I assume he means it erases Cubone's weakness. But I don't see any Lunatone that can do that.

Yeah you can start with a fossil as your active. Exploud is the only weakness removing pokemon for Fighting I can think of. There isn't a Lunatone that I can think of either.

Q. At the beginning of the game, can I start with a Mysterious/Claw/Root Fossil as my Active Pokémon even if I have another "real" Pokémon on the bench?
A. Yes, you can start with a Fossil Trainer card as your Active Pokémon, at the start of the game. (Oct 2, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

@b1ackspidey Yeah, I don't mind switching out some of my psychic energy for fighting. I might have to up my energies to increase my odds of getting one in my hand turn one, though.

@Yoshidude10 Yeah, I couldn't find it either, and I definitely don't have enough room to tech in a stage 2 pokemon. :/ Looks like 4 Bubble Coats it is.

Maybe think about running a Blissey from PL, so even if the do 100 damage you can remove it. Plus it helps with the discarding.

^A stage 1 is pretty bad as a starter. Although it seems like it'd help, there are better ways. Like Phione MD. If you want something that can evolve, but don't like the trainer lock, that's a good place to start.

Blissey PL wasn't meant for a starter, but for a tech I assume...

P. S. FM, how does every single rogue deck in this forum always seem to degenerate to a debate between you and I? =P

I didn't know we were debating this...And it's probably because we're both smart and have valid reasons for thinking the way we do. If we always agreed we wouldn't be as helpful IMO. BTW, i was refering to starting with Dome Fossil/Kabuto, not Blissey PL. Should have specified that, sorry.

PS: Where'd you get your Avatar? I'm hoping to get one like it. I like the artwork of whoever does those. I'm suspecting Gliscor, but IDK.

You could start with Jirachi RR as well. Phione MD doesn't really see much play due to its inferiority. Also, if you start with a fossil, then Trainer Lock can't prevent you from dropping it, because it's already there, and you can just use Reaction to evolve it.

^Yeah I know. I heard he was worried about trainer lock so I suggested an alternative to TOMB that did essentially the same thing, that's all.
Actually, come to think of it, Jirachi RR doesn't see much play for exactly the same reason. It's a shame too. I really love that card.

I've gone over the suggestions so far and edited my deck accordingly. I would like to have some other stuff in my deck, but I feel like it would either slow it down too much or make it too inconsistent.

Thoughts on new build?

Also, I looked around for a basic fire pokemon that I could tech in for Dialga Lv.X situations but couldn't find a decent option. Taking suggestions on that as well.

Since you run no Cyrus' Conspiracy or Interviewer's Questions, I would go with two. Also, I would replace your 3 Bubble Coat with a 1 - 1 - 1 Exploud line.

Also, please take a look at Professor Oak's Visit (It's better than Emcee's Chatter).

@Pokemunkulys Great ideas. I used all of them, in fact. I don't know why I didn't think about the Bubble Coat/Exploud trade-out. For some reason I didn't think I could fit Exploud in there and then I made room for the Bubble Coats. lol Duh.

I agree with all of the above. I've run Blaziken X in the past and he's quick to set up and can also disrupt your opponent by switching their active out and burning the new active.

The best thing about this deck is that it's SO cheap. Since I already had most of the cards in the build, it's only going to cost me about $15-20 to get the rest to fill it out. I can't wait to play-test the new build.

Still taking suggestions, though. Just in case someone sees something that could still be improved.

@POKEVORTEX I agree. I like that a lot about him. He's a win-win tech. If I wanted I could just use him to attack while I continue to set up(If I get off to a slow start).

Back