• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Bulletproof 'Bone (Fun League Deck)

ErradicaSean

T1
*UPDATED DECK LIST* with Blaziken FB and updated Strategy section

[attachment=6127]
4 Marowak (TM)
2 Cubone (TM)
1 Unown Q (MD)
1 Shuppet (PL)
1 Banette (PL)
1 Unown U (LA)
1 Azelf (LA)
2 Uxie (LA)
1 Whismur (SV)
1 Loudred (SV)
1 Exploud (SV)
1 Blaziken FB (SV)
1 Blaziken FB Lv.X (SV)

18 Pokemon

SUPPORTERS
4 Seeker (TM)
2 Underground Expedition (RR)
3 Professor Oak's Visit (AR)
3 Twins (TM)
2 Black Belt (TM)
1 Professor Oak's New Theory (HS)
1 Professor Elm's Training Method (HS)
1 Fisherman (HS)
1 Looker's Investigation (PL)
TRAINERS
4 Junk Arm (TM)
2 Pokedex handy910is (PL)
1 Pokeball (PL)
1 Dual Ball (UL)
1 Luxury Ball (SF)
1 Pokemon Communication (HS)
STADIUMS
2 Snowpoint Temple (LA)

30 T/S/S

4 Rescue Energy
6 Psychic Energy
2 Fire Energy

12 Energy

Prologue
I'm still buying up all the cards to build my formidable LostGar deck, but I wanna play in the league in my area ASAP. So, I decided to look through what cards I do have right now to build something that would be random and fun. It wasn't long before I stumbled across Cubone (TM)'s interesting body. BAM! Deck idea born.

Strategy
The goal of this deck is to get 4 Marowaks into your discard pile as soon as possible and make use of Cubone's Poke-Body. Banette, Unown U, and Junk Arm are to get 'Waks into the discard pile. Exploud to get rid of my 2x water weakness on 'Bone. Blaziken FB Lv.X to OTK Dialga Lv.X because of his "anti-poke-body" poke-body. Azelf to get any important pieces of the strategy out of my prizes, Uxie for drawing power, and Unown Q to negate anyone's retreat cost that might be stuck out in my active spot.

I'm running 4 Seekers. So, I can reuse Azelf and Uxie if need be and also to clear my bench of anyone not named Cubone once I achieve 4 'Waks in my discard pile. Pretty much everything else is for drawing power.

Snowpoint is to give my 'Bones another 20+ HP just in case they need it.

I run 4 Rescue energy in case my opponent knocks out somebody important before I get set up or if they manage to KO a 'Bone. 2 Fire energy for Blaziken FB and 6 Psychic just in case I HAVE TO attack with one of my Psychic techs, but hopefully that shouldn't happen.

It takes about 4-5 turns to set up on bad starts. After that as long as I can OTK Dialga Lv.X if he pops his ugly head up, it's game.

Because of the Exploud line teched in, this deck is no longer an auto-loss to high-powered water decks. :D Now, it would just be a case of can I flip enough heads before Gyarados chips away at my 'Bone. I mostly just built this deck for the lolz, but I figured I might as well put it in here to get some criticism on it. Feel free to giggle away.

Attachments

• wm_normal_060-cubone.jpg
    wm_normal_060-cubone.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 111
I like it. It's clever and has a lot of potential, but what if the opponent targets Uxie or Azelf and you can't get hold of a Seeker, they're practically free prize cards for them. And then there's the scenario of you playing a Kingdra Prime who can do 60 for 1 water energy if there isn't a fire type in play. This could be good for small matches and PRs, but against Gyarados, Kingdra Prime or other water-type decks I think it's at risk. Another factor is that in my opinion, there's not enough Cubones. I realise that you need the space for trainers, but for a Cubone-based deck, is two enough? IT's just my opinion and you can ignore it, but I think three would be better.

Also, Aaron's collection is for only SPs and energies if you didn't know. What is the purpose of it in this deck?

I was thinking of this deck 3 months ago. It's cool someones using it.

Anyways, take out your Bill for Emcees Chatter. You have a chance at 3 cards, while Bill gives 2.

Since you just attack with basics and all of them have low HP try to get 2/3 Snowpoint Temple and 2/3 Expert Belt.

@POKEVORTEX Yeah, I know it's an auto-loss to high-powered water decks. :/ The Azelf and Uxie thing is planned actually. Before I get completely set up, I hope to get Twins live by losing a couple of guys. Because if I'm not playing against a water deck or something to get around poke-bodies, my Cubones are practically indestructible once I finish my set up. Yes, I would prefer to run 3 Cubones. I put just 2 in because that's all I had when I looked through my cards. Although, when I played my deck, I noticed I have so much drawing power that I really don't need more than 2 'Bones in my deck because it's so easy to get them onto the field. I'm gonna have to playtest more to see if it would benefit the deck enough to add in the 3rd one. As for the Aaron's Collection. It's to get energies out of my discard pile in case they get taken down with a set up pokemon.

@glaceon Thank you. That card is a lot better than Bill. The final build will definitely include it. Did you ever end up making the deck?

@Hagane Also, good advice. I thought about the expert belts. I'll probably just replace the Black Belts with those. I'll have to think about what to take out for Snowpoint though.

@Pokemunkulys Ah, thank you. I wasn't aware of that card's existence. That's definitely going to replace Aaron's collection in the final build.

I'll update my decklist on my next day off when I have more time to research and think. Please keep the ideas coming.

@EradicaSean Good thinking with the Azelf and Uxies in that case. Some very good points made, and good luck with the deck. However, I have one last problem: what about facing a Dialga G LvX? They're quite popular, and with the Clash of Legends boxes giving them out free, they're growing and growing. If you didn't know, Dialga G LvX's Poke Body stops any Poke-Bodies, so I'd put in something to stop that from happening, like a fire-type. I know that this is one deck of many, but it is growing and the deck is at risk.

@ShadowCharizard I think that Black Belt is fine in here, and I understand the absence of Expert Belts. The fact that the opponent takes two prizes is a large disadvantage, especially in this deck. Admittedly, Black Belt takes up the supporter allowed for one turn, but it does more and it could be the difference between a win and a loss. Expert Belt doesn't really work well in this situation.

well with e-belt and snowpoint with defenders you then could say water proof and fireproof and luxchomp cant touch you lol but look at it defender is like a boost or instant defence you need to put 4 marowaks in the discard but defender keeps you safe for a turn and bubble coat kills you weakness for a little

@pokemon24/7 Good points. I think that with the others, Expert Belt still isn't really needed and increases the risk in your game, but your thoughts could work too.

My only suggestion is Defender for even MORE Bulletproofness!
BTW, Black Belt>E-belt in this deck. E-belt is far too risky.

@pokemon24/7 I like the Bubble Coat idea. Wouldn't that stay on Cubone until he was actually damaged or would I have to discard it whenever someone attacked? Because the reason he wouldn't take damage is his Poke-Body, I'm not sure in what order things are done in that situation. If it stayed on him, I will DEFINITELY be running 4 of those in the final build.

@POKEVORTEX and Shadow Charizard Yeah, I'm still debating on whether or not to put the E-Belts in. I'm leaning towards not because of the obvious drawback, though.

@DIALGA G X You run psychic energy in your LuxChomp deck? Actually, Cubone's attack is limitless in it's damage output. It's quite easy if you're good at flipping a coin to OTK pokemon after pokemon with his attack.

@XFlameMasterX I actually had Defenders in my original build, but I had to take them out to put something in when I was making my final decisions. :/ If I have room after I make some changes they'll probably be put back in.

@POKEVORTEX about the Dialga G Lv.X, Yeah, I really don't like that card at all. My friend has that deck and I tried my best to keep it off his bench (Looker's, Seeker) but he finally got it out and came back and won. A basic hard hitting fire-type would be easy to tech in for that occasion again. I'll have to look into what would be the best for that position.

solrock and lunatone can erease the water weakness plus can block garchomps healing breath. could help

@ErradicaSean: With just the 4 'Waks in the d-pile, you reduce damage done to 'Bone by 80. This means that someone must do 120 to one-shot you. Pretty bulky, but it can be done. If, however, you throw Defenders into the mix, it gets a lot tougher to damage 'Bone. The nice thing about Defenders is, you can just discard all 'Waks and reduce damage the old fashioned way, but if your opponent gets set up enough to be a threat, just add Defenders and things take care of themselves.

As far as Bubble Coat goes, it stays on your Pokemon until it's damaged, then it gets discarded.

@theZone which set are you talking about? I have the ones from Triumphant, but I just see the Poke-Body that stops healing. Which set has the Lunatone that stops weakness?

@XFlameMasterX I really like the idea of having Defenders in there, especially, with Snowpoint. It'll make it pretty challenging for any deck to one-shot my 'Bones.

Back